Hacking Nintendont

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
More info, please. USB powered, do you have a USB Y-cable? Does it use AC power? Brand? Model of HDD? If USB only, you MUST have a USB Y-cable.
I'm sorry - here it is.

Oh.. damn. It's USB only.

Its the following: Toshiba HDTB120EK3CA 2TB (6,4 cm 5400rpm, 8MB, USB 3.0)

Okay. So I should use a HDD with a power cable?

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The wiiu outputs less power through the usb port than the wii did so you might experience that problem, dont you have a usb y cable which you can use?
Thanks for the answers.

Sadly I havent. But it shouldn't be that hard to get.

Another thing I noticed: My cabled HDD is NTFS formatted - that won't work either I guess.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, now another problem.

I managed to get the cabled HDD working and started a game from the list (Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4).

Everything seems fine to this point, but then it stops on "Checking FS" .. does somebody know what that means? :unsure:

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks again, FIX94. I would like to report that Superman Shadow of apokolips still freezes after completing the first mission (saving the bus and blowing the fire away from the vehicle in fire).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hm, now another problem.

I managed to get the cabled HDD working and started a game from the list (Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4).

Everything seems fine to this point, but then it stops on "Checking FS" .. does somebody know what that means? :unsure:
putted it on the correct usb door? wiiu is the upper back port only.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
putted it on the correct usb door? wiiu is the upper back port only.
Oh man! Thanks a bunch! Now it works! :lol:

Did the games always look that good? I'm suprised. The characters in Naruto look much more detailed to me.

Is it normal that Nintendont puts the language automatically to english? Can I change this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh man! Thanks a bunch! Now it works! :lol:

Did the games always look that good? I'm suprised. The characters in Naruto look much more detailed to me.

Is it normal that Nintendont puts the language automatically to english? Can I change this?
only some pal games have languague option and if they do its either on the start up or the settings but yes ninetendont has a force language press B when seeing the game list and go to the language and force german since i think thats what you want.

Reactions: Bimmel

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
for me the game last works in r138 which is unexpected but ok, might this game actually go _too_ fast?
Too fast?

You mean like those games that run at x1.5 times speed? Or is it running too smoth in comparison with the original Sonic CD title?
If it is the second, then it is ok since that port is not from Sega CD but the PC one.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
There are quite a few, I can name from the top of my head Batman Vengeance [...]
Have you tried this one? According to the compat list it is shutting down the console in 2.162. This might indicate tha it uses the debug SDK. If that's the case it might have been fixed in v2.171.

FIX94

Another thing:

What NINTENDONT will never support:

• Play retail discs
  • Play backups from writable DVD media

Is it really necessary to mention those two things? Those are partially taken from the DIOS MIOS feature list, for which they actually made sense. Since DIOS MIOS changes the MIOS, those two are indeed features (I'm actually not sure if DIOS MIOS accepts retail discs). For nintendont however it should be clear that retail discs still works on wiis (since the MIOS is untouched) and retail discs wont work on wiius (since nintendont doesn't magically make the disc drive read small discs). Same with the second thing. I would just remove those two, they confuse more than they help.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
only some pal games have languague option and if they do its either on the start up or the settings but yes ninetendont has a force language press B when seeing the game list and go to the language and force german since i think thats what you want.
Oh, I did not see that. Amazing! Thank you! =)

The WiiU Pro Controller works very good with this - thanks Fix94 for recommending it.

One last question that comes to mind: What about the memory cards? Does it matter which card size I choose? And what does Memcard Multi actually mean? And if I choose a 251 card for one game, and for the next 507, is it still the same card (obviously not, but it does not hurt to ask).

Reason for asking: I would need a seperate memory card for Naruto 4 cause the card seems then to be unusable for any other non-japanese game.

Where are stored the savegames?
Nintendont uses an individual memory card image per game.
To generate and enable memory card emulation, enable "MC Emulation" in Nintendont options and choose the size of the memory card.
The memory card will be created in /saves/<GameID>.raw located on the same partition than your game.

If you enable "multi" as memory card settings in Nintendont options, it will create a single memory card called ninmem.raw which lets you save multiple games on the same memory card file. Attention: do not save Japanese games on the same memory card than non-Japanese games.

The memory card emulation is not 100% stable and your memory card can be corrupted.
If you care about your game progress, always make regular backups of your files!

If you card is corrupted, you can try these links:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gcn-memcard-recover.349406/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-memory-card-corrupt.367902/

Edit: I should learn reading the first posts of people. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...