Hacking Nintendont

ShoxXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone i have a big Problem With nintendont i always getting stuck in checking fs when using USB i had this Problem a while ago But then i fixed it with a Sd card ,but now i destroyed my Sd slot and the error comes back again, with Dios mios it worked fine so can anybody help me thanks in advance

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a good dream DontloaderGX, loads Gamecube/Wii/Triforce games from Usb/SD/and Disk, with custom controllers. basically UsbloaderGX and Nintendont combined.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just swapped over to my new 1T USB HDD, upgrading from my previous 500 GB.
The previous drive had 3 partitions, WBFS, FAT32, NTFS
Per Nintendont specifications I have made the new drive a single FAT32 partition.
I have copied the data from all 3 partitions, to the new drive.
I used windows explorer to copy the FAT32 & NTFS content, and that is all working fine.
I used WiiBackupManager_Build78 to copy my WBFS partition to the new FAT32 drive into a wbfs folder.

Everything works perfectly, except my Wii games.
(Odd that my Wii plays everything except Wii games now, haha)

Does anyone have any advice for me to fix this?

The Wii throws me an error something like:

Exception (DSI) occurred!
GPR00 809F6CD4 ...

(it then reboots in 10 seconds, so I don't have time to type out all the number codes it gives before it times out.)

It happens on all of my Wii games now. On the old HDD they all played fine.

I use Wiiflow as a loader.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just swapped over to my new 1T USB HDD, upgrading from my previous 500 GB.
The previous drive had 3 partitions, WBFS, FAT32, NTFS
Per Nintendont specifications I have made the new drive a single FAT32 partition.
I have copied the data from all 3 partitions, to the new drive.
I used windows explorer to copy the FAT32 & NTFS content, and that is all working fine.
I used WiiBackupManager_Build78 to copy my WBFS partition to the new FAT32 drive into a wbfs folder.

Everything works perfectly, except my Wii games.
(Odd that my Wii plays everything except Wii games now, haha)

Does anyone have any advice for me to fix this?

The Wii throws me an error something like:

Exception (DSI) occurred!
GPR00 809F6CD4 ...

(it then reboots in 10 seconds, so I don't have time to type out all the number codes it gives before it times out.)

It happens on all of my Wii games now. On the old HDD they all played fine.

I use Wiiflow as a loader.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
clear your cache?
Wii games in .wbfs format inside wbfs folder?

Reactions: RiCK420

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clear your cache?
Wii games in .wbfs format inside wbfs folder?

Yes they are in .wbfs format. (WiiBackupManager_Build78 takes care of all that conversion and creating the directories and copying.)

I did not clear the cache... AKA Reload Cache in Wiiflow?

I tried that just now per your advice and my games work again!!

Thank you so much!!!! :)

I will give your post a +

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
here's a good dream DontloaderGX, loads Gamecube/Wii/Triforce games from Usb/SD/and Disk, with custom controllers. basically UsbloaderGX and Nintendont combined.

Except for the Triforce games (i guess, i don't have any) Just using LoaderGX is enough to launch all your games, since you can specify Nintendont as a GC loader.

Hello everyone i have a big Problem With nintendont i always getting stuck in checking fs when using USB i had this Problem a while ago But then i fixed it with a Sd card ,but now i destroyed my Sd slot and the error comes back again, with Dios mios it worked fine so can anybody help me thanks in advance

Your usb is probably bad formatted, try reformatting it as FAT32 and try different cluster sizes until one works.. At least that has worked for some in the past. Also, make sure you're using the correct usb port.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
(dont laugh) if i was to get a Gamecube Steering Wheel would i be able to use it with Nintendont?
Yes you can, I already use mine on Burnout games, F1 CC, V-Rally 3 and Dakar. It plugs on the gamecube controller socket and the pedals plug on the wheel and i'm good to go. Only "issue" is that the pedals default to gamecube L/R buttons, so I make sure to assign brake and gas to those buttons from each game's default options. FYI, I even got FBA games (outrun) or PSX & N64 racing games to work with the wheel :)

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that all my games are working again, I'd like to setup Nintendont to load from my Wiiflow like my Wii games and all my emulators do.

Is there another forum for that? Or is it ok to ask here?

I probably need a Nintendont plugin for my wiiflow folder or something and a config file or some settings to add?

EDIT:

Steps done to solve this.
1) Edit my source_menu.ini to add the new buttons for GameCube.
(Maxternal's editor works great for that.. https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/source-menu-editor)
2) Change the [DML] to:
Code:
[DML]
always_show_button=yes
cheat=no
current_item=GLMP01
default_loader=2
dir_usb_games=games/
dm_r2.1+=yes
dml_nmm=0
dml_r52+=yes
dump_list=no
game_language=0
last_cf_mode=1
partition=0
show_full_banner=no
sort=0
source=yes
video_mode=0
video_setting=1

Now it loads Nintendont from the Wiiflow Source Menu, however it does not autoload the game, it just takes me to Nintendont and then I choose USB> then a game. And it stopped reading my controller.ini which is on root of my USB HDD. (that was working before trying to load it from Wiiflow.)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Now that all my games are working again, I'd like to setup Nintendont to load from my Wiiflow like my Wii games and all my emulators do.

Is there another forum for that? Or is it ok to ask here?

I probably need a Nintendont plugin for my wiiflow folder or something and a config file or some settings to add?

I think you only need to check your wiiflow settings and find where to set a GC loader to be Nintendont and some settings for it (as MC Emulation, Autoboot, HID controller)... Then your GC games should appear in wiiflow (might be a filter or something to enable in the settings too) and that should be all, you choose the game and load it.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I've been wondering... Nintendont is suggested to be run with a HDD formatted at 64 KB clusters, but DM only works with 32. So are we forced to choose between the two?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
One thing I've been wondering... Nintendont is suggested to be run with a HDD formatted at 64 KB clusters, but DM only works with 32. So are we forced to choose between the two?

You can use 32, it will work on both loaders.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
By how much? Do the recent optimizations +/- cache make up for it?

just use a 32k format, it should be enough. Sure a usb formated to 64k is the faster we can have. Anyway, recent optimisations slightly reduced loading time. So use 32k, it will work on nintendont and DIOS-MIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr