Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There wasn't really a reason to be nervous at all, the devs have to download the sources to make changes to it so they'd obviously have a back up (Even I have the sources to compile it, though I didn't update from 84 to 85 yet, and will do that now).

The problem now is that fixing stuff broken in previous revisions is gonna be hard because the changes applied to each rev are now lost (Unless the owner and commiters to the project can still access some of it, since Cyan saw a message that doesn't appear to the common users like us)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder which "TOS rule" was "violated", and who the fuck keeps reporting shit.. I hope u get malaria or something, what the hell's wrong with you!?

Dumb post stemming from ego. Nintendont was in violation, so rightfully so that code was reverted, new code exists. Nintendont rocks.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a lot of revisions(only dols) if it can help , explain me how to share it !

I don't think it's possible to see what's different between two .dol files without the sources or a changelog. That's why, unless the devs already have a way to "save" the changes that were made in each revision (I tried accessing the webcache of the project page but it doesn't exist), or if they somehow kept a changelog or the sources for different revisions on their own computers, then I don't think it's possible to tell what changes might have been the cause for certain issues.

They can still try and fix things, and might even manage to get things fixed "by chance" while working on something else. But working to fix a particular issue without any reference is gonna be harder.

So they'll just keep working at their own pace, which is really good actually.

I wonder which "TOS rule" was "violated", and who the fuck keeps reporting shit.. I hope u get malaria or something, what the hell's wrong with you!?

I think you're overreacting, I don't think it's such a big deal that the project page was taken down (not enough to wish illnesses to someone, at least). As I said previously, it's not like suddenly all their work and hope was taken in a swift and cruel move; any dev has a local copy of their work at all times. And since there are many who work on this, and even random people like me who likes to see the source code and keeps it in their computer, the chances of all being lost are close to none.

So let's relax and tone down the posts, okay? There might be many people we disagree with and may piss us off, but that's no reason to wish bad things happen to them.

PD: Yes, I know I'm taking your post too seriously, but that's on my nature. lol

Reactions: Taleweaver

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
faku1810 said:
I think you're overreacting...
So let's relax and tone down the posts, okay? There might be many people we disagree with and may piss us off, but that's no reason to wish bad things happen to them.

PD: Yes, I know I'm taking your post too seriously, but that's on my nature. lol
Sorry I wasn't being literal, it's not often I get to throw malaria around in my vocabulary but trust me this isn't the first time this happens with one of Crediars projects, this is like the 4th or 5th time I've seen it myself and I'm just fed up with the people that continue want to slow progress down, make it more difficult o discourage developers as it is.

EDIT: Nintendont was in violation, so rightfully so that code was reverted, new code exists. Nintendont rocks.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i think its time to look for a wii U again :D

Seriously.
I've been testing r85 out today (will update the compatibility list when Im done) and so far, here's what works almost perfect (NTSC unless stated otherwise), WITH saves.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO (PAL Version)
Beyond Good and Evil (No BG Musci or audio in cutscenes so use subtitles!)
Fire Emblem
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (No BG Music)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart Double Dash
MegaMan Network Transmission (No ingame text tho)
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Pikmin
Resident Evil Zero
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario Sunshine

And that's just so far! Ive got about forty more to test!

Reactions: mclow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...