Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't know what's a self powered hdd, but even so I'm almost sure mine is usb powered
self powered means it has its own power cord to connect to the wall/outlet, the wiiu hdds either require a y cable or a self powered one becuase wiiu usb power is crap nintendo made an error on the voltage output from usb doors on wiiu thats why i have a selfpowered hdd becuase wiiu and i prefer self powered to y cable :P, but on a wii you dont have any problems with the power from a single usb door.

RFVasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
self powered means it has its own power cord to connect to the wall/outlet, the wiiu hdds either require a y cable or a self powered one becuase wiiu usb power is crap nintendo made an error on the voltage output from usb doors on wiiu thats why i have a selfpowered hdd becuase wiiu and i prefer self powered to y cable :P, but on a wii you dont have any problems with the power from a single usb door.

Oh, got it. Then mine's usb powered for sure. Glad to know it's easier. haha (:

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you for the information. I will update the lists accordingly.

Hmm... Is there a feasible alternative then?
It appears that Swiss' widescreen patches has non-stretched sprites and text.
Reference: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-1275#post-5375062
Speaking of which, I'm sorry if this seems like pestering, but @FIX94 might want to take at the source for Swiss before the Google Code shutdown, if he hasn't already: https://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/source/browse/

Nah, I meant a setting like Wii U widescreen that switches from 4:3 to 16:11.2. GC and Nintendont render games in 16:11.2. This was because CRT TVs stretch the image so it would look correct afterwards.

Yeah, Idk. I'm writing down other people's wishes too. Someone wanted wired Xbox 360 controller support and another person wanted Dualshock 2.

I added the question mark because I'd like to see an alternative if it couldn't be done. I'll fix it so it's better. :P

Neat, thanks for the quick lesson!

Isn't the Swiss 16:9 method applied on 'Devolution' where you can change from a 4:3 aspect ratio to a 16:9 aspect ratio & vice versa on the fly by pressing a button combination in any game? I believe it was (-) + (Left-Dpad) on the Wiimote. If so, that would be a fantastic feature for Nintendon't...or something along those lines.

Reactions: Margen67

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't, why else would FIX94 have had to implement all of those timer fixes if Nintendont slowed down the CPU/GPU speeds?

That's what the timer fixes do... they delay the code execution to make it take the same time that it did on the older Gamecube processor. That is the point I was trying to make. There isn't a "Gamecube mode" that the console gets set to for compatibility.

I didn't mean there was a CPU setting to "set clock to X speed."

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There isn't a "Gamecube mode" that the console gets set to for compatibility.
seriously guys I have the feeling people in this forum get noobier every day. there IS an actual GC Mode which is some sort of processor flag added by nintendo, that flag sets the processor into GC mode, meaning the processor underclocks itself and basically redirects all devices to the original location thus perfectly emulating the illusion of it being a real GC. Nintendont does NOT touch the processor in one bit. ALSO, we do NOT delay any code execution, I do actually modify the ingame code so the game has a proper perspective of time, alot of games did calculate its time by checking how many ticks the processor already did using various reference variables the games decided to use. I analyzed game code over all these months to gradually modify their reference variables to be accurate to the wii processor ticks time so now all games again know the proper times.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How DARE you, guys, not know that stuff Fix94 just mentioned? Shame on you, you should know better that.... and... which is why I feel ashamed of even knowing you guys, seriously, GC mode, what a joke.
It's not that Fix expects them to know everything he explained. He wants them to stop acting like they know stuff when they really don't know sh*t and it's the exact opposite. It may make you look intelligent at first, guys, but it just makes you look like a bunch of fools in the end.

Last edited by Troopage,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
update nintendont and/or update USBLoaderGX.

Latest version of USBLoaderGX available from the internal update (r1239) will work with all nintendont version.
There's also a newer revision available (r1246) located in my signature, but you need to copy the file manually if you want that version.

USBLoaderGX can't update nintendont anymore, since it's hosted on a SSL server and I didn't add SSL compatibility yet.
Update nintendont manually, or from the nintendont own update menu.

Reactions: Bryon15

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That's what the timer fixes do... they delay the code execution to make it take the same time that it did on the older Gamecube processor. That is the point I was trying to make. There isn't a "Gamecube mode" that the console gets set to for compatibility.

I didn't mean there was a CPU setting to "set clock to X speed."
Hey, kinda off-topic:
Have you had the chance to work on that "Wii Back-up Manager" like for GCN games?
Is the original WBM open source? If so, wouldn't it be possible to recompile it adding GCN functionality?

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Question, is it possible to have Nintendont/nintendont fork, to launch Wii games so one could use the controller support of nintendont? (like using an Wii u controller to be emulated as an classic controller or as an sideways wii remote.)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

MSR914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I already have the xml file...is that the one that is supposed to be in the nintendont folder? Or do I need anther one? Thanks

Another question I have is I have the nintendont file on my ad card and my games folder in a usb, however I can't find how to access the usb through the wii

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
now when i try to load the app it says "faild to load kernel from NAND"
if you read the troubleshooting on the first page

Kernel failed to load NAND
This is probably an issue with your IOS58 too. you currently have either a bad or a patched version.
Follow the same procedure than the previous IOS58 question/answer just above.
DO NOT REINSTALL OR MODIFY YOUR IOS IF YOU ARE ON WiiU!

Valkerion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate when people say newest and latest version, just say the version number even the last page someone has having issues becuase he said he had the latest version but he didnt he had the latest one from google code not from when it passed to github the latest is 344 check your number on top of nintendont, Also check to see if you have a good dump(md5 checked) and what forced settings you are using.

Calm down, I was asking in the general sense if there has been a known update/version release that killed the compatibility of this game. Not that big of a deal. I know about that other stuff hence why I did not include it. And no forced settings, yes its a clean version, and of course its 344. It was a yes or not question is all.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, kinda off-topic:
Have you had the chance to work on that "Wii Back-up Manager" like for GCN games?
Is the original WBM open source? If so, wouldn't it be possible to recompile it adding GCN functionality?

It should be done in a week or two... And no, I've never found any source code for Wii Backup Manager. I will probably start adding Wii title support to the tool after I've released it with GC support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How DARE you, guys, not know that stuff Fix94 just mentioned? Shame on you, you should know better that.... and... which is why I feel ashamed of even knowing you guys, seriously, GC mode, what a joke.

I know, right? I feel foolish for not having read the code documentation... oh, wait...

Reactions: sideskroll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....