Hacking Nintendont

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyan is the main dev of usb loader gx and hes also a dev for Nintendont. Not to mention hes a global moderator here. It's safe to say gx is 100% safe for any download it does

I updated and turned on native control and that took care of it, thanks a lot! Was driving me batty.

However now I cannot load GC games from USB Loader GX, gives me an error about Nintendont loading from USB. However Nintendont loads games just fine from the HBC. I updated GX and then re-updated Nintendont, but still no dice. I did some research and I understand this is a version detection issue with GX?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
if it wouldnt be so late I would continue working on what I work right now but I need sleep. I'll just leave this little info here...
ds0000.png
Wait, this is Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, how did you get it to work?

Anyway now that Starfox Adventure finally works (anyone has the game can confirm?) next stop is Sonic Heroes, come on now, ffft fine I'll take save feature for Triforce instead :P

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyway now that Starfox Adventure finally works (anyone has the game can confirm?)

I picked up a save from somewhere in the middle of the game and went through some of the following cutscenes and so far subtitles got displayed correctly. Once again, great work from FIX94 and the rest of the Nintendont dev team.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I picked up a save from somewhere in the middle of the game and went through some of the following cutscenes and so far subtitles got displayed correctly. Once again, great work from FIX94 and the rest of the Nintendont dev team.
Good to hear, hope Sonic Riders is next (or Sonic Adventure, both need fixing).

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated and turned on native control and that took care of it, thanks a lot! Was driving me batty.

However now I cannot load GC games from USB Loader GX, gives me an error about Nintendont loading from USB. However Nintendont loads games just fine from the HBC. I updated GX and then re-updated Nintendont, but still no dice. I did some research and I understand this is a version detection issue with GX?

The latest version of GX through auto-update is not the latest version released. r1233 was updated for the new way that Nintendont accesses USB (well... not so new anymore...) Anyway, you can find the latest version in Cyan's signature

Reactions: xl_The_Jackal_lx

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
We have no idea what version hes running. So we have no idea what it will do with multiple drives.
We also havent seen enough reports since yesterdays update which will affect multiple drives to know what the current version will do.

I'm always using the latest release. I have tested again with 2.240 and currently have both USB drives connected.
The Wii/GC drive is in the topmost back port.
The WiiU drive in the bottom (Both draw their power via a Y-cable and external powered hub.)

This current setup lets me only play Wii games. Nintendon't says it can't see a games directory.

If I do unplug the WiiU drive before launching Nintendon't, then it does work.

My guess is that the drives are enumerated in reverse order in Nintendon't(in comparison to Wiiloaders/CIOS) and it's just initialising the first drive it sees?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
dunno I just checked the source changelog
-reworked audio stream base to go through the actual disc interface code instead
of a hacked one, that way starfox adventures should have enough time to properly
enable its subtitles

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm always using the latest release. I have tested again with 2.240 and currently have both USB drives connected.
The Wii/GC drive is in the topmost back port.
The WiiU drive in the bottom (Both draw their power via a Y-cable and external powered hub.)

This current setup lets me only play Wii games. Nintendon't says it can't see a games directory.

If I do unplug the WiiU drive before launching Nintendon't, then it does work.

My guess is that the drives are enumerated in reverse order in Nintendon't(in comparison to Wiiloaders/CIOS) and it's just initialising the first drive it sees?

It seems that way, defenitively.
Another thing to be noted (if already not covered yet), is that USB Loader (specifically ULGX) can't detect HDDs devices from powered HUBs

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to hear, hope Sonic Riders is next (or Sonic Adventure, both need fixing).
-_- your doing it again, we get it.. Sonic, Sonic, Sonic!! We get it, u love Sonic. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Damn your a sonic top fan for real :wacko:

EDIT: to not sound like a dick why not just mention the next time there's a change with one of the sonic games rather then mention it still doesn't work everytime. Seriously if u think about it the last thing he's going to want to work on is Sonic games. Just relax a bit with it, be happy u got devo to play it with but this shit is getting out of hand lol.

Reactions: ALSINJAN

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I cant get gp2 to be completely stable so I'll just commit what I have:
-cleaned up and optimized audio streaming code, that made it possible to remove the AIInitDMA patch completely
-removed DVDInquiryAsync patch and replaced it with a proper low level one, this lets mario kart gp2 boot
-optimized triforce EXI interrupt code, helps mario kart gp2 to get a bit more stable, please note that it still freezes pretty often on the camera screen

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not the worst part.

Google adsense has figured out that since Sonic pops out every odd post and I check this forums at least twice every day, I should be quite a hardcore fan.

Now there are Sonic ads everywhere I go...

Fix, you're the man. Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I pushed r1233 to internal updater of USBLoaderGX.
I don't like pushing revision too often (it creates two revisions, user don't understand what 1234 will be, and will ask a lot of questions, consider it a hoax, a "fake chinese release" etc.)
But it will help users who only want to update nintendont.

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I pushed r1233 to internal updater of USBLoaderGX.
I don't like pushing revision too often (it creates two revisions, user don't understand what 1234 will be, and will ask a lot of questions, consider it a hoax, a "fake chinese release" etc.)
But it will help users who only want to update nintendont.

Cyan, just out of curiosity, I do love GX and it's my loader of choice, but I've been forced to migrate to Wiiflow for its homebrew support.

Are there any plans in the future for indepent rom loading and emu covers?

Wiiflow lacks the customization depth of GX, but emucoverflow is just amazing. The perfect complement for Retroarch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: