Hacking Nintendont

Fl0wmart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what do the grey boxes mean? TBH, I just wanted to know if widescreen worked from Wiiflow, of if I need to set the option in the loader.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The problem is that you'd get your answer if you checked the compatibility list. If Widescreen works, it's green and marked as such. then you can compare them; or just "take the enourmous trouble" of installing nintendont, and testing the games you own, because those are the ones that matter, right?
To be fair, the compatibility list can be a tad misleading with regards to widescreen. Most games actually don't support widescreen in the sense that more is displayed on-screen. Most games simply stretch the 4:3 image to 16:9, yet this is normally still marked as 'green' on the compatibility list because many people doing the testing don't seem to notice. I've had to edit so many entries on the list because of this.

Reactions: Fl0wmart

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now THAT'S a great difference!
Went back to my old Wii with GC ports and completely ditched that shitty PS3 controller.

Wow, gotta say that I am incredibly happy with the progress of Nintendont!
Just went through a 100% playthrough of Sunshine without issues.
THANK YOU DEVS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!
Words are not enough to express the gratitude :)

One more thing, I can confirm what Pedro said about Medal of Honor: European Assault.
It boots and plays without issues in my Wii, but doesn't boot at all in my Wii U. Odd but that's how it is :P

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Now THAT'S a great difference!
Went back to my old Wii with GC ports and completely ditched that shitty PS3 controller.

Wow, gotta say that I am incredibly happy with the progress of Nintendont!
Just went through a 100% playthrough of Sunshine without issues.
THANK YOU DEVS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!
Words are not enough to express the gratitude :)

One more thing, I can confirm what Pedro said about Medal of Honor: European Assault.
It boots and plays without issues in my Wii, but doesn't boot at all in my Wii U. Odd but that's how it is :P
Weird case scenario eh?¡ ;)

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, the compatibility list can be a tad misleading with regards to widescreen. Most games actually don't support widescreen in the sense that more is displayed on-screen. Most games simply stretch the 4:3 image to 16:9, yet this is normally still marked as 'green' on the compatibility list because many people doing the testing don't seem to notice. I've had to edit so many entries on the list because of this.

it's not for if the game is stretching the image or not, it has a different criteria:
Wiki said:
(Widescreen Patch) - Whether or not a game can be patched to run in widescreen mode. Games that fail to start or later error should be marked "No". If the game displays any oddities but plays without crashing, you can enter "Issues". If the game itself already has a widescreen option, enter "Support".

it's whether the game can be displayed in 16:9 or not. if it works without problem then it's a "green" one.

that widescreen supported game list already linked on wiki.
gamecube games that do not naturally support 16:9 will naturally have black bars on the sides of the screen.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it's not for if the game is stretching the image or not, it has a different criteria:

it's whether the game can be displayed in 16:9 or not. if it works without problem then it's a "green" one.

that widescreen supported game list already linked on wiki.
gamecube games that do not naturally support 16:9 will naturally have black bars on the sides of the screen.
But the setting also works for some games that don't natively have a widescreen option, but can be forced into true native widescreen using the Nintendont setting. Such as Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. These are surely the games that should be correctly marked as 'green'.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you are the best FIX94 :grog:

But the setting also works for some games that don't natively have a widescreen option, but can be forced into true native widescreen using the Nintendont setting.
of course it does, i've seen enough examples for this situtation :)

Reactions: VinsCool

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just making sure it was that adapter. Seen a video of someone complaining the analogs were pressed. Message Howard here and he can fix it

Thanks! I just messaged him so hopefully I hear back soon. I went and found a Wii Classic Pro Controller and it is still having the same issue. All the buttons work besides the character always wanting to move left. I don't get it. I follow the HID test and have everything set. There has to be some small thing I'm missing for the sticks.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monster House (USA) [GK5E78] *WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: v6
Nintendont Build: v1.142
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1230
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes