Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
I was trying to play same gamecube games with cfg70r78.11 on my wiiu, but I run into the following error:
"error the drive or partition usb:/ is not connected"
The external HDD is NTFS formatted and there is only one partiotion on the drive. The iso file is in the games folder, in a folder with its title, renamed to game.iso and cfg70r78.11 can recognize it fine.
I chose Nintendont in cfg70r78.11 as boot method. Nintendont is located at SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
Wii games are loading fine.
Any idea how I could solve this issue?
Your issue is ntfs format , nintendont is only compatible with fat32 or exfat.

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no that is only for hid controller on nintendont, wiiu gamepad is not an hid controller at all so the only way to change the buttons is press minus to rotste the 4 buttons once or recompile nintendont again.

hid2vpad does no weork on wiivc stuff since they run on vwii not wiiu so hid to vpad is wiped out when running.

Well crap. I don't know how to compile things. Thanks for educating me, though.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If its oficial yes, fake ones might work or not.

I can confirm that....I have tested the following in my PAL Wii U, for Nintendont, USB Loader GX and GX's Emulators (SNES, GBA, NES...):

Regards

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that....I have tested the following in my PAL Wii U, for Nintendont, USB Loader GX and GX's Emulators (SNES, GBA, NES...):

Regards
I am assuming you meant NTSC. The controllers as far as I know are not region specific. I have 2 Nintendo made Wii U Pro controllers and they both work fine in Nintendont. Bought one from GameStop and the other from eBay.

Jakob99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, when you update Nintendon't from the app and press the home button to restart, it throws an exception (DSI) error, and second, everytime I complete the destroy the black sedans mission in Simpsons Hit and Run, the game freezes up when I try to save. I'm gonna try updating Nintendon't manually and see if that fixes the problem. I'll report back my results soon (and yes, I'm capable of posting on other days. Yesterday was a coincident)

EDIT: I updated Nintendon't manually and completed the destroy the black sedans mission in World three in Hit and Run and I was able to save the game, so that works. Still is worth checking out why Nintendon't throws an Exception (DSI) error when you try to restart Nintendon't after auto updating from the app unless that's been fixed in version 5?

Last edited by Jakob99,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First off, when you update Nintendon't from the app and press the home button to restart, it throws an exception (DSI) error, and second, everytime I complete the destroy the black sedans mission in Simpsons Hit and Run, the game freezes up when I try to save. I'm gonna try updating Nintendon't manually and see if that fixes the problem. I'll report back my results soon (and yes, I'm capable of posting on other days. Yesterday was a coincident)

EDIT: I updated Nintendon't manually and completed the destroy the black sedans mission in World three in Hit and Run and I was able to save the game, so that works. Still is worth checking out why Nintendon't throws an Exception (DSI) error when you try to restart Nintendon't after auto updating from the app unless that's been fixed in version 5?
that was a very old bug fixed ages ago, what version were you runing?

Jakob99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was a very old bug fixed ages ago, what version were you runing?

I think the build was 4.45.something. The build date was October 16th or 22nd 2016 (it was built in October of 2016, that much I remember). I have since upgraded to the March 18th 2018 build, which is 5.483 and reported the bug here in case they weren't aware of it. Anywho, the issue is fixed on my end. I feel stupid for reporting that but just one of those h=that I did not know if they knew about the bug or not. Better to be safe than sorry.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the build was 4.45.something. The build date was October 16th or 22nd 2016 (it was built in October of 2016, that much I remember). I have since upgraded to the March 18th 2018 build, which is 5.483 and reported the bug here in case they weren't aware of it. Anywho, the issue is fixed on my end. I feel stupid for reporting that but just one of those h=that I did not know if they knew about the bug or not. Better to be safe than sorry.
you should only report any errors after you make sure you are on latest version.

akatoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility of having some kind of home menu added? I inject my GC games to my Wii U home screen, and its slightly annoying that the home button just resets the WiiU.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Baten Kaitos Origins keeps freezing for me durring battles in on Wii also, using the latest nintendont build btw. Is there anyway to fix this?
probably had old nintendont, bad iso or bad forced settings.

first take a picture of your nintendont settings, second check your iso md5.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Baten Kaitos Origins keeps freezing for me durring battles in on Wii also, using the latest nintendont build btw. Is there anyway to fix this?
Just tested a battle in Emperor's Residence on Wii U Wii VC and it works fine, any specific battle you get that freezing?

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably had old nintendont, bad iso or bad forced settings.

first take a picture of your nintendont settings, second check your iso md5.

I've used differant builds of nintendont including the lastest one. The only differance is I'm using an iso that was undubbed (swaped english audio for japanese) that was confirmed working by many other(I'm guessing through Dolphin Emulator) but I've never had problems playing undubbed iso's on nintendont before until this game so I guess its most likely that.

Just tested a battle in Emperor's Residence on Wii U Wii VC and it works fine, any specific battle you get that freezing?

Basically the very first battle in the game, after I use a certain card, right when I'm about to go for the attack the game just freezes but like I mentioned earlier its probably the undubbed iso.

Darkworld92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if this USB Gamecube controller works on Nintendont?

joystick-nintendo-gamecube-usb-x-1-raspberry-pc-D_NQ_NP_768521-MLA26628450695_012018-O.webp

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've used differant builds of nintendont including the lastest one. The only differance is I'm using an iso that was undubbed (swaped english audio for japanese) that was confirmed working by many other(I'm guessing through Dolphin Emulator) but I've never had problems playing undubbed iso's on nintendont before until this game so I guess its most likely that.

Basically the very first battle in the game, after I use a certain card, right when I'm about to go for the attack the game just freezes but like I mentioned earlier its probably the undubbed iso.
then that is your issue, dolphin is an emulator, nintendont isnt, and previosly someone complained they tryed undubbed baiten kaitos and didnt work on nintendont, they got the regular usa version and it worked perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1