Hacking No CFW option on Hekate

marcuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I was following the guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/index and i got to this point:
Launching Atmosphere CFW
To launch Atmosphere:

1. Enter RCM on your Switch
  2. Push the Hekate payload to your Switch
  3. Tap ‘Launch > CFW’
Hekate will now boot Atmosphere. Note that Atmosphere CFW does not look fundamentaly different to the normal Switch operating system. You can verify you are in Atmosphere by trying to load the Homebrew Menu (see below) or checking if the system version string in System Settings contains (AMS x.x.x).

The problem is, there is no "CFW" option. When I click on Launch I can go to Payloads... and More configs... but there is no CFW. I may have done something wrong while following the guide (I'm a noob at this). I think it could be that while in https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch I didnt download the basic Atmosphere files, but i downloaded them later and they are now on the sd folder.

Edit: ok I just moved the files inside sd to the root of the SD and now it works. Nice.

Last edited by marcuis,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Nice to see that you figured it out on your own
Indeed there isn't much difference between the Hekate version of atmosphere and the stock one that boots with the help of fusee_primary(save for some extra addons that come along with the kosmos bundle)
The OG stock version of atmosphere is intended for those more acquainted with the homebrew scene and who perhaps may not wish to add the additional signature patches (ES/FS and ACID), whereas the kosmos bundle is more targeted at the average joe who hasn't got the faintest on and simply wants a quick way to put CFW on their switch.
with that being said, it's subjective and not always the case.

RedLuigi7890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do the same thing, but it did not work! I downloaded the latest version of Atmosphere, moved all the downloaded files, but it still did not show a CFW option!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do the same thing, but it did not work! I downloaded the latest version of Atmosphere, moved all the downloaded files, but it still did not show a CFW option!
Atmosphere doesn't come with Hekate. Hekate is just a bootloader. You have to manually make the CFW option in the hekate_ipl.ini file

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also create a config in the hekate_ipl.ini file that Draxzelex mentioned to allow you to easier boot CFW.

Something like

[Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: