No Paper Instruction Manual For Super Mario 3D Land On Nintendo 3DS

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I still say w'ever to their deed on saving 'paper'. What about the all the plastic cases that protects your precious cartiage, CD, or whatever.

Nintendo didn't make any difference at all, they are using tutorials inside the game which they already had been before the DS. So their efforts are non-existant.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's never too late to be eco-friendly. I think it's great because I never read them anyway. Using up resources for stuff that's not needed is just unnecessary.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I've only read the manual for a game like three times.

If it's how retro games on the eShop work, that'd be cool. When you press the home button, it has the option for instructions. (Might not be the retro games, some games do have that though).

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I oftend do read my game manuals but I wouldn't mind reading it on my 3DS. Reduces money coststoo so it wouldn''t be a bad idea to go a little eco-friendly

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Is this a first time thing? never heard of it. retro classic collection (or similar name) on the ds said reading the manual is like cheating.
i always liked the manuals especially if they have character backgrounds and many images. its not too bad actually. everything today IS ebooks

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Great, less trees murdered for entertainment!

Now, if only they ever decided to use less plastic for the cases.... :rolleyes:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, less trees murdered for entertainment!

Now, if only they ever decided to use less plastic for the cases.... :rolleyes:

I believe they said these cases are more environmental friendly than the old case they were using.

This is just one small step towards no physical presence for a game whatsoever. Nintendo's catching up with the times.

(I hope they take their time)
Nintendo stated something about that and they believe it wouldn't happen any time soon. (Basically of what they said)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
sims 3 pets on the ps3 had a 4 page instruction booklet, batman arkham city hardly had anything in terms of a instruction manual, you are going to see more and more recently released games having less and less physical content as it moves to more online oriented with cloud gaming on the horizon too.

I will miss having the booklets for my newer games, but this is a step in the right direction.

i don't agree, so you are basically saying that it's ok to take away content that was normally there in the first place? god forbid what the wii U will be like.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
sims 3 pets on the ps3 had a 4 page instruction booklet, batman arkham city hardly had anything in terms of a instruction manual, you are going to see more and more recently released games having less and less physical content as it moves to more online oriented with cloud gaming on the horizon too.

I will miss having the booklets for my newer games, but this is a step in the right direction.

i don't agree, so you are basically saying that it's ok to take away content that was normally there in the first place? god forbid what the wii U will be like.
The games will come in an ethereal way

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, manuals have really sucked for a long time anyways.
I used to really enjoy reading the game manuals back in the NES days. Even during SNES and Genesis, they contained a wealth of great info. The manual used to be where you read the actual storyline of the game.
But somewhere along the time that we moved into 3d, manuals just started getting boring. More and more started being moved to in-game story and tutorials. Manuals these days usually just list the basic controls, and thats about it :\ So, no big loss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo