Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

I only own 2 gc discs and theres no way I can use them in my Wii U. Sorry.

That's not really Joostinonline's concern. You'd best get them cheap from eBay or Amazon.

That really makes me not want to continue working on this. :glare:

Please don't let that discourage you as it's not your problem to deal with ;)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ah, yes. The little dilemma with the Wii U not reading GC disks :/ makes it difficult for those who didn't/no longer own an original Wii.

If you're lucky, there's always a friend who could lend you their Wii.
Anything more borderline/shadier than that, probably best just not to mention it. :/

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Joostin just decides to believe that's true and continues working.

Really though, if someone else doesn't start helping, this project isn't going very far. :(

JoostinOnline force us to believe in you and know that you can do it, post more when you have doubts and a 'pious soul or fucking lucky will help you solve it

DiosMios, do not surrender!!!!

townleyma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as soon as hdd support is added I can test the hell out of this, so far though watching the development of this and its looking promising. With the controller support I have a ps3 controller.. do you have to use the usb cable or does it pickup from wireless?

I do feel there is little in terms of home brew development for the wiiU but it could still be early doors

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
as soon as hdd support is added I can test the hell out of this, so far though watching the development of this and its looking promising. With the controller support I have a ps3 controller.. do you have to use the usb cable or does it pickup from wireless?

I do feel there is little in terms of home brew development for the wiiU but it could still be early doors

you think you can lend a hand for this hypothesis?

D

Deleted User

Joostin just decides to believe that's true and continues working.

Really though, if someone else doesn't start helping, this project isn't going very far. :(
Maybe a small donation from the users in this Thread will help?
something like 5-10$. i think it is a very good price to pay for gamecube support for our wii u\wii family...

Reactions: kimotori

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JoostinOnline Would Giantpune be a good resource to call on to help this project?

Perhaps you could PM Crediar directly and ask for guidance and tips (not necessarily help/updates) to further your progress.

If I were Crediar, and I saw someone take up this gauntlet, I would be more than happy to give pointers to further this amazing project.

Dont be disheartened, and do not be put off by those who will inevitable turn to piracy.

Thank you for your efforts to date.

townleyma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not saying I cant but not saying I can, perhaps I can at least offer what little assistance I have somehow. I should have been more specific perhaps in that compared to wii home brew development.

Also nowhere sells a trio linker 1 any more but I do have a trio linker II plus I can test when I have this software up and running.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a small donation from the users in this Thread will help?
something like 5-10$. i think it is a very good price to pay for gamecube support for our wii u\wii family...
The truth is that a lot of this is simply beyond my skill set, so I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting donations on it. I'd feel like I would be promising something I might not be able to deliver. Besides, I work much better when I don't feel like something is work. But thank you for the offer. :)

JoostinOnline Would Giantpune be a good resource to call on to help this project?
I've never know GiantPune very well to begin with, and he seems to have disappeared from the scene anyway.

Perhaps you could PM Crediar directly and ask for guidance and tips (not necessarily help/updates) to further your progress.
I probably could. He did drop this project though. I really just need someone to share the load though. When I signed on, I didn't think it was just going to be me (not sure if Cyan's commit was a one-time-thing), so it's definitely more than I expected.

If I were Crediar, and I saw someone take up this gauntlet, I would be more than happy to give pointers to further this amazing project.
Lol, I'm definitely not taking his place in this. I'm decent at optimization, but I could never have written some of the stuff he has.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway