Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since FIX94 is looking at games again I want to bring attention to Fire Emblem. The game has worked since very early revisions but has like an 80% chance to crash when loading any chapter past chapter 1.

Edit: Also does anyone find it strange that Sunshine has worked since r1 yet it freezes on that demo disc?

pacsniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since FIX94 is looking at games again I want to bring attention to Fire Emblem. The game has worked since very early revisions but has like an 80% chance to crash when loading any chapter past chapter 1.

Edit: Also does anyone find it strange that Sunshine has worked since r1 yet it freezes on that demo disc?

I too would like to see if Fire Emblem can get a fix if possible. My saves get deleted sometimes and I have to restart the chapter because of it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

sunshine has an expection thing, so the demo part of sunshine would need the exception too, and fire emblem might need some arstartdma exception aswhell.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sunshine has an expection thing, so the demo part of sunshine would need the exception too, and fire emblem might need some arstartdma exception aswhell.

most issues atm are either broken ISO files or ARStartDMA I agree, you guys just need todo some testing. Also super mario sunshine for example is right on this exception list, adding the demo to it probably would fix it. I cant do a whole lot about having these exception list, its needed because not every game uses ARStartDMA the exact same way and since the audio memory is just emulated because it doesnt exist anymore its not copying the data the exact same way, I needed to come up with certain similar workarounds which I cant know if they are needed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
most issues atm are either broken ISO files or ARStartDMA I agree, you guys just need todo some testing. Also super mario sunshine for example is right on this exception list, adding the demo to it probably would fix it. I cant do a whole lot about having these exception list, its needed because not every game uses ARStartDMA the exact same way and since the audio memory is just emulated because it doesnt exist anymore its not copying the data the exact same way, I needed to come up with certain similar workarounds which I cant know if they are needed.
yes so im linking a 331 dol with fire emblem added to the nfs2 exception to anyone that ever experienced the crashes before try this exception list and try to pass several chapters to see if the crash still happens, i suck at fire emblem so i cant just pass multiple chapters.

Attachments

• boot.rar
    803.2 KB · Views: 157

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if I remember there are a couple of games that black screen on real memory card, also Midway Arcade Treasures 2 still has a noise at the start, just a couple of random issues from my end, I won't mention the forbidden "S" games though, don't worry!

Reactions: bm123456

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yea its been a problem from a while back .their was smash bro's and wind waker. both games worked fine but one region of the games had longer loading times. i was just curiouse if it had been sorted out?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yea its been a problem from a while back .their was smash bro's and wind waker. both games worked fine but one region of the games had longer loading times. i was just curiouse if it had been sorted out?
well the games load what they load, if the loading times were like 1 second bigger its becuase the game needed that extra second, i never noticed any diferences but im not a people that gets the same game for multiple regions and compare the ms it takes to load on each one lol

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
everytime i walk into or out of a room on zelda it takes a good 5 seconds or so to load which ive played it many times and i even played the other region of the game without this issue. so i was just curiouse if it was resolved it not a problem as i can just use the other region of the game lol

and i dont sit and compare them i originally got the game thats takes ages to load so i wanted to know why and then i was told by fix that the other region version should load fine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
everytime i walk into or out of a room on zelda it takes a good 5 seconds or so to load which ive played it many times and i even played the other region of the game without this issue. so i was just curiouse if it was resolved it not a problem as i can just use the other region of the game lol
like i said there has been so manny changes i cant awnser for sure you need to test it yourself since nintendont suferend manny manny changes so try 331 its all i can say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....