Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am absolutely positive that someone else had this exact issue with a GameCube controller. Does this happen in all games or only certain ones? Also what Nintendont version are you using? I think the issue was specific to Pokémon XD if I’m remembering correctly where the character would go opposite if the control stick was pushed to max. I believe it was eventually fixed.
yeah that issues happened on pokemon XD and colosseum and it was fixed for a very long time, it also happened on all controllers and not just wiiugc adapter even bt controllers, it was a game bug.

But i never heard of this issues on any other game tbh and even those games were fixed like years ago, unless he has an extremely outdated nintendont and its using those 2 games.

Talamatross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that issues happened on pokemon XD and colosseum and it was fixed for a very long time, it also happened on all controllers and not just wiiugc adapter even bt controllers, it was a game bug.

But i never heard of this issues on any other game tbh and even those games were fixed like years ago, unless he has an extremely outdated nintendont and its using those 2 games.

I'm running version 6.492 which I believe is the latest version. This is a problem on all GC games I've tested MGS TTS, Doshin the Giant, and Zelda Collection all showing the same issue. My GC controller works flawlessly with my PC when used with the same adapters. You think this is a controller problem? Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm running version 6.492 which I believe is the latest version. This is a problem on all GC games I've tested MGS TTS, Doshin the Giant, and Zelda Collection all showing the same issue. My GC controller works flawlessly with my PC when used with the same adapters. You think this is a controller problem? Thanks.
for sure since everyone else running nintendont and wiiu gc adapter cant replicate this and noone of those games ever had that issue, im guessing something is very wrong with your gc controller imo, might work on pc because they probably ignore values over or under a certain amount while nintendont just gives every value to the games.

i would try getting another gc controller official one from wiiu smash or switch smash(wiiu one is overall a better product btw).

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you possibly attach photos of the front and back of the controller? Just want to verify some stuff.

Talamatross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you possibly attach photos of the front and back of the controller? Just want to verify some stuff.
It is a "refurbished" original GC controller according to the eBay seller. According to the seller "Thumb-stick and/or C-stick parts may have been replaced with new ones (3rd party) if original ones are damaged." Maybe that's the issue. I will need to order another GC controller to confirm.

Attachments

• image_67126017[1361].jpg
    image_67126017[1361].jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image_67150337[1362].jpg
    image_67150337[1362].jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 138

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is a "refurbished" original GC controller according to the eBay seller. According to the seller "Thumb-stick and/or C-stick parts may have been replaced with new ones (3rd party) if original ones are damaged." Maybe that's the issue. I will need to order another GC controller to confirm.
probably the issue right there, the stick has more range than a regular gc controller stick which nintendont probably badly interprets, since he replaced parts inside who knows what he put there.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the issue right there, the stick has more range than a regular gc controller stick which nintendont probably badly interprets, since he replaced parts inside who knows what he put there.
Fully agree that the replaced sticks may not be completely identical to the original ones and may produce values that Nintendont is not interpreting correctly.

Reactions: ca032769

Talamatross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fully agree that the replaced sticks may not be completely identical to the original ones and may produce values that Nintendont is not interpreting correctly.

Thanks so much for helping my dumbass. Got a new controller and everything is working flawlessly. Hopefully this thread will help others having similar issues. These refurbished GC controllers are fairly common on eBay. Thanks again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks so much for helping my dumbass. Got a new controller and everything is working flawlessly. Hopefully this thread will help others having similar issues. These refurbished GC controllers are fairly common on eBay. Thanks again.
being reburbished doesnt mean it wont work properly, if they put sticks with the same range as the original gc controller sticks then no problem, if they put sticks higher or lower then there is an issue, i bet even on real hardware would have issues.

ofcourse you tested it on an emulator im guessing dolphin and dolphin being an emulator just emulates everything and doesnt give games higher values than the gc stick values even if your controller can reproduce them.

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Is it possible to use the gyroscope of the Wii U gamepad to play certain games like Metroid Prime? Also, how do you change the inputs if you play with a Wii U gamepad? Metroid Prime feels weird af

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to use the gyroscope of the Wii U gamepad to play certain games like Metroid Prime? Also, how do you change the inputs if you play with a Wii U gamepad? Metroid Prime feels weird af
mo its not possible, you do know that nintendont plays Gamecube games right? they arent coded with gyros in mind at all... so nope. if you want to play metroid prime games with gyro stuff why not just play the wii version of metroid prime trilogy?

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like an odd question, but is there anyway to set your 'gamecube region' in Nintendon't?
Like just so the game sees your system as a specific region, I'm not referring to simulating a region lock

I'm sure this won't matter to like 99% of the people out there,
But I recently discovered that "Godzilla: Kaijuu Dairantou", (The japanese version of "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee") is built on top of the USA version in a weird way.

When booting the JP game on a USA gamecube, (with freeloader disc) the game actually reverts to the English version.
However, when booted via swiss, nintendon't, or an emulator, the region is properly set to JP and the game plays as normal.

