Hacking No Copy Flag doesn't work...sorta

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so here's our problem, I have successfully copied over "My Pokemon Ranch" to my SD card along with it's save file but when I do the same method (load up HBC, load up geckoos17b, yes on Remove Copy Flag, press B, goto wii setting, data management, copy channel...blah, blah ,blah) but when I tried doing this method on my friends Wii who wanted My Pokemon Ranch from me (he's cheap and has no wi-fi so he can't download it yet) it won't copy the channel over...it's say "This Channel (or file i forget) cannot be copied t this wii system (or something) so I tried it with the internet channel, same problem it seems he'll have to actually buy the game...or is there gonna have to be another update so we can do this or is there ANY other method of copying VC/Wiiware games to another wii or newly formatted wii?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't copy channels from one Wii to another. They are signed with your wiis key. Removing the no copy flag only lets you copy saves you normalle couldn't.

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
You can't copy channels from one Wii to another. They are signed with your wiis key. Removing the no copy flag only lets you copy saves you normalle couldn't.
so lets say that if I somehow semi-bricked my wii and decided to format my wii, would it let me copy the channels to the same wii?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wiiluver135 said:
Slowking said:
so lets say that if I somehow semi-bricked my wii and decided to format my wii, would it let me copy the channels to the same wii?

afaik no

QUOTE(Kekkon @ Oct 12 2008, 02:10 AM)
can you give me a link to the program/app/ whatever that's used to remove the flag? we could use it in the MM9 DLC topic.
ah come on. You'll be able to find GeckOS. If not, get off of the internet, you pbviously can't use it.
tongue.gif

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalms* Ahh, this was the regular Wii game flag remover, didn't notice he said GeckoOS in the first post. Yeah no use for it...
*walks away in shame*

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kekkon said:
*facepalms* Ahh, this was the regular Wii game flag remover, didn't notice he said GeckoOS in the first post. Yeah no use for it...
*walks away in shame*
lulz
tongue.gif
quote from the cheif "don wry iz k"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-