Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar had some real life work to do. Maybe he will come back some day, maybe he won't.
He did came back with dml.
At least he released what he had already so others can work on it which is great.
If I would be a good coder / reverser, I would take devolution and remove the AP from it.
After that, why would I spend my spare time in creating something identical?
I am not saying it happened. Just saying it's possible.
I hate to bust your bubble but even if someone did that it will be stealing others' work!

Reactions: NEP

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love it how moral knights jump in every time....

It would be stealing if someone would say he designed it himself from scratch.
Some people find reversing code and breaking protections more challenging and fun than playing games or writing long boring pieces of software.
As long as nothing is made public, nothing is stolen either. A piece of code just was improved a little.
It was the easiest and fastest road to obtain the wanted result. No one became worse from it.

Reactions: bl00m

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hadn't seen your post at the moment I wrote it so I surely wasn't pointing at you.
Usually one attracts others and in no time the discussion is more about moral and legacy instead of on topic issues.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason to why Crediar dropped it? I really hope more talented people can join in, I know nothing about coding but I can help by testing!

On related note, is there a possibility to add support for the WiiU controller or Controller Pro? I think it would help solve many problems regarding controller compatibility as well as make things easier, but like I said I don't know how coding work so I'm probably wrong in that!

I don't know other than the fact he lost interest in Wii U hacking, he has his reasons and I respect them. I'm glad that others decided to pick up where he left off :P

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be stealing if someone would say he designed it himself from scratch.

Well to be fair, that is exactly what Tueidj did and why it is closed source for most part.
So i get what the "moral Knights" try to say here.. ;)

That said, maybe a coder can have a close look at Devolutions internal workings and improve Nintendont with that knowledge.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Ap was a very good excuse to obfuscate the code and such makes traces to gnu hard to find.
You seem to have more information than I do considering the issue?
I remember him releasing some code snippets wich could be used with his permission....which we asked and didn't get.
Crediar helped us out of our problems...with permission... But that's off topic..

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Ap was a very good excuse to obfuscate the code and such makes traces to gnu hard to find.
I'm not sure why you're acting like tueidj did something wrong (I happen to have a great deal of respect for him), but this discussion doesn't belong here.

Take your AP bitching to the official bitching topic, and lets leave this one to Nintendont.

Reactions: NEP

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am not saying he did something wrong.
It's probably just a coincidence that he released devolution on wiiu the same moment Crediar released nintendon't, at that moment the only possible way to play gamecube games on the wiiu vwii.
This alters nintendon't from a unique piece of code to something that only benefits people trying to pirat gamecube games.
So if people wonder why crediar abandonned nintendon't, I give them some options to think about. AP simply happens to fit in the picture. It's not about bitching it.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pfff.. if people just want to "pirate" GC games, they can grab Dolphin for PC/Mac and "pirate" to their heart's desire. I write "pirate" as the last handful of games was released back in 2007, which will be 7 years ago this year. Launch titles are from 2001, 13 years ago this year.

Besides, according to the first page, Nintendont was "never" to have any form of AP, so I doubt "sudden remorse" for making people go back in time and not buy a game 10 years ago would hardly be a reason to abandon the project.

It's more likely real life caught up, and available time became less and less.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game was already in .iso format so i renamed it into game.iso and put in root/games/wharever/game.iso
and updated nintendont to the last version, but now when i test the game, it gives me black screen now, is worse than before
and then i tried with old versions and it was the same
so do i have to do something to the iso before playing it on the nintendont?

you must convert the iso with DiskEX

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No.
DiscEx is not needed AT ALL.
I never used it. I always put my 1:1 clean ISO on my SD card, rename to game.iso, and that's all, it's working fine.
then you and adeka may adress me as bad luck bryan, because clean iso haven't even booted up and the iso past DiscEX freeze after introduction video so.
or my microSD is the problem, or better i wait till a version who loads game from HDD.
so keep going with this project, is good looking

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if the SD should be formatted in a certain way or not but mine is Fat32 64k which is the same format used in DML, if Nintendont is anywhere like DML then maybe brands affect this in which case Sandisk SDs are recommended!

But yeah I can confirm if the game is compatible then a clean 1:1 rip works fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, 🤗