Hacking No text, only icons?

anky0909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The other day, I added wood r4 v1.29 onto my SD card. It had a 1Gb MicroSD card. I felt that this was too small (I could only fit about 3-4 games depending on which one) and then switched it to a 2Gb card.

Note: I have an original r4 card.

The problem:
Whenever I now open the game, it has a black screen at the top and the bottom only shows the 3 menu icons - no text. When I click A on the folder icon for the games, I can still play the games on it and everything, but I can't get to the cheats nor check anything out. It worked before, but then it stopped when I deleted the 'zelda' and 'gbatemp' skin.

What I have done already:
I put a back-up off all my games and deleted them all off my SD card. Then, I formatted it with the Panasonic SD formatter, downloaded Wood r4 v1.29 and put it back on. I followed the steps on http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4, copying and pasting the ".dat" onto the main of my SD card. I've done this twice, but the same thing still happens.

I've also changed things in the globalsettings.ini and saved it. The system settings menu appears when I hold L + Y, but there is no text. Maybe the problem is to do with the text colour? If this is the case, then what can I do to fix it?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks~

Z

Zorua

It's reading the games and that means that the DS is detecting the cart. Can you give me a picture of the root of your microSD?

anky0909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
anky0909 said:
AlanJohn said:
This happens to me sometimes...
Just use the "Paper Trick"

But isn't the paper trick for the r4's that actually don't work at all?
It works most of the time.

But I can play the games - I just can't access the cheats or see any text when I open the system settings menu on the card.

Z

Zorua

Yup, there's your problem. Just as I expected.
Everything inside the WoodR4 folder is supposed to be on the root and not inside that folder.
That means the _rpg folder is supposed to be on the root.

anky0909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Everything inside the WoodR4 folder is supposed to be on the root and not inside that folder.

So you mean that the _rpg folder is meant to be in the root as well as the .dat file? So that's what people probably meant when they said keeping it 'hidden'...

Thanks xD I'll try it out now and see if it works
biggrin.gif

Z

Zorua

anky0909 said:
Zorua said:

So you mean that the _rpg folder is meant to be in the root as well as the .dat file? So that's what people probably meant when they said keeping it 'hidden'...

Thanks xD I'll try it out now and see if it works
biggrin.gif

Yup, that's what I meant.
Hope it works.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox