No Copy Flag doesn't work...sorta

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiiluver135, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008
  1. wiiluver135
    OP

Member wiiluver135 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok so here's our problem, I have successfully copied over "My Pokemon Ranch" to my SD card along with it's save file but when I do the same method (load up HBC, load up geckoos17b, yes on Remove Copy Flag, press B, goto wii setting, data management, copy channel...blah, blah ,blah) but when I tried doing this method on my friends Wii who wanted My Pokemon Ranch from me (he's cheap and has no wi-fi so he can't download it yet) it won't copy the channel over...it's say "This Channel (or file i forget) cannot be copied t this wii system (or something) so I tried it with the internet channel, same problem it seems he'll have to actually buy the game...or is there gonna have to be another update so we can do this or is there ANY other method of copying VC/Wiiware games to another wii or newly formatted wii?

2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    You can't copy channels from one Wii to another. They are signed with your wiis key. Removing the no copy flag only lets you copy saves you normalle couldn't.

3. wiiluver135
    OP

United States
    so lets say that if I somehow semi-bricked my wii and decided to format my wii, would it let me copy the channels to the same wii?

4. Kekkon

Member Kekkon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can you give me a link to the program/app/ whatever that's used to remove the flag? we could use it in the MM9 DLC topic.

5. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    ah come on. You'll be able to find GeckOS. If not, get off of the internet, you pbviously can't use it. [​IMG]

6. Kekkon

Member Kekkon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    *facepalms* Ahh, this was the regular Wii game flag remover, didn't notice he said GeckoOS in the first post. Yeah no use for it...
    *walks away in shame*

7. wiiluver135
    OP

United States
    lulz [​IMG] quote from the cheif "don wry iz k"