Hacking Nintendont

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested the PAL/European version (not NTSC/US version yet) of Star Fox Adventures and it seems the subtitle delay has been fixed! Although I just saw the first few cutscenes, it seems like the subtitle bug is no longer an issue.

I also tested using the Wii's Classic Controller Pro. I'm surprised and delighted Nintendont now supports it!

EDIT: DERP, starerik already had also confirmed it. MY BAD. But yeah, my life too is complete.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
v2.242
-Remove second PSO memcard emu hack. This was also made unnecessary by r227.
-Add support for Datel AGP disc. This disc does not use the Nintendo SDK, so many functions are done in different ways and have different patterns. Currently only supports Native SI and MemcardEmu off. The actual hardware reading is not yet functional.

So many new patches, you need to add some security checks because as of right now they seem to apply to every game into various locations which cant be good.
I just cleaned up my recent patches so they should be secure now.
-added security checks for DVD patches and added DVDLowSeek patch instead of using DVDSeekAbsAsyncPrio patch

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many new patches, you need to add some security checks because as of right now they seem to apply to every game into various locations which cant be good.
I just cleaned up my recent patches so they should be secure now.
-added security checks for DVD patches and added DVDLowSeek patch instead of using DVDSeekAbsAsyncPrio patch
Most of the patterns should be skipped by this:
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/Patch.c?spec=svn242&r=242#3005
Most of the others I thought were correct for all cases (e.g. new opcode matching).
If you know of any that are being applied incorrectly, I'll take a look at it again.

Edit:
Never mind, I just where I should have put that code when I was merging my old version into the new one. I'll fix it.

LaoED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been trying to get Nintendont working for the first time and I've spent three days using various SD cards, flash drives, and externals because none of my games load. I followed the guide, made sure the actual iso in my SD card is literally called "game.iso" I can't get pass the black screen after the Nintendont Kernel Looping line when I try to load any game and I've already tried various revisions of the boot.dol. The controller I'm using is the Wii U Pro controller, which does in fact synch up in the Nintendont app(I can press the buttons to browse the menu and make any updates). I keep getting stuck on this part, which is a black screen. The controller lights on my Wii U pro and Wii mote are a solid blue and the screen just stays black for a long time. I've been resetting my console so many times I'm starting to get very frustrated lol.

My image is attached. This is the last screen I see before the black screen happens. What problem could I be overlooking?

Attachments

• DSC_0100.jpg
    DSC_0100.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 216

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this whole Datel thing... What does this mean for us? Is it like using Action Replay? Incidentally, could action replay support be added? (boot the AR iso, it reads the cheats off real or emulated memcard, you select the cheats you want to use, then it locates and launches the game off the HDD when you launch it?) (Or alternatively, a cheat menu be added to the options, negating the need to boot the iso entirely, also able to be accessed from usb loaders?)

theinternetnomad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theinternetnomad I can't help you out until you answer my question.

Got it to work, I switched from a lexar USB to a 64gb SD card. Thank you : ) I'm having another small issue while using the mayflash GameCube to Wii remote adapters.. When a game initially loads everything seems to be working, however when I get into the game some of the buttons get swapped around.. For example the A button is swapped with the B button.. I'm on the latest revision as of this post.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greyrogue just asking if you saw my post about nightfire mission deep descent aparently needing the pso patches that were taken away on 227 to start.
Because this had good bug reporting (exact version that broke it, and my checkin broke it), this is what I was going to look at next anyway. It wasn't the PSO hack removal that broke it (though I was surprised it was using it). I hacked in something temporarily to make it run, but it needs further investigation to determine the underlying cause. I probably won't do this, at least for a while.
v2.246
-Hack for 007 Nightfire for cache invalidation. Needs further investigation.
So, this whole Datel thing... What does this mean for us? Is it like using Action Replay? Incidentally, could action replay support be added? (boot the AR iso, it reads the cheats off real or emulated memcard, you select the cheats you want to use, then it locates and launches the game off the HDD when you launch it?) (Or alternatively, a cheat menu be added to the options, negating the need to boot the iso entirely, also able to be accessed from usb loaders?)
The Datel updates were because I wanted to get the AGP disc working. I'm much less interested in getting Action Replay to work. It would probably fight with Nintendont. It does boot with current Nintendont, until it asks for its special memory card.

If anyone is looking to rip their own discs for either of these, see this:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28356&sid=8eb0694508d7964f46e9b33b09639a2b#p28356

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tested v2.245
Frogger ancient shadow works
road trip works (it does not work in dios mios)
smuggler run boot but freeze when playing( bad iso?)

great work to all !

krmt973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem I update Nintendon't to the latest version and when I try to run Kirby Air ride or other games it gets stuck in "Init SD device". :(

Hi all,

I'm experiencing this issue with all my games loading properly on the latest revision (r245), and since I reverted back to r228, the games load properly again.
The Nintendont app resides on my SD card, the games are saved on a 32GB USB drive from hp (I'll include hardware id info in the attached screenshot). I really appreciate the solid support and stability this project has.
Keep up the great work!
usbhardwareinfo.PNG

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but in Sonic Mega Collection, none of the games (at least the default ones you get without unlocking any) except Sonic 1 have any sound (the menus and everything else does, though). Also, whenever I press Z in a game to go to the menu where I can exit a game, if I press Resume or Game Title, it just freezes the game (goes back to what I was playing, but can't press anything, can still press Z to go back the the menu, though). Oh, and while I was typing this, I left the game idle and it seems to have froze and stuck on a buzzing sound (most likely just stuck on one note or something of the menu song). Using r246 of Nintendont.

Edit: After the game froze, had to restart the Wii U to get out of it (not pull the plug, just press the power button).

Edit2: Tried Sonic 1 again, and now it doesn't have sound either.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but in Sonic Mega Collection, none of the games (at least the default ones you get without unlocking any) except Sonic 1 have any sound (the menus and everything else does, though). Also, whenever I press Z in a game to go to the menu where I can exit a game, if I press Resume or Game Title, it just freezes the game (goes back to what I was playing, but can't press anything, can still press Z to go back the the menu, though). Oh, and while I was typing this, I left the game idle and it seems to have froze and stuck on a buzzing sound (most likely just stuck on one note or something of the menu song). Using r246 of Nintendont.

Edit: After the game froze, had to restart the Wii U to get out of it (not pull the plug, just press the power button).

Edit2: Tried Sonic 1 again, and now it doesn't have sound either.
Nope, nobody's reported it. :D

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm experiencing this issue with all my games loading properly on the latest revision (r245), and since I reverted back to r228, the games load properly again.
The Nintendont app resides on my SD card, the games are saved on a 32GB USB drive from hp (I'll include hardware id info in the attached screenshot). I really appreciate the solid support and stability this project has.
Keep up the great work!View attachment 12608
See if it works with 239 https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r237/trunk/loader/loader.dol

Reactions: stomp_442

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, could anyone explain why cheat codes starting with 48 won't work? Im curious why, and also interested if any leeway has been made, or if that is going to be fixed at all.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tagging JoostinOnline since he didn't like this idea and tagging AbdallahTerro since he made this all possible:wub:

The only way that could be impleented is with a custom backgroubd image option in which you can put a PNG image in the folder and that will be your background.
They cannot use that exact image (or anything related to the GClogo) due to copyright, only way is by letting the user use their own BG image and the legal issues may be their problem. :P

Also, don't forget that mod does not show the bootup messages which might be needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==