If region setting is possible, I'd love to be able to toggle between the two versions of the game without having to Manually patch the disc's region code, or downloading the USA version.

In nintendon't I've tried the game language setting, as well as setting up a USA bios, but neither trick the game to think it's playing on a usa console.

(This is not a feature request, just a question)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like an odd question, but is there anyway to set your 'gamecube region' in Nintendon't?
Like just so the game sees your system as a specific region, I'm not referring to simulating a region lock

I'm sure this won't matter to like 99% of the people out there,
But I recently discovered that "Godzilla: Kaijuu Dairantou", (The japanese version of "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee") is built on top of the USA version in a weird way.

When booting the JP game on a USA gamecube, (with freeloader disc) the game actually reverts to the English version.
However, when booted via swiss, nintendon't, or an emulator, the region is properly set to JP and the game plays as normal.

If region setting is possible, I'd love to be able to toggle between the two versions of the game without having to Manually patch the disc's region code, or downloading the USA version.

In nintendon't I've tried the game language setting, as well as setting up a USA bios, but neither trick the game to think it's playing on a usa console.

(This is not a feature request, just a question)
Try https://github.com/Special-Niewbie/Nintendont-CrisMMMod#guide-how-to-personalize-your-nintendont and if it's loading USA instead of JP bios, just try renaming them.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for Nintendont to load an alternate main.dol than the one in the ISO file?

I'd like to patch some games' main.dol to try and disable the deflicker filter for some problematic games, eg. Starfox Adventures, hopefully without having to rebuild the entire image.

edit: as there are not many games to patch, it will probably suffice to rebuild the ISO, but still interested if Nintendont supports such a function as per USB Loader GX with Wii games "use alternate DOL".

Last edited by NoobletCheese,

HarryVoyager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess someone would have to add conditions so that anything higher than original hardware is ignored.

Do we have an idea of what those original values are? Original controllers in good condition are becoming quite hard to find. All I've been able to find are 3rd party clones. Feels like fixing the code would be easier than fighting with the hardware to get this working.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible for Nintendont to load an alternate main.dol than the one in the ISO file?

I'd like to patch some games' main.dol to try and disable the deflicker filter for some problematic games, eg. Starfox Adventures, hopefully without having to rebuild the entire image.

edit: as there are not many games to patch, it will probably suffice to rebuild the ISO, but still interested if Nintendont supports such a function as per USB Loader GX with Wii games "use alternate DOL".
you can disable deflicker when forcing nintendont veidomodes.

and no there is no way to make nintendont boot an alternate dol.

Reactions: NoobletCheese

HarryVoyager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being reburbished doesnt mean it wont work properly, if they put sticks with the same range as the original gc controller sticks then no problem, if they put sticks higher or lower then there is an issue, i bet even on real hardware would have issues.

ofcourse you tested it on an emulator im guessing dolphin and dolphin being an emulator just emulates everything and doesnt give games higher values than the gc stick values even if your controller can reproduce them.

I guess someone would have to add conditions so that anything higher than original hardware is ignored.

Do we have an idea of what those original values are? Original controllers in good condition are becoming quite hard to find. All I've been able to find are 3rd party clones. Feels like fixing the code would be easier than fighting with the hardware to get this working.

Ok, I had a disk copy of NASCAR Thunder 2003 handy and did some testing.

When loading the disk from the default Gamecube mode on my 1st Gen WII, with the controller directly plugged into the GCB port, the controller behaves normally.

When mounting the disk via USBLoaderGX, launching via Nintendont with Native Controller set to "OFF" I see the control stick flipping behavior.

When mounting the disk via USBLoaderGX, launching via Nintendont, with Native Controller set to "ON" the controller behaves correctly. I'm checking this with my other Gamecube games, and this seems to be consistent across them.

This appears to be a bug in Nintendont, that it cannot handle inputs out of the expected range, and wraps things. I'll figure out how to file it as an issue on the Git hub page, and (heaven help you all) may attempt to try to figure out how to patch it.

That may end in fire and death. Just warning you all. :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, I had a disk copy of NASCAR Thunder 2003 handy and did some testing.

When loading the disk from the default Gamecube mode on my 1st Gen WII, with the controller directly plugged into the GCB port, the controller behaves normally.

When mounting the disk via USBLoaderGX, launching via Nintendont with Native Controller set to "OFF" I see the control stick flipping behavior.

When mounting the disk via USBLoaderGX, launching via Nintendont, with Native Controller set to "ON" the controller behaves correctly. I'm checking this with my other Gamecube games, and this seems to be consistent across them.

This appears to be a bug in Nintendont, that it cannot handle inputs out of the expected range, and wraps things. I'll figure out how to file it as an issue on the Git hub page, and (heaven help you all) may attempt to try to figure out how to patch it.

That may end in fire and death. Just warning you all. :)
preety simple problem the wiiu gc adapter is an hid device and the stick ranges are codded in the ini, when pluggin controllers trough gc ports nintendont doesnt use the ini, obviously if you change the stick values it will affect every gc controller connected to the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay