Hacking Nintendont

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know about audio streaming, but audio in general has been improved lately.
Luigi's Mansion NTSC now saves AND no longer has little loading freezes in between areas. It MIGHT be perfect now.
Same goes for Mario Kart Double Dash NTSC.
Im gonna go test and update the compatibility list today.
Holy canoli, this LOADER is making amazing strides! You guys rule!

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A "force ntsc-j"option needs to be added for people who wish to play JAP games.

???
I can play the hudson soft collection games fine.
Mind you, theres a wee bit of input lag, but they play AND have japanese text.
What game in particular are you wondering about?

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
???
I can play the hudson soft collection games fine.
Mind you, theres a wee bit of input lag, but they play AND have japanese text.
What game in particular are you wondering about?

Paper Mario RPG (ペーパーマリオRPG)
It boots the menu fine, but when you pass the menu to create a save, instead of a blue box like normal it's a speech bubble that says "No Messages.English".

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Paper Mario RPG(ペーパーマリオRPG)
It boots the menu fine, but when you pass the menu to create a save, instead of a blue box like normal it's a speech bubble that says "No Messages.English".

Right, I wrote a special patch for that which worked on normal wii mios, I did not test it yet for nintendont. The fastest way of testing it would be by grabbing wiiflow and trying via autoboot.

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario RPG(ペーパーマリオRPG)

Is there a reason why you want to play Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door in japanese? Are there differences between the english and japanese versions or is it a preference?
If its you just trying to see if any of the versions of Paper Mario get past that first battle, I'd wait for a compatibility update. Honestly, the NTSC english version seems VERY close to being runnable it just needs to fix whatever junks up the process when the first battle occurs. Other than that, English NTSC works fine.
I guess my advice is to have patience. This thing is picking up speed at an incredible rate lately and I wouldnt be surprised if Paper Mario was running perfectly in english, very soon.
As far as that english message, I honestly havent seen it anywhere else in the Gamecube's japanese library of games so sorry if you really wanted to play that version though. Im sure that will eventually be fixed also and thanks for bringing it to the attention of the devs working on this.

I hope they read this stuff at least. Resident Evil Zero is SUPER close to being completely playable. Just needs a resolution change i think.

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why you want to play Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door in japanese? Are there differences between the english and japanese versions or is it a preference?
If its you just trying to see if any of the versions of Paper Mario get past that first battle, I'd wait for a compatibility update. Honestly, the NTSC english version seems VERY close to being runnable it just needs to fix whatever junks up the process when the first battle occurs. Other than that, English NTSC works fine.
I guess my advice is to have patience. This thing is picking up speed at an incredible rate lately and I wouldnt be surprised if Paper Mario was running perfectly in english, very soon.
As far as that english message, I honestly havent seen it anywhere else in the Gamecube's japanese library of games so sorry if you really wanted to play that version though. Im sure that will eventually be fixed also and thanks for bringing it to the attention of the devs working on this.

I hope they read this stuff at least. Resident Evil Zero is SUPER close to being completely playable. Just needs a resolution change i think.

Yes, I was just wanting to see if any other versions worked. You're right I should just be patient because like you said it is picking up speed. I just want to play it sooo bad because it's one of my favorite games EVER!
About the English message, it's happened to me with a few NTSC-U games after shrinking the iso. Maybe it some how lost some data while shrinking and if the system cant find it, instead of crashing it displays that message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1