Hacking No more need for flashcards with the DSi?

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I wonder with the addition of an SD Card slot if there will be a need for flashcards anymore. I wonder if it will turn out to be the same thing with PSP, put a custom firmware on and just simply pop the games on to the SD card and play.

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably work like hacking the Wii, i.e. using a special save file like the Twilight Hack. Then you can use the SD to load homebrew.

But unless they do something to change the way all the older DS games work, the flash carts will probably work still.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be possible since some people have already hacked today's DS firmwares (Flashme and that fake firmware which bricks your DS). Someone's gotta find a way to dump the DSi's firmware though if it blocks all current flashcarts.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
da_head said:
that could be nintendo intention? they can't beat the hackers, so mite as well make flashkart companies bankrupt?
Actually, that makes sense... The will never stop piracy, but they can at least stop people from making money off of it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, when you think of it, yes it makes perfect sense....Because most of "developers" doesn't earn nothing, but flashcart companies earn big money....

Hmmmm, could it be that Nintendo thought like that, and that's the reason why they used SD slot?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that flashcards wont cut it anymore. But most probably some sort of custom firmware. Either way it will take some time after the relase of the DSi for people and flashcard companies to figure a way out. I think we should wait abit after the realse of the DSi to see what all the flahcard companies reaction to it will be dont you think ?

I mean lets face it, Nintendo is aware about flashcards and what they can and are able to do, i highly doubt that they wilkl make the same mistake again, but still that wont stop us from trying
smile.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's a very high possibility now that you mention it... I believe finding an exploit that would allow to go around the OS security and run NDS code could be very possible... now imagine if they also add in the extra goodies like ingame brightness and realtime save and codes... the new DS could spell the end of even the best flashcarts out there, not to mention it uses SD memory which is cheaper. So if it doesn't break flashcart compatibility it'll replace them huh? Either way it ends the flashcart era... ALL THE MORE REASON TO AVOID IT.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
I mean lets face it, Nintendo is aware about flashcards and what they can and are able to do, i highly doubt that they wilkl make the same mistake again, but still that wont stop us from trying
smile.gif

They won't make the same mistakes again, but I am sure they will make just as many if not more new ones, and us pirates will find the chinks in their armour and fire our cannons at them
yaynds.gif

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
imz said:
wasn't it possible to play PSP iso's on the SD card once downgraded?
Yes, I can play PSP iso's on my memory stick. That and emulator's, video, mp3's, homebrew, etc. The PSP is a better homebrew device and has a nicer screen, but overall the DS has more fun games imo.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
Maz7006 said:
smile.gif

They won't make the same mistakes again, but I am sure they will make just as many if not more new ones, and us pirates will find the chinks in their armour and fire our cannons at them
yaynds.gif

Pirates don't find the exploits, hackers do. When's the last time you found an exploit in a system?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
TrolleyDave said:
UltraMagnus said:
Maz7006 said:
smile.gif

yaynds.gif

Pirates don't find the exploits, hackers do. When's the last time you found an exploit in a system?
Back in 1998 I was trying to get past a mother's password at a friend we regularly had sleepovers at. We fiddled with the admin logging screen and ended up accessing help, and then from help we found the options to print the help page. When an installed printer could not be found... I believe it was something like that, it asked us to browse for one and through that browser window you could access any file, ugh where do I remember using help's search as a vital step in this... anyways we launched Worms.
biggrin.gif
It was something like that I dun remember well.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Searinox said:
TrolleyDave said:
UltraMagnus said:
Maz7006 said:
smile.gif

yaynds.gif

Back in 1998 I was trying to get past a mother's password at a friend we regularly had sleepovers at. We fiddled with the admin logging screen and ended up accessing help, and then from help we found the options to print the help page. When an installed printer could not be found it asked us to browse for one and through that browser window you could access any file on the comp and we launched Worms.
biggrin.gif

Nice one! Still comes under hacking though!
tongue.gif
What was the system, Win95/98?

Syncr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsdoommods.lefora.com
XP
Country
United States
well......nintendo may of messed up.....
they will now bring more piraters in because some people dont have a flash cart, or have a gnm, which means that once it is hacked.....this could bring many piraters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.