KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
209788-ZenninShiboudes-Header.jpg

An employee at Aksys Games, the publishers of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors in North America, has said they have no plans to localize Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die. The game features a lot of voice acting, so that may explain why they might not want to tackle the project. Still, it’s a bummer to hear the game might not make it over. Here’s hoping some other publisher picks up the game.
Link

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Aww... damn. Of all the games, I was hoping that one would come here. I mean, they could just fix the text and all... leave the voice acting be. -_-
True, in fact, I usually prefer Japanese VAs.

Oh well, the Vita's region free, and I am (limitedly) literate on Jap, so I suppose I'll be able to play the game.

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww... damn. Of all the games, I was hoping that one would come here. I mean, they could just fix the text and all... leave the voice acting be. -_-
True, in fact, I usually prefer Japanese VAs.

Oh well, the Vita's region free, and I am (limitedly) literate on Jap, so I suppose I'll be able to play the game.
Yep, Honestly I was looking forward to this. They must just be lazy, they could still make a fair bit off the game.

D

Deleted User

That's really lame. Aksys localized Fate/Extra for the PSP and they just left the Japanese voices in the game and subtitled it. If voice acting dubbing is a serious issue, then why not just put subtitles and leave the voices alone? People can read. You're suppose to read in this kind of game.

Reactions: 1 person

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
That's really lame. Aksys localized Fate/Extra for the PSP and they just left the Japanese voices in the game and subtitled it. If voice acting dubbing is a serious issue, then why not just put subtitles and leave the voices alone? People can read. You're suppose to read in this kind of game.

I agree completely.

I still think someone somewhere is not completely stupid and will realise that the game has a fanbase elsewhere and will translate it. We dont even need a dub since ALOT of people actually complain when games from japan dont feature an option for japanese voices, so i think most people will be happy to read this and have japanese voices.

Also @[member='KingVamp'], If you can, Change the topic title to include something saying "good people die" because im guessing people (including myself) wont know what game you're on about unless they click it and if you do the topic will get more attention

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why the region lock should be removed. I don't mind Japanese games and Japanese voice acting but importing a Japanese 3DS is like $400 on top of importing the game (new) would probably be around $70-80. I wouldn't mind paying $70-80 for a game like this as I limit myself a lot in spendings in case expensive things come up.

Anyone want to try to put a petition together for Japanese voice/English text? (Similar to The Last Story/Pandora's Tower/Xenoblade translation petitions)

If they're not going to localize it, then they should make it region free (developers have a choice to do that).

This was on my...like...top 3 list of wantings for the 3DS. Now I'm sad :(

Lusankya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought 999 sold better in the US than in Japan. Or is this just a baseless rumor?

Usually statements like "we don't have any plans to do xyz" don't worry me, because they say such things all the time when there are no concrete plans. But the guy also said: "Because I REALLY need to play it in English @_@." So I guess he already knows they will never localize this game.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, just damn...
It's a shame. 999 was absolutely amazing although if it gets localized but only for the US, my only option will be to either buy a Vita or another 3DS (US version) =(

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree completely.

I still think someone somewhere is not completely stupid and will realise that the game has a fanbase elsewhere and will translate it. We dont even need a dub since ALOT of people actually complain when games from japan dont feature an option for japanese voices, so i think most people will be happy to read this and have japanese voices.
Exactly, I hate dubs and much prefer listening to how it was originally intended..when will they realise this?! It makes it less of a hassle.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
T_T
Extreme Escape Adventure was the game I was waiting the most on for the 3DS.

I sure do hope that they will change their mind.

EDIT: We could almost try to gather all 999 fans and send a petition email to the developers, to tell them what we think and that we WILL buy the game.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, double damn, and an extra pint of damn for the weekend!

Well, I can understand why they would choose not to localize the game. With twenty-four endings, it'll probably be a hell of a lot more problematic to translate than 999. And with a game so heavily reliant on word-play, a simple translation isn't enough. And with a re-written script, keeping the Japanese vocals would be disingenuous. And if the mouth movements are shown, the dialogue would have to account for that, too....

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Relax lads, the game hasn't even been released yet in Japan yet. Aksys aren't going to commit themselves to localizing this early. Which just sounds sensible.

I certainly hope you are right, or some other publisher picks this up. The worst part is that if it is US only like 999, I won't be able to play it anyway :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated