Hacking No Firmware upgrades for 3 months

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it hasnt dawned on anyone yet we havent had a Wii Software upgrade in almost 3 months. Now to me, its gotten me to two conclusions

1) Nintendo are working aon a super upgrade that will kill all homebrew
2) Nintendo have give up on stopping homebrew

What do you think

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Giving up on stopping homebrew wouldn't keep them from releasing upgrades, as the majority of wii owners does not have homebrew installed.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably going to be a big update when the Wii Virtual Visor is released. you can see hear, touch and smell wiivision with it. omg i hope they have some really some Homebrew pron for it. lol

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
as far as I know they're working on making it so that WiiWare and VC games can run from an SD Card, of course with that they'll probably also try to do something about homebrew.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They can't stop homebrew. There is NO reason to do a nintendo update, as within a day or two of an update coming out it has been hacked and release here so you can install the features without the downfalls. look at 3.3 and 3.4 both had homebrew kill features, both were fixed in a matter of days, not to mention the fact that there are several unpublished hacks held in reserve for if they do figure a way to kill the twilight hack.

Linkweskerleon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but what wat if they find a way the only option will b not to update unless theres a safe homebrew update that emulates the software add ons of the new update nintendo released

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which is what we have been doing since day one, lol. they have found a way several times each time we beat them. They cannot cover every possible exploit for every game VC title etc that exists. Trust me homebrew isnt going anywhere, No console in history has managed to put a stop to softmods. And as long as someone has a modchip we can always find new hacks
smile.gif

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen a response from someone who works at the repair center from Nintendo. He said Nintendo is gonna give a few tries to stop the backuploader, if that doesn't work they will put an end to the homebrew. All these actions would be done by an update.

I guess there is nothing to worry. Just don't update your Wii. As long as you have 3.2 you can always modify games to work on that firmware (update blocker).

Plus, Nintendo sucks at programming. There will probably be new holes in newer firmwares.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One day you have to upgrade for using some new hardware.

Anyway... we will see what's coming up.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you never have to upgrade for any new hardware. there are several people tracking all update changes automatically. As soon as a hardware update is released it will be stripped analyzed and repackaged without any debilitating effects to homebrew/backup launching

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't imagine they'll find a way to kill all homebrew. They've patched some holes before but have also made more mistakes on top of them, like when the TP Hack was killed and brought back to life twice already. Even with fakesigning patched in recent firmwares there's still whatever exploit the HBC uses to install itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.