6.60 firmware upgrade to 7.40 ?

Abcc777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vita has been modded , almost 2 years ago. System information 3.60 some asian writing- 11 . The HENkaku Settings Spoofed Version is at 7.40. I wanted to install all the latest Homebrew Emulators , with the very nice icons , each game preview. I do have a 256 GB sd card , was thinking of getting a fast 512 gb Samsung Pro Plus. Or maybe a Sandisk 1 TB ?? Just wanted a All in One Retro Emulator Super portable system. And adding Vita games , and PsX PS2 games. I have the 1000 oled version. I dont see the software upgrade button on it. Should i format and start all over ? Can i connect to Playstation Store and do the 7.40 Upgrade ? Sorry for the newbee questions, i tried last night to try to find the YouTube videos and do things on my own. But just couldn't find the Anserw i needed. I Thank You All , You Guys are the BEST !!!!

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 and 3.65 are the golden firmwares for the psvita. do not update. to upgrade your storage just copy everything from your micro sd to your new micro sd.

Abcc777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Will do. From 3.60 will 3.65 be better ? And lets say i want to upgrade Everything else to the latest i have from 2 years ago PKG , RetroArch , 6.61 Adrenaline , then a folder with ShaRKFOOD , Vitalight Lut Editor, PIB Configuration, VitaGrafix Configurator , AutoPlugin II , Autoplugin, VitaShell

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Will do. From 3.60 will 3.65 be better ? And lets say i want to upgrade Everything else to the latest i have from 2 years ago PKG , RetroArch , 6.61 Adrenaline , then a folder with ShaRKFOOD , Vitalight Lut Editor, PIB Configuration, VitaGrafix Configurator , AutoPlugin II , Autoplugin, VitaShell
No real reason to update the system firmware if you're on 3.60. It can do everything 3.65 can do.
You should update your homebrew apps though.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the video of the hack that I've used. It's absolutely FANTASTIC. It is taken directly from Vita.Hacks.Guide. I've used it on 2 Vitas that I own (both 1000's) and I've never had ANY PROBLEMS with the unit, games, Adrenaline, SD2Vita micro sd card, NOTHING. It will give you the latest of all of the programs and apps that you listed, and you will absolutely LOVE this Henlo/HenKaku/Enso hack.

3 bits of advice:

1) Make sure your Vita is updated to 3.74. You will need to "unhack" your vita, so USE THIS METHOD. If you try to update your Vita while it's still HACKED, you will run into problems. Also when you do, make sure the SPOOF is set to 3.74

2) Go into your Settings> power save settings> and MAKE SURE your standby mode is set to 30 minutes. You don't want you Vita to go into sleep mode during the hack. If you do, you're screwed.

3) Finally watch the HACK VIDEO at least twice before you hack the Vita. That way you know what to expect and wouldn't get hung up on anything.

Here is the hack on YouTube:

Best hack in the world!!!

Let us know how it goes! :toot:

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's already modded. There's no real reason to do this. All it does is make the system *less* easy to mod and maybe make some newer games slightly easier to run (as in not needing to bypass fw checks in some way).
No worries, I just thought that if he's had a hack that's two years old, he might want to start from scratch with a new hack. You're right though, if he doesn't need it, no need to do it. :)

Abcc777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Everyone, i had jailbroken it first, then ran to a road block , so i took it to someone for $80 to do it for me. Now want to upgrade the Apps , and the Emulators Roms layouts , i also do have 2 more 1000's i can mess around with. I got them low priced years ago. And just upgrade them to 3.60 , i have the game that has 3.60 upgrade in it. Any links that i may upgrade these apps ? Thanks Everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto