Hacking Nintendont

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things I don't really get:

1. Why wouldn't Nintendont set maxpads default to 1 since you can't play multi-player anyway?

2. I know it's his program but why would Cediar bother with Dios Mios anymore, I mean Nintendont was his also and it is rapidly surpassing DM, why not just add to Nintendont?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Why wouldn't Nintendont set maxpads default to 1 since you can't play multi-player anyway?

2. I know it's his program but why would Cediar bother with Dios Mios anymore, I mean Nintendont was his also and it is rapidly surpassing DM, why not just add to Nintendont?

maxpad is a setting for the Normal Wii with gamecube ports so you CAN play multiplayer

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

you can play multiplayer on the original wii with gc ports you can do 4 players even.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, thanks to pedro and adeka for pointing out the maxpads thing for an original wii.

I don't use Nintendon't on an original Wii since I have a Wode (Although that doesn't have audio streaming bleh) so I wasn't aware.

Mostly use my Wii U's.

Would it be possible for fix94 or whom ever to add an auto detect maxpads for Wii U users?

It does say that the console is a Wii U in top left corner... so the detection is there, If WiiU set maxpads to 1. blabla

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found a problem with NFS Most Wanted. Controls are unstable with Gamecube ports. It just stops working after a minute or so. If you use a HID controller then it works fine

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm Simpsons hit and run always freezes on first screen. It used to work in earlier revisions. The pal version works perfect though.

NFS Most wanted works perfectly. Your iso might be corrupt

I think all your other games are known issues
Reading previous pages Simpsons Hit and Run seems to work on USB GX, will test again, also same for Batman Vengeance and Need For Speed (btw it's a clean rip and works fine in Dios Mios)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading previous pages Simpsons Hit and Run seems to work on USB GX, will test again, also same for Batman Vengeance and Need For Speed (btw it's a clean rip and works fine in Dios Mios)

Batman was addressed in a previous version of Nintendont fix94 fixed that, it was to do with the language settings.
It will set the language to system if it's on Auto (which is default) or something similar now.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Batman was addressed in a previous version of Nintendont fix94 fixed that, it was to do with the language settings.
It will set the language to system if it's on Auto (which is default) or something similar now.
I thought he was talking about Batman Begins which worked fine with me no issues, I had an issue with Batman Vengeance though, all other Batman games worked fine for me!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just double checked Batman Vengeance and Simpsons Hit and Run, still no good, changing settings and loaders do nothing, it's back to Dios Mios for those two!

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, i'm hating USB Loader GX, so I want to try CFG USB Loader, but when I start the game, it says "abphrot diasabled", but when I play via homebrew works fine.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked my dump at redump.org, the image I had was indeed corrupted as it did not match the SHA-1, MD5 or CRC32 hashes, so I re-dumped the ISO and now it does match, so I'll try that again. Same with a few other games I have, some of the them didn't match but now do.
Is there a program that will parse through your entire game collection and tell you if any games are corrupted? This would prove especially handy.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a program that will parse through your entire game collection and tell you if any games are corrupted? This would prove especially handy.

Finally got the game to run, but unfortunately, there is an issue with Nintendont itself and audio streaming with the game where there is sound effects, but no BGM, an issue that other games suffer from. I no longer have any corrupt ISO images so I'm good. Other users have confirmed Burnout 2 with missing music as well, but it's not top priority. With Sonic Adventure DX, input is jacked up and you can't spin dash or jump properly. that game is well, kinda broken. So as far as corrupt images go, no longer a problem on my end.

Burnout 2 issues have already been reported as far as sound is concerned.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, i'm hating USB Loader GX, so I want to try CFG USB Loader, but when I start the game, it says "abphrot diasabled", but when I play via homebrew works fine.

there must be something missing in your setup. Loader GX always worked fine for me with nintendont, maybe it has something to do with the cios you're using for the loader, or something like that. Do you have the meta.xml in nintendonts folder and everything as it should be?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if Nintendont can use a 2 partition HDD?

I have a HDD formatted in NTFS and want to make a second partition for FAT32 for Nintendont.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
there must be something missing in your setup. Loader GX always worked fine for me with nintendont, maybe it has something to do with the cios you're using for the loader, or something like that. Do you have the meta.xml in nintendonts folder and everything as it should be?
Yes i have, when I try to load a game in USB Loader GX says: "Error: To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need the boot.dol file in your Nintendont Loader Path". But I have it, i can ply via HBC. Also, I can't play pal wii games, like ToS 2, it goes in a black screen, but with wii flow I could. And Loader GX doesn't save my configuration.
Can you send to me your USB Loader GX?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i have, when I try to load a game in USB Loader GX says: "Error: To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need the boot.dol file in your Nintendont Loader Path". But I have it, i can ply via HBC. Also, I can't play pal wii games, like ToS 2, it goes in a black screen, but with wii flow I could. And Loader GX doesn't save my configuration.
I could be wrong but I think you have to have it on both SD and USB, also make sure it's named "boot.bin"

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone know if Nintendont can use a 2 partition HDD?

I have a HDD formatted in NTFS and want to make a second partition for FAT32 for Nintendont.

You can use a partitioned drive, but the FAT32 must be the primary partition.

Did you check in Loader GX Settings that you've set the nintendont path? it seems to me that you might have nintendont in a different folder and it's not finding it. i think the default is sd:/apps/nintendont

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I could be wrong but I think you have to have it on both SD and USB, also make sure it's named "boot.bin"
Are you sure?
You can use a partitioned drive, but the FAT32 must be the primary partition.

Did you check in Loader GX Settings that you've set the nintendont path? it seems to me that you might have nintendont in a different folder and it's not finding it. i think the default is sd:/apps/nintendont
Yes I have it.In the default folder. Please, send me the links of your rev of Loader GX, i'll install it again. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth