Ads85uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've been trying to do this for about 3 days now and having watched various videos and read lots of posts i still can't figure out how to get my boxcovers for md games to show up on WiiFlow. I have downloaded and used 'FuzzyRename' to make sure all my png's match the ROM names. I have added a boxcover folder matching the path in the genplus_gx_retro_md.ini file. I've added the same png's tothe snap/md folder but it just will not load the boxcovers. Any advice would be great.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably already know this but I'll just double check: the boxcover filename must be [exactromfilename.ext].png, e.g., Alex Kidd in Miracle World (UE) (V1.1) [!].zip.png

Are you sure you're using genplus_gx_retro_md as your plugin? My (older version of the plugin pack) setup has several different genplus inis, potentially pointing to different folders.

Ads85uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Exidous please see my current set up:

1691055114811.png

1691055158204.png

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to unhide known file extensions in windows explorer so you can see what you're doing.

The full filename of your first game appears to be

3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA).md

In order to be recognized as its boxcover, that corresponding image file must therefore be named

3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA).md.png

And placed in the correct boxcovers folder for the Wiiflow plugin that is using it, as specified in the plugin ini.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly what Exidous said for file renaming and covers path (unless you changed it in the .ini file).
Also, the covers in your folder are not for Wiiflow.
What you need are full covers, you'll find them in mastershoes cover collection thread, which is stickied.
You may also need to delete the cached .wfc files in the wiiflow/cache folder and reload cache in wiiflow pressing the home button

Edit:
This thread here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

Download the set of your choice, but it's important that you use a Shrunken Spine set, do not use Standard Spine.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto