Hacking Nintendont

steren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just wanted to say thanks to all who made this great app .. really enjoying gamecube games this week i have 56 atm .... all have been working perfectly except 1 ............. the game loads and runs perfectly .. but the controls on Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO (USA) are messed up ... which is bizarre to me since every other one has been perfect ........ anyone had this issue before .. and found a fix !? ...
In game, before selecting a team, choose AC-ism as groove.

Last edited by steren,
Reactions: SuperDan

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
are you using a wiiu vc inject or using vwii itself? what version of nintendont are you using? say the actual number.

are you wiimotes fake/third party?

I'm using all genuine controllers and the latest version of Nintendont with vWii.

I have some wiiu vc inject games, but im using nintendont in vwii with homebrew launcher

Shrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton to everyone involved with this project. A couple of small questions/requests.

Is it possible to skip the SD/USB prompt if USB is not detected? I have everything loaded on SD.

Can GameCube analog navigation be added for the game selection screen? The dpad is pretty bad. This is minor.

Thanks!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton to everyone involved with this project. A couple of small questions/requests.

Is it possible to skip the SD/USB prompt if USB is not detected? I have everything loaded on SD.

Can GameCube analog navigation be added for the game selection screen? The dpad is pretty bad. This is minor.

Thanks!
Nintendont has always had issues with scrolling through the game list. It only affects some of us but not others.

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
take a picture of your nintendont settings.~on vwii if you can.

Thank you for your help.
I'm pulling my hair out here, ive tried different roms, different hdd, tried thru a loader (but I figured I should be able to make it work directly in nintendont first). Also fiddled with all the settings multiple times.
My WiiU has had issues, as in the HDMI port stopped working so i have to use the component cables, but i doubt that will affect this?? And its very frustrating because ALL of my controllers work in the nintendont menu, including the gamecube ones with mayflash adapter. So it should just work when i load the game, but it doesn't :'(

Also some more information -

I dont run any CFW other than Mochi (but i dont run Mochi prior to launching vwii since there is no need for CFW for Nintendont? right?)
I am on 5.5.1
I used the tutorial for hacking the vwii that is sticked on these forums [The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!], so i installed the recommended CIOS files. [d2xv10-beta52-vWii].
Also have installed the Modified IOS 236 as per the tutorial
I tested with Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 4.
The games dont boot at all thru the USB Loader (USB Loader GX, could be a settings thing i didnt spend too much time) but they do atleast boot thru Nintendont via the HBL.
I am using a usb thumb drive, since i dont have any hdd's spare right now, ive tested with two different models/brands.

If i can provide any more information for someone to help me let me know!

Attachments

• nintendont.jpg
    nintendont.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 353
Last edited by Akumara,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could very easily be the flash drives as they are flaky on the Wii/Wii U. You could try an SD card. Also you should verify the MD5 hashes match the ones listed on redump.org.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your help.
I'm pulling my hair out here, ive tried different roms, different hdd, tried thru a loader (but I figured I should be able to make it work directly in nintendont first). Also fiddled with all the settings multiple times.
My WiiU has had issues, as in the HDMI port stopped working so i have to use the component cables, but i doubt that will affect this?? And its very frustrating because ALL of my controllers work in the nintendont menu, including the gamecube ones with mayflash adapter. So it should just work when i load the game, but it doesn't :'(

Also some more information -

I dont run any CFW other than Mochi (but i dont run Mochi prior to launching vwii since there is no need for CFW for Nintendont? right?)
I am on 5.5.1
I used the tutorial for hacking the vwii that is sticked on these forums [The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!], so i installed the recommended CIOS files. [d2xv10-beta52-vWii].
Also have installed the Modified IOS 236 as per the tutorial
I tested with Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 4.
The games dont boot at all thru the USB Loader (USB Loader GX, could be a settings thing i didnt spend too much time) but they do atleast boot thru Nintendont via the HBL.
I am using a usb thumb drive, since i dont have any hdd's spare right now, ive tested with two different models/brands.

If i can provide any more information for someone to help me let me know!
you have native control set to on on the settings... wich makes any controller not read in game...urn that off you must have turned that on on usbloader or on the actual wii since native only works on original wiis, if you ant turn it off because its locked just delete your config file on usb and sd wherever it is and make a new one without turning it on.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have native control set to on on the settings... wich makes any controller not read in game...urn that off you must have turned that on on usbloader or on the actual wii since native only works on original wiis, if you ant turn it off because its locked just delete your config file on usb and sd wherever it is and make a new one without turning it on.
Didn't even see that on. I don't know why no one has made Nintendont automatically turn it off when it detects a Wii U. Hey @FIX94, calling you.

EDIT: Fixed in latest version.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: bm123456

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I have found that the Nintendont version that we can found in the official FIX94 page: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont is not the latest one, since the .dol and the meta.xml file shows that it has the 4.431 instead of one I found in the Internet that is the 5.457.

Which is the actual final version then?

Best regards

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you will always find the latest version here >> https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/tree/master/loader/loader.dol
it's even written in the quick installation guide :

Quick Installation:
  1. Get the loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and put it in /apps/Nintendont/ along with the files meta.xml and icon.png.
  2. Copy your GameCube games to the /games/ directory. Subdirectories are optional for 1-disc games in ISO/GCM and CISO format.
    • For 2-disc games, you should create a subdirectory /games/MYGAME/ (where MYGAME can be anything), then name disc 1 as "game.iso" and disc 2 as "disc2.iso".
    • For extracted FST, the FST must be located in a subdirectory, e.g. /games/FSTgame/sys/boot.bin .
  3. Connect your storage device to your Wii or Wii U and start The Homebrew Channel.
  4. Select Nintendont.

ps : meta.xml is not updated everytime, the version inside this file is not important.

Last edited by Badablek,

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, so because it was blanked out, i assumed it knew it was a wiiu, and that the native control setting was just there as placeholder because it cannot be used for wii u.
I cant believe that is all it was...i swear i tried to change that setting earlier.

Anyway, seems my gamecube controller is now working!
thanks so much.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can see all commits here : https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commits/master

Changelog of the latest release :
added force progressive fix for Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO NTSC-J

and by reading NintendontVersion.h, you can find the version of the loader.

In the latest commit :

#define NIN_MAJOR_VERSION 5
-#define NIN_MINOR_VERSION 481
+#define NIN_MINOR_VERSION 482

So this is actually version 5.482

;)

Last edited by Badablek,

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This isnt directly related with Nintendont, but is there any way to have the Wii harddrive and the WiiU harddrive in the WiiU at the same time without any issues? Most of the posts i read about this are quite old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8