Hacking Nintendont

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the nintendont compatibility list says Star Fox Adventures works, but has delayed subtitles. However, when I played it, the subtitles in cutscenes simply did not show up. Is anyone else experiencing this or know what's causing the subtitle delay in the first place?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the nintendont compatibility list says Star Fox Adventures works, but has delayed subtitles. However, when I played it, the subtitles in cutscenes simply did not show up. Is anyone else experiencing this or know what's causing the subtitle delay in the first place?

The "delay" actually means that the subtitles for one cut-scene don't play until the next cut-scene begins and so on. I know, really annoying during the beginning when most of the voices are not in English.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I recently played through this game myself on Nintendont and for me one out of three things happened:

- Subtitles got delayed and showed up in one of the following cutscenes instead
- Some subtiitles would never appear like you already described
- Once, but I can't remember where exactly, the subtitles would show up the normal way (also being the correct ones for the cutscene that played at this time)

I don't see it as such a big deal however, as there is voice acting anyway which plays correctly.

D

Deleted-353083

Ok thanks Adeka, got it working now... i might aswell just ask about something else while i'm here. I said up there when i first stated using Nintendont i was using wired controllers... i watched a youtube vid and saw what adapters were compatible and i bought one of these Mayflash Magic Joy Boxes -

Mayflash-Magic-Joy-Box-for-Gamecube-for-PS2-for-XBox-Controller-Game-Pad-to-PC-USB.jpg_350x350.jpg

Anyways using an .ini file placed in the root of the sd card that allowed me to use my wired controller... now that Nintendont supports wireless is there anyway possible i can plug that back into the back of my Wii U and plug the receiver of my Wavebird controller in and use my Wavebird controller to play GC games? Like is there a new file i can download that will make that possible? If not do you geniuses here think you could make one cause when it comes to all this technical stuff i know f**k all! lol.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks Adeka, got it working now... i might aswell just ask about something else while i'm here. I said up there when i first stated using Nintendont i was using wired controllers... i watched a youtube vid and saw what adapters were compatible and i bought one of these Mayflash Magic Joy Boxes -

Anyways using an .ini file placed in the root of the sd card that allowed me to use my wired controller... now that Nintendont supports wireless is there anyway possible i can plug that back into the back of my Wii U and plug the receiver of my Wavebird controller in and use my Wavebird controller to play GC games? Like is there a new file i can download that will make that possible? If not do you geniuses here think you could make one cause when it comes to all this technical stuff i know f**k all! lol.

Have you tried using the Wavebird with this adapter? I never liked the Wavebird as it didn't have rumble.

The wireless that Nintendont supports is Bluetooth only.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is "we" and "need" as you currently can't play the game on a Family Wii or the Wii U. The game is unplayable without a fix for those consoles as they do not have real GC memory ports. I'd love to play that game again too.

I can see you don't get what i meant there either. Posting this like you did will only put the dev's off from fixing this.
Not only because it sounds demanding but also because it is a really hard thing to fix.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see you don't get what i meant there either. Posting this like you did will only put the dev's off from fixing this.
Not only because it sounds demanding but also because it is a really hard thing to fix.

How am I being demanding? I'm simply stating that we need a fix for Pokémon Colosseum as it is unplayable on the Family Wii and Wii U consoles since they don't have real GC ports and therefore can't save.

What exactly is the problem? Does it have something to do with the fact the game save is linked via the memory card's serial number?

D

Deleted-353083

Have you tried using the Wavebird with this adapter? I never liked the Wavebird as it didn't have rumble.

The wireless that Nintendont supports is Bluetooth only.

Yes have tried it (no offence but did you think i would be too dumb to not try it before asking?? lol) Used the same .ini file as before but nothing happens. The light on the Wavebird receiver lights up when i press something on the controller but that's it. In the options menu before you select to play the game (like where you can turn on memory card emulation) there's an option to "use HID device" I tried that but still didn't work... as you stated only the adapter plugged into the wiimote works. Do you guys think it would be possible to make some software that would allow the Wavebird to work on the Magic Joy Box or should i just forget it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes have tried it (no offence but did you think i would be too dumb to not try it before asking?? lol) Used the same .ini file as before but nothing happens. The light on the Wavebird receiver lights up when i press something on the controller but that's it. In the options menu before you select to play the game (like where you can turn on memory card emulation) there's an option to "use HID device" I tried that but still didn't work... as you stated only the adapter plugged into the wiimote works. Do you guys think it would be possible to make some software that would allow the Wavebird to work on the Magic Joy Box or should i just forget it?

I meant no disrespect but I am a computer technician you would really be surprised what people do (or not do) using their CD drive as a cup holder or forgetting to plug something in.

D

Deleted-353083

I meant no disrespect but I am a computer technician you would really be surprised what people do (or not do) using their CD drive as a cup holder or forgetting to plug something in​

lol, all good man :) Using their cd drives as cup holders hey? Yeah very smart - just one spill and...​

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so tired of reading about all of the requests, complaints, and lack of personal features people want. I mean give these guys a break they did what was thought impossible a few years ago and went beyond my wildest expectations. If something such as a game or controller does not function to your liking, screw it. There are so many other things being done right in the first place. Forget the GBA crap. Use the real hardware if this a must for you. Don't dwell on one particular game if its functionality is hampered, how ridulous when 98 percent exists elsewhere. Just say thanks for the fabulous work and continue to watch as this evolves in its beauty. Gamecube on vWii is wicked man. Bluetooth baby!!!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

(picture deleted for space)

The mayflash website specifically states on the page for that adapter that the wavebird does not work with that adapter. Also someone has tested it with Nintendont and it doesn't work

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People people, ease out.

I also want Pokemon Colosseum to be fixed as much as some of you do, but just begging for it won't do anything.
If you really want it so bad, then take some dlls out of your pocket and donate to the developers, and MAYBE you can start asking for a fix for such game :)

I haven't asked for that fix since I haven't donated yet. XD

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People people, ease out.

I also want Pokemon Colosseum to be fixed as much as some of you do, but just begging for it won't do anything.
If you really want it so bad, then take some dlls out of your pocket and donate to the developers, and MAYBE you can start asking for a fix for such game :)

I haven't asked for that fix since I haven't donated yet. XD
Instead of advocating ransomware, let's just call it Fix time.
He can do whatever whenever.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94: Will you be supporting Nintendo's USB Wii U GameCube controller adapter since it is a first party adapter when it comes out? I know us that have a Family Wii or Wii U console would be grateful.

Any chance of fixing the subtitles on Star Fox Adventures?

Thanks for your hard work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol