Pizzakoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I have an o3ds running a9lh (through the plialect guide) and a new 3ds xl running the latest regular firmware with fieldrunners installed.
I bought the new one cause I wanted to be sure nintendo wouldn't blacklist my nnid, but since that isn't a thing, more or less, I decided to transfer my cfw to my new 3ds and use it on both systems.

My target system has all the save games I want to keep, and also my nnid. Will I be able to keep all of this when transferring?

I also have cubic ninja if that could come in handy.

Thanks in advance!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have an o3ds running a9lh (through the plialect guide) and a new 3ds xl running the latest regular firmware with fieldrunners installed.
I bought the new one cause I wanted to be sure nintendo wouldn't blacklist my nnid, but since that isn't a thing, more or less, I decided to transfer my cfw to my new 3ds and use it on both systems.

My target system has all the save games I want to keep, and also my nnid. Will I be able to keep all of this when transferring?

I also have cubic ninja if that could come in handy.

Thanks in advance!
You can't use your NNID on both systems. After the transfer, assuming you restore the NAND backup from prior to the system transfer, the source console will have problems with online services. And if you enter the eShop then all the games belonging to that NNID will no longer show up on the home menu. You will have to format, erasing the data, and make a new NNID on the source.

Also, the data on the target will be wiped before you do the system transfer since you have to format the console. So you'll lose all your saves etc.

Also, if you want to get CFW on the target you should buy Fieldrunners on the source and load the hacked save before you do the system transfer. Otherwise you'll just have all your old data on an unhacked console which isn't much fun.

Pizzakoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the new 3ds has all the saves from before I even had cfw (it has been on my old 3ds before that, with a system transfer)
It also has my nintendo ID,
the old system (with the cfw) does not have a nnid yet.
I also intent to only play online on one device, being my new 3ds.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, the new 3ds has all the saves from before I even had cfw (it has been on my old 3ds before that, with a system transfer)
It also has my nintendo ID,
the old system (with the cfw) does not have a nnid yet.
I also intent to only play online on one device, being my new 3ds.
If you don't mind losing your data like Mii Plaza, Activity Log, friend code etc then back up all your saves using homebrew (JKSM) and transfer the old 3DS to it. After installing a9lh, format it and sign back in with your NNID. Then you'll get all your paid for games back. And you can restore the save games with JKSM.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If i nand backup the source 3ds, then sysformat it i keep the a9hl right?
so then i can do the dsi downgrade and restor the nand backup wouldnt that work?is there a way to keep files it (has pre installed games) on the target 3ds? cant i do something if i use oot3dshax on the target first(target is on 11.1)

edit: if i use oot3dshax to extrakt the saves, do the dsi hacking systransfer and than format the target 3ds again and login with the NNID i get the paid games back and can reflash the saves right?

Last edited by Dan-the-Rebirth,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle