Hacking No box covers for retro consoles/handhelds in WiiFlow Lite 5.4.8

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TheCookieAddict see my edit above for more info about Create Cache.
with WF 4.1.2 you couldn't use the things like the RS theme and the database with snapshots and carts. They add some extra eye candy, but take away some memory and the Wii has not a huge one.

Reactions: TheCookieAddict

TheCookieAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried switching to Rhapsodii to see what would happen and what do you know; all my ROMs showed up with their covers (except my NES roms for some weird reason). So it definitely has something to do with RS and a lack of cache. Will try to see what happens when I delete the cache folders on my HDD and run Create Cache as I already have .wfc files for all my covers right now.

TheCookieAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Create Cache just finished converting all the box cover folders but but unfortunately I got the exact same results as before. I think I'm sadly just forced to use regular Rhapsodii if I want to view all my ROM collections with the box covers if there's nothing else I can try to fix the issues. :(

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regular Rhapsodii is lighter than Rhapsodii Shima, so yes it's definitely possible that you get more covers cached with it.
What I find very weird is that you previously said you had the same issue even with the default theme.

TheCookieAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Regular Rhapsodii is lighter than Rhapsodii Shima, so yes it's definitely possible that you get more covers cached with it.
What I find very weird is that you previously said you had the same issue even with the default theme.

Just tried using the default theme and it gives me the same results as using Rhapsodii so my settings were probably just messed up before. In the default/Rhapsodii themes the box covers of some games are vertical instead of horizontal, is there an easy way to fix this?

TheCookieAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally fixed the issue!

It turned out a lot of the sources weren't linked to the right plugins after all. After selecting the right one in RS all the games showed up (even when they were previously missing) with their box covers already there. Can't believe I didn't think of trying that before but I guess better late than never right? Just proves that sometimes the solution to a problem is a lot easier than you might think!

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent helping me. :)

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Little update; I managed to get all 300+ N64 ROMs to show with all their covers so that's nice. But reloading the cache when viewing my 600+ SNES ROMs just gives me the old fast converting error. I will try to see if it will work with a smaller amount of ROMs if there's no other way to fix the issue. My Gamecube collection works fine with 500+ games tho.

For some weird reason I now cannot get WFL to show me my NES ROM collection even though they're on the same HDD as all my other ROMs. I even checked the fceugx.ini file from the plugins folder but, as far as I can tell, everything looks as it should. It just gives "Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any games. Click install to install games or Select partition to select your partition type. usb1:/fceugx/roms" message no matter what I try...
Hello can I please ask what folder you put your N64 folders in please.
I can't get any to display.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox