No more R4i SDHC...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by qbert, Sep 16, 2009.

1. qbert
    OP

qbert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2009
    Italy
    I'm absolutely disappointed by low support on R4i SDHC, maybe due to the cheap architecture, and want to move to a new R4i card.

What about Hyper, Ultra or RTS? Expecially Hyper, look very well supported, with continuos upgrade. Is it a good choice?

Please, don't tell me to buy AK2 or other... I want to stay on R4i!

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Do yourself a favour a favour and get a M3/SC/EZ?AK2 cart. They can be updated and being able to update your cart is a good thin. it's better then buying a new cart per update.

However you're a masochist as you insistence to stay with a cart R4i related suggests so get the Ultra because I like the word.

3. qbert
    OP

qbert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2009
    Italy
    I'm afraid there is a lot of prejudice on R4 clones.

Hyper comes from original R4 team and looks well supported, with continuos firmware updates, including last 1.4 support.

I only ask if any trouble with games or other particular issue is known.

TY

4. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    What makes you want to stay with r4, i mean AK2i has WAY better support.
    You might get a r4 clone (you don't want to do that my friend had a clone) the chance is there even when it says it's original.

5. scrtmstr

scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    the Netherregions!
    i also have a R4i SDHC, but i'm going over to ak2i. I've had a R4i all the time since i owned a ds, but i'm going to quit. I don't trust it anymore. You may buy a new one, but if i where you, i would choose the AK2i, because it's proven itself, therefore i'm ordering one

6. nicky041192

nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2008
    UK
    you serious? haha

7. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    The Hyper does not come from the original R4 Team, it's a clone, a knock off, a copy, a forgery or whatever term you'd prefer to use. I really don't get the brand name loyalty when it comes to R4 fakes/clones. You're already complaining about the one you have, why swap a turd for another turd?