No more stars for visits on nintendo-europe.com?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by accolon, Mar 13, 2007.

1. accolon
    OP

Member accolon GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I used to visit nintendo-europe.com daily because of the 5 stars they are giving away for each visit every 24h. Today I noticed that the number of my stars didn't increase anymore, and looking at the history of stars earned so far I saw that the last time I got stars for a daily visit was on March 6th.

I logged out, deleted the cookie and cleared my browser cache, but it didn't help.

Did anybody else (from Europe) notice this, too? I'm wondering if Nintendo has already stopped giving away stars for free, especially since it might be possible to use stars to buy VC games soon.

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    That's probably the reason... No more free stars. Double that with a high exchange rate... [​IMG]

Stingy NoE.

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    You might be right, just logged in and according to the stats page it didn't add any on for today. Bizarre... The stars catalogue page still says you should get 5 per day, but then again we all know how rubbish NOE's site is so they've probably not updated it.

Still, as long as they do *something* with the stars catalogue I suppose it's better than nothing. Mobile wallpaper has to be the shittiest token collecting gift ever. [​IMG]

(As an unrelated side note, last week a friend of a friend delighted in telling me how awesome virtual console is. The look on his face when I told him he was getting ripped off compared to the States was priceless, he wasn't having any of it and just kept going on and on about how good it is. [​IMG] Well, I suppose they're hitting their target audience.)

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Apologies for the thread revival and the subsequent double-post, but it appears to be working again now [​IMG]

5. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i set NoE page to open every time i start firefox, therefore, i never check whether the amount has been incremented. Thanks for informing everyone, as i would never have noticed.