Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can't Download it, tried even save a link to... but it gave me a 28KB file renamed it to boot.dol and it doesn't work !

Look down and to the right, in the link I gave you. It says "View Raw file"; that's where you get it, should be 290kb or something.

Edit: i've changed the link in my post, just in case.

Reactions: gig71

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's normal that Wind Waker PAL freeze meny times when I enter to a door on Wii U? I read in the compatibility list that it says "Freeze entering doors sometimes" but for me it freeze too many times, is this normal?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some more info to possably fix this.
Use this version of HidTest https://nintendont.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/controllerconfigs/HID_Test.dol
VID
A line for each of the 4 joystick axis showing the
left or upper value
The value next to the left or upper value
All of the center values.
The value next to the right or lower value
The right or lower value
Include ware the values 00, 7e, 7f, 80, 81, ff appear if they arent included already

You should end up with 4 lines that look like this
StickX 80 81...FF 00 ... 7E 7F (left...center...right)
StickY 80 81...FF 00 ... 7E 7F (up...center...down)
CStickX 80 81...FF 00 ... 7E 7F (left...center...right)
CStickY 00 01...7e 7F 80 81... FE FF (up...center...down)

I'm not sure if it's right and the numbers were very flaky when I pushed the stick to the side but here are my results.

StickX 1A 1B...80 81 ... E4 E5 (left...center...right)
StickY 0E 0F...7E 7F ... E4 E5 (up...center...down)
CStickX 90 91...41 42 ... ED EF (left...center...right)
CStickY 3F 3G...9E 9F... BA BB (up...center...down)

VID 9260
PID 2526

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's normal that Wind Waker PAL freeze meny times when I enter to a door on Wii U? I read in the compatibility list that it says "Freeze entering doors sometimes" but for me it freeze too many times, is this normal?

its really hard to tell when its going to freeze right now, I'm testing it quite intense atm and sometimes I can easly leave and go over 10 times and sometimes on my second try it already crashes... also I use some older libogc that might influence your wiiu guys and why pal crashes on the dols I commited.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already posted about Fire emblem, and even quoted you so you'd read it.

"I tested the game and it worked perfectly fine. The only issue is that you souldn't try to create a save game when you start, it will give an error that the memory is damaged, and after that you'll be unable to start the game at all. To be on the safe side have MCEmu off when playing this game. "

Though I didn't try it with MCEmu off, I think (I'll do so now) but I suppose that just picking not to create a save is enough, even if pointless.

EDIT: Tested Fire emblem again, MCEMU off works too.

Alright so if I choose not to create a save game profile to start the game and choose to save later in the game will I be able to then save successfully.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made some really small changes for r79 to hopefully improve stability further. Also I am now using the latest libogc and the latest devkitppc r27, I hope that fixes the problems for the wiiu people with my previous commits.
Yes, it did! My PAL games are working again on my Wii U, thank you!!!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just noticed that both Resident Evil 2 and 3 have a remark saying something about Widescreen not working properly due to some misplacement of objects and characters with the background.

That is normal with all the RE games (except Code Veronica I think), because all of those games utilice pre-rendered backgrounds and the objects/items/characters are the only models not pre-rendered.
At the moment the Widescreen hack is applied, the pre-rendered background is stretched, causing the items and other objects to not match the corresponding place where they should be.

It just looks like the items is moved a little bit to the right than usual, but it is quite noticeable.
So Widescreen for those games does work, but it is because of how the game places the items and backgrounds that doesn't make Widescreen hack an option to play it properly.

I always play those without Widescreen, and I have no problems so far.

NOTE: The same issue happens with Devolution too.

Mustardtits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r79 keeps rebooting my Wii U .. What am I doing wrong? .. Last revision I had was r50, so I may be missing something new/different.

Thanks, in advance.

Attachments

• nin.jpg
    nin.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 312

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haha, thanks .. It reboots immediately after loading the HID.. Looking like it's about to load the game. I ran the newest HIDTest with my PS3 controller & it responded great.

Try in revisions previous to that one.
Try r78, and lower ones if necessary until one of those boots and post which one booted normally since the last one you've been using was r50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car