Hacking No more need for flashcards with the DSi?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It was 98 and we basically screwed around with every option we could find, we had limited choices then we managed to access more and more(the help, the printer's help, and in the end the browser window). Had I known that launching explorer.exe restores the desktop I'd have run it but back then I didn't know much. XD;

Anyway I'm willing to bet anything that an exploit for all our needs DOES exist and WILL be uncovered on an UNFLASHED DS system.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's almost positive....But I'm thinking that Nintendo could possibly restrict SD slot physically, from gaming part of motherboard....I'm not sure if that's possible, but that would deny any pirating..

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
That's almost positive....But I'm thinking that Nintendo could possibly restrict SD slot physically, from gaming part of motherboard....I'm not sure if that's possible, but that would deny any pirating..
I doubt it, they are going to want you to pay to download games and play them off SD card. Just like Wiiware and Virtual Console on the Wii.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ssseth said:
Toni Plutonij said:
I doubt it, they are going to want you to pay to download games and play them off SD card. Just like Wiiware and Virtual Console on the Wii.

I think Toni's got the right idea, once the firmware loses control of the DSi it'll switch the SD slot off. Some clever hacker might be able to figure a way around it but I'll pretty much guarantee that it'll be the case at launch. Think of this, Nintendo have been making a big stink about battling piracy on the DS. Why would they release a new revision and not combat the flashcarts and pirates.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
were a year away from seeing it in america and the west. so why worry
the guys in japan will crack it way before it gets released here
I have the money to import one so WCS ill test it out in nov or dec. ill test with my R4 if it works with games/homebrew ill see if I can flash it because Ill end up buying another when they come to US.
(WSC Worst Case Scenario)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: not really