Hacking Nintendont

col2k3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok found out the Wiiu USB helper version can't be manually updated. Used the forwarder posted several pages ago, manually updated with the latest night build (placing the files in folder will work with the forwarder) and all issues have now been fixed (except obviously rumble for the gamepad).

Widescreen works flawlessly now.

Every game I tried works without issues.

Tried Mario Sunshine cheat code to invert C-stick horizontally and worked without issues as well.

Did encounter some issues while loading a cheat for invert c-stick controls for Luigi's mansion. The game won't load when trying to use it. (works fine without it).
Does anyone have a working cheat code to invert c-stick Y-axis on Luigi's mansion? This is the one I'm using obviously converted to .cgt

1. Luigi's Mansion [NTSC-U] - Invert C-Stick Y-axis (Flashlight control)
Regular Flashlight/Poltergust Control (C-Stick) [Ralf]
C2080A34 00000002
C3C40058 FFC0F050
60000000 00000000

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 concerning forwarder you will add to WiiU USB Helper, I must confess I prefer images from your Nintendont version (for icon and bootdrc) but ploggy's boutsound (GameCube boot) is really cool! Any chance you add it to your forwarder please?
Yeah it does sound better with the GameCube jingle :)
I have updated both versions of Nintendont to add it (Although if you have installed an earlier version of the channel you might not see the changes immediately as I believe the content is cached by the WiiU)

Reactions: Kleyon

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna update just yet until the WiiU version is fixed, but can anyone share a WiiU Channel Loader if there is one available already? And thanks!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have updated both versions of Nintendont to add it (Although if you have installed an earlier version of the channel you might not see the changes immediately as I believe the content is cached by the WiiU)
IIRC you can change the bootTV and bootDrc TGA files after the Wii VC has been installed by using FTPii U Everywhere. Should work as I remember you can do this for Haxchi and the TGA images are not checked on boot for installed titles, only the "Nintendo" logo one does. The boot sound can be changed as well without problems.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I already uninstalled version including Nintendont before installing ploggy's forwarder. I will just switch to your forwarder by now and follow Nintendont fixes/updates. Thanks!

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
IIRC you can change the bootTV and bootDrc TGA files after the Wii VC has been installed by using FTPii U Everywhere. Should work as I remember you can do this for Haxchi and the TGA images are not checked on boot for installed titles, only the "Nintendo" logo one does. The boot sound can be changed as well without problems.
Well I don't want to get too much out of topic but I did have trouble when trying to install the channel with the modified boot sound over the old one. It wouldn't install if the bootsound wasn't the same exact size as the old one. And then, even if it did install, the boot sound was still the old one. I had to delete the channel and install it again for the changes to take effect.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
more sounds and tgas here too

https://gbatemp.net/threads/banners-icon-templates-for-wii-vc.483080/page-12#post-7578868

Well I don't want to get too much out of topic but I did have trouble when trying to install the channel with the modified boot sound over the old one. It wouldn't install if the bootsound wasn't the same exact size as the old one. And then, even if it did install, the boot sound was still the old one. I had to delete the channel and install it again for the changes to take effect.

yeah i cant ever overwrite .nfs kind of games ... always delete and re-install

Last edited by markehmus,

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so its linked to nincfg.bin created on root of SD and/or saves folder for memcard emulation. Deleted both and I have Nintendont interface back!

Seems like I was wrong, bug concerning Nintendont interface seems to be completely randomized. Sometimes it just pop up properly and sometimes it generate a black screen with artefacts. Pressing A many times finally launch first game on list but that's all it is possible to do in that situation.

Last edited by Kleyon,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the people that had trouble with the previous build getting stuck on wii/vwii, does this build make any difference and if not, where does it get stuck?
https://mega.nz/#!BwxEAYTD!xx5-nsvX46Riaxgwx53aXnwoH9tt6je-jfpF_t3Ieto

Alright, I came here instead of the other thread since, you know.. this is Nintendont specific issue, anyways, the second one you sent me gets stuck on Loading Nintendont Kernel... D: (and once again WORKS normally on the Forwarder )

the two files you sent me gets stuck with the same message.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the thing about that is that it starts differently to a real wii/vwii, the sad thing is on my wii and on both wii and wiiu of @pedro702 who tests most of my builds everything works fine so yea, what else could be going on...

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing about that is that it starts differently to a real wii/vwii, the sad thing is on my wii and on both wii and wiiu of @pedro702 who tests most of my builds everything works fine so yea, what else could be going on...
Let me test that on my regular Wii.

Yep, stuck on regular Wii too.

Attachments

• 1505690779649824920774.jpg
    1505690779649824920774.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 173
Last edited by huma_dawii,

AidanButt22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also using the latest version, freezes on "Initializing Nintendont". Can anyone supply an older version of Nintendont?
@FIX94 That version freezes on "Initializing Nintendont Kernel...", I am running on a Wii 4.3U
Can someone supply a link to an older version? I can't find any mirrors anywhere...

monta990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am also using the latest version, freezes on "Initializing Nintendont". Can anyone supply an older version of Nintendont?
@FIX94 That version freezes on "Initializing Nintendont Kernel...", I am running on a Wii 4.3U
Can someone supply a link to an older version? I can't find any mirrors anywhere...

this is the version 451, the last stable (not works with fowarder and gamepad)
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/a960793ce4b61fbe90fc92b8acf9271d2689f99f/loader/loader.dol

remember navegate on the commits to see old versions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let me test that on my regular Wii.

Yep, stuck on regular Wii too.

hi, how do you take this version (456)?, the last on github is 455

Last edited by monta990,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer