Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only on a real Wii. I don't want to bother hooking up my real Wii and bringing out a bunch of gamecube controllers. I want multiple HID controllers on a vWii.

That will most likely never happen. Multiplayer will be added on Wii U when they support bluetooth or if the new Wii U GameCube adapter is HID

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Only the Japanese version is possessed.
There is no intention of buying the USA version which requires time and effort and gold.
I see... Certainly strange that the Japanese version doesn't work, it should be "basically" the same as the others, yet it seems like sometimes the region change causes issues... Like Baten Kaitos Europe working but Baten Kaitos USA not working... Hrm... :unsure:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quoted from the site:

Known compatibilty:
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Kirby 64 (partially working)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
  • Duke Nukem 64
  • Mace: The Dark Ages
  • Wave Race
  • Star Soldier
  • Pilot Wings

Those games work as NGC ISOS ?
And most importantly... Do they save properly?

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue report: Intros for Mario Party 5 and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! lag heavily in v2.148.
Another tester disagrees that this is a program error, so I would like a confirmation from a different user.
This is not a problem with the ISO, as it is MD5 perfect with redump and runs correctly in Dios Mios Lite.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue report: Intros for Mario Party 5 and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! lag heavily in v2.148.
Another tester disagrees that this is a program error, so I would like a confirmation from a different user.
This is not a problem with the ISO, as it is MD5 perfect with redump and runs correctly in Dios Mios Lite.

I went and tested them and they the cutscenes were fine

Also any cutscene issues should just be noted in the notes BUT IF CUTSCENES ARE THE ONLY ISSUE THEN GAMES SHOULD BE MARKED GREEN

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the cutscenes are the only problematic part, put them in the notes, do NOT change the status of the games themselves; this only creates confusion.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still have issues with certain SD cards? I tried mine, which was freshly formatted today, didn't work. Errors and reboot during initialization.

Nobody has reported a sd or usb that hasn't worked in months. Anyone that can't get their device to work is normally because they have it formatted wrong.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody has reported a sd or usb that hasn't worked in months. Anyone that can't get their device to work is normally because they have it formatted wrong.

My SD card is formatted correctly. Fat32 with 32k clusters. I also tried a USB, same formatting. That one initialized, but it's stuck at Checking FS ...

What's going on?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card is formatted correctly. Fat32 with 32k clusters. I also tried a USB, same formatting. That one initialized, but it's stuck at Checking FS ...

What's going on?

Checking FS means your drive is not formatted correctly

I've listed the issue in the notes in case anyone else gets it.

Going to try older versions.

It is possible that you are using a drive that is slow (like an sd)

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.5 is much worse than v2.148, and I am using an SD card. Not sure why the intros alone are lagging, since I played Eternal Darkness with no problems. That game had tons of streaming audio and FMVs.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just completed Eternal Darkness 100% walkthrough...
FLAWLESSLY WITH NINTENDONT!

This is freaking amazing news. I'm not sure how long the game is because I never played it but great to know!

someone reported that one of the resident evils freeze on disc 2 which kinda sucks....

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

What's going on?
usb will only start if its on the correct port.

who changed call of duty 2 to green and removed the 1.5x speed issue in the notes? the game clearly runs at 1.5 times speed srs ppl use your head before editing the compat list...

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried some Japanese games yesterday, i don't understand the language but had fun playing them :)
Pool Edge has English menu.

you should try Kururin Squash! if you can, it's a highly enjoyable and original game.

Lupin is more like an Animé movie than a game. all you do is pressing continue when required, it's simple. (if only it had some english subtitles!)

(tested with the latest builds of usb loaders)

Lupin 3 - Umi ni Kieta Hihou (JAP) (2 Discs!) [GL3JE8] *WORKING*
Revision: v2.148
Shrunk: Working
Shrunk Size: 1.05 GB + 1.02 GB

Croket! Banking no Kiki wo Sukue (JAP) [GK6JA4] *WORKING*
Revision: v2.148
Shrunk Size: 394MB

Kururin Squash! (NTSC-J) (JAP) [GKQJ01] *WORKING*
Revision: 2.148
Shrunk Size: 228 MB

Pool Edge (JAP) [GPEJ2Q] *WORKING*
Shrunk Size:72 MB

Legend of Golfer (JAP) [GLXJ29] *WORKING*
Shrunk Size:1.32 GB

Doraemon Minna de Yuubou! (JAP) [GDAJE5] *WORKING*
Shrunk Size:1.35 GB

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Quoted from the site:

Known compatibilty:
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Kirby 64 (partially working)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
  • Duke Nukem 64
  • Mace: The Dark Ages
  • Wave Race
  • Star Soldier
  • Pilot Wings
Saved list, thanks!
Edit: as I mentioned before from my testing you can add Puyo Puyo Sun, I'm sure there are other games that might work so I may test some more games later on but for now I'll just keep those!

Back to Nintendont, can anyone confirm if swap disc works with these games or not? Resident Evil CVX, TMNT 2 Battle Nexus and TMNT 3, I still can't get swap disc to work with Nintendont though it works just fine with DM, it makes no sense!

Reactions: _47iscool

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
^^^^^ A small note and excuse the slight off topic response, but i gotta say it since i see people wondering about N64 emulation: Trust me, i've spent many an hour on trying N64 GC & Wii injects.
My conclusion after extensive playtesting is that your best bet, to supplement Not64 and the official N64 VC selection are Wii N64 inject wads.
There are some amazing ones like SM64 multiplayer 1.2, OoT MQ (60Hz), Mace, Hexen, 40 Winks, ISS '98 that work great (and are the only way to properly play those on Wii).
Only issue with those injects is that memory pak support is unsupported for games that do not save on cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For your steam deck ken?