Hacking Nintendont

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok :)

I am concern of dios-mios because I do not know how nintendont load games...? it uses standard mios or maybe it load it on some other way...? Have you got link to latest standard Mios for Wii 4.3 EU?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am concern of dios-mios because I do not know how nintendont load games...? it uses standard mios or maybe it load it on some other way...? Have you got link to latest standard Mios for Wii 4.3 EU?
Nintendont does not use the MIOS at all. A Wii U doesn't even have a MIOS or a GC mode (Nintendont works in Wii mode) and it's supposed to work fine with a Wii U.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok :) I do not have WiiU only Wii so I wasn't 100% sure if it is not fault of DIOS-Mios maybe we should wait till new revisions show up. Because I do not have any ideas what causes this ISI error on loader.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe we could try use project page (google code) and post our tests i do not know if Cradiar is still developing nintendont or what? Who knows maybe some voice from testers cound help on development?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This doesn't need a new open issue in Googlecode tracker, and I don't know if he will check the issues or work on them.
I think it's better to keep it here, or to ask Crediar directly on IRC.
He is probably already aware of that problem.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've posted it... I was thinking that google code panel is good way to inform about issues... I've posted it already :/

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest contacting the dolphin team for help/support. I'd post it in their offtopic section myself but I don't have enough posts nor do I want to spam. I assume they know a little something about how the wii/gamecube works :P

Reactions: wiewcw

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maxternal have you tested alpha version - I mean the Zelda one - it use disk or it is able to run iso from sd?. Strange thing why loader from google code returns isi error after executing loader, but alpha loads ok, but it is only for dvd... Maybe it is kernel.bin fault?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maxternal have you tested alpha version - I mean the Zelda one - it use disk or it is able to run iso from sd?. Strange thing why loader from google code returns isi error after executing loader, but alpha loads ok, but it is only for dvd... Maybe it is kernel.bin fault?
The Zelda alpha one works fine for me. I assume you could always just change the first 6 bytes of all your GC ISO's to the same as that Zelda game with a hex editor and so they'd (theoretically) show up in the list. SOME games should "work" that way, at least ... but I understand that most just crash.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thx for info, but key thing is what is difference between alpha and "google code" one, why one gives isi error but another not. How alpha executes kernel or where kernel is placed on dol?

If new one have sth like Guru on TempGBA etc or some debug mechanisms that could help manage to find some bugs etc...

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad you weren't even able to find our official website to contact us, I can't reply "LOL" to your email :(

*Ahem* Well, you kinda used the defunct page :P
https://dolphin-emu.org

Well thanks for making me feel stupid. :( Anyway here's what I wrote.

Hello. I have a bit of a request/info to past along to you guys. But it has nothing to do with dolphin. So I hope you don't mind this. It's about the gamecube emulator for the Wii and Wii U called Nintendont. http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/https://code.google.com/p/nintendont/source/detail?r=4 It basically allows you to play gamecube isos on your Wii U. Which is not possible through normal means. This is extremely useful for people who didn't have a GC or backward compatible Wii. Unfortunately the author of Nintendont (crediar) has stopped the project and released the source codes for someone else to pick up. And that's what I'm contacting you guys about. If any of you have knowledge of how the Wii and Wii U works, could you please consider picking up this project? It would be a huge help to the homebrew scene and people who don't have a GC compatible Wii. Thank You.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for making me feel stupid. :( Anyway here's what I wrote.

Hello. I have a bit of a request/info to past along to you guys. But it has nothing to do with dolphin. So I hope you don't mind this. It's about the gamecube emulator for the Wii and Wii U called Nintendont. http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/https://code.google.com/p/nintendont/source/detail?r=4 It basically allows you to play gamecube isos on your Wii U. Which is not possible through normal means. This is extremely useful for people who didn't have a GC or backward compatible Wii. Unfortunately the author of Nintendont (crediar) has stopped the project and released the source codes for someone else to pick up. And that's what I'm contacting you guys about. If any of you have knowledge of how the Wii and Wii U works, could you please consider picking up this project? It would be a huge help to the homebrew scene and people who don't have a GC compatible Wii. Thank You.

I didn't make you feel stupid, but okay. If you were wondering why they didn't get the email, that's why. They've had a new domain for quite some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: It's proven quite frustrating.