Hacking Nintendont

Nemios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I registered just to point out a solution for a problem I think many had.
My USB HD, formatted FAT32, listed my games but Nintendont crashed every time in the phase "Checking FS" with the Error -13.
The partition (200GB) was formatted with the Allocation Unit Size of 32kb. I fixed the error formatting with an Allocation Unit Size of 4kb.

Hope this will be useful for developers and users!:)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I registered just to point out a solution for a problem I think many had.
My USB HD, formatted FAT32, listed my games but Nintendont crashed every time in the phase "Checking FS" with the Error -13.
The partition (200GB) was formatted with the Allocation Unit Size of 32kb. I fixed the error formatting with an Allocation Unit Size of 4kb.

Hope this will be useful for developers and users!:)
we need more info

nintendont version number you are using?(number on top when seeing the nintendont menu)
wii or wiiu?
Is your fat32 partition the first and primary partition?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we need more info

nintendont version number you are using?(number on top when seeing the nintendont menu)
wii or wiiu?

he doesnt have a problem anymore, he fixed it. Also I'm 100% sure the error was not the cluster size but the way you formatted it, error -13 just means the FAT32 partition before was not properly registered.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pacsniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, pedro702 meant primary and FIRST partition.

Edit: a few things need to be set correctly, you can find them of course on the first page, but here they are again.

for nintendont your USB device needs to be the FIRST partition and it has to be a PRIMARY partition.
It has to be formatted as either FAT or FAT32 and with a clustersize of 32KB or lower (although i would not reccomend lower)

Edit2: i have seen reports that 64KB clustersize seems to work as wel, but i personally did not try myself.

Yes thank you guys. The drive was set to MBR instead of Primary. I needed to use 3 different partition programs in order to find the one needed to get it switched over to primary. Took awhile to find it but it works now. :)
Just in case, I used mini tool partition wizard.

Nemios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
we need more info

wii or wiiu?

- Nintendont version from 3.328 to 3.330
- Wii, not WiiU
- Partition was/is the first (the two were primary, the second was/is NTFS)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thank you guys. The drive was set to MBR instead of Primary. I needed to use 3 different partition programs in order to find the one needed to get it switched over to primary. Took awhile to find it but it works now. :)
Just in case, I used mini tool partition wizard.

MBR(Master Boot Record) is the partition map scheme. Primary has to do with the order of the partitions. You need both for the drive to work with Nintendont.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
To use this Nintendont for gamecube games I presume you have to install the homebrew channel first with smashstack and then install this? can you actually play your GC games on the wiiu gamepad screen?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind the GamePad can only be used as a screen. You can't actually play any GameCube games with it.

Oh OK thanks, so you can't actually play your Gamecube games via the gamepad screen, it only shows the screen and that's it, you still have to use your Gamecube controller etc.. or your wii remotes? still though you can at least take your wiiu with you around the house and still play your games via the gamepad without the tv using the sensor bar.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh OK thanks, so you can't actually play your Gamecube games via the gamepad screen, it only shows the screen and that's it, you still have to use your Gamecube controller etc.. or your wii remotes?

You can use a variety of USB controllers including Playstation 3 and 4 controllers and you can use the Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote + Nunchuck or GameCube controllers with the USB GameCube Controller adapter.

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use a variety of USB controllers including Playstation 3 and 4 controllers and you can use the Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote + Nunchuck or GameCube controllers with the USB GameCube Controller adapter.

what you can use the WiiU Pro Controller, via your original wii console? without the need of hacking the wiiu?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you can use the WiiU Pro Controller, via your original wii console? without the need of hacking the wiiu?

The Wii U Pro Controller can be use in Nintendont on either the Wii or Wii U. You just sync it to your Wii like you would a Wiimote. The controller can only be used in Nintendont and will only stay on while Nintendont is running. The Wii U Pro Controller is my preferred wireless GameCube Controller.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U Pro Controller can be use in Nintendont on either the Wii or Wii U. You just sync it to your Wii like you would a Wiimote. The controller can only be used in Nintendont and will only stay on while Nintendont is running. The Wii U Pro Controller is my preferred wireless GameCube Controller.

I have tried it on my wii but it says Failed to load kernal from Nand? booting it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong