Hacking Nintendont

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, well, well, Frontlines is again giving me a hard time. I got a few levels into the game and after the fourth level the game bugged out once again corrupting my save so that all my progress is no more. The only thing I did this time different was I changed the screen position in the GCN Bios screen. Really loving Nintendont/whatever the problem is right now.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, well, well, Frontlines is again giving me a hard time. I got a few levels into the game and after the fourth level the game bugged out once again corrupting my save so that all my progress is no more. The only thing I did this time different was I changed the screen position in the GCN Bios screen. Really loving Nintendont/whatever the problem is right now.
i never use any of the extra options just mcemu and that is it and i never ever once got a game to corrupt my save lol and i played countless games on nintendont.

changing stuff on the bios is kinda wierd since nintendont has the center option on the options, but like i always say every option is a hack of sorts for perfect compat is all off and auto except mcemu that can be on or off.

i played all medal of honnors and call of duty games on nintendont and i passed them all perfectly i think i might even got the saves on my hdd for them.

You already had screen position set on the first time it corrupted and you tryed it again so maybe that game is not compatible with screen position at all, some games also break when using width, or progressive or even widescreen becuase they ont like the code nintendont uses for them.

I see... I'm a computer science major and I've been interested in understanding how to modify games with little chunks of hex lol, its always been somewhat mysterious to me. Any guides you could link me to?
Problem is is not on the iso with hex you need an usb gecko and see the adresses in ram in real time and such, tbh i only heard about it i never even have an usb gecko to try it.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Never had any crashes issues at all (black screen/loud audible pitched sound) until I updated to V4.444. Anyone have V4.442, so I can revert back and test please?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Never had any crashes issues at all (black screen/loud audible pitched sound) until I updated to V4.444. Anyone have V4.442, so I can revert back and test please?
there are no chnages to general nintendont from 442 to 444, just a patch to dora the explorer and prince of persia something lol.

say the game your trying, is it md5 checked? take a picture of your nintendont settings.

Last edited by pedro702,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
there are no chnages to general nintendont from 442 to 444, just a patch to dora the explorer and prince of persia something lol.

say the game your trying, is it md5 checked? take a picture of your nintendont settings.

Managed to fix the issue. Turned out my SD card got corrupted somehow after connecting it to the PC, so I reformatted it and copied fresh files across and everything is back to normal.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!
I hope someone can help me fix my savefile for Baten Kaitos 1...
Have played through the first disc without any issue at all, all savefiles have worked flawless up until disc change.
After saving after the disc change I actually tried to load the game and that worked fine, this was yesterday.
Today it says corrupt memory card and asked to format it. GCMM says that too and I can extract som files but I can't get anything to work pass that.
I've tried other games and an really old savefile for Baiten Kaitos and everything else seems to work fine, just this 40+ hours savefile that don't.

I've uploaded the savefile here so anyone please give it a shot!

Attachments

• GKBP.rar
    211.8 KB · Views: 111

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I hope someone can help me fix my savefile for Baten Kaitos 1...
Have played through the first disc without any issue at all, all savefiles have worked flawless up until disc change.
After saving after the disc change I actually tried to load the game and that worked fine, this was yesterday.
Today it says corrupt memory card and asked to format it. GCMM says that too and I can extract som files but I can't get anything to work pass that.
I've tried other games and an really old savefile for Baiten Kaitos and everything else seems to work fine, just this 40+ hours savefile that don't.

I've uploaded the savefile here so anyone please give it a shot!
What version of Nintendont are you using? There was an issue with changing disc in on of the recent versions so updating to the latest version should fix the corruption issue provided you have a backup of the save before it was corrupted.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What version of Nintendont are you using? There was an issue with changing disc in on of the recent versions so updating to the latest version should fix the corruption issue provided you have a backup of the save before it was corrupted.
It's 4.436... f**k if it's all gone..
The latest backup is really old...

Thanks for your reply!

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One of the devs goofed up in the coding and since he didn't have any 2 disc games to test, the bug slipped through.
I just hope someone can fix the file.. that would have been great, last time this happend (same freaking game) a couple of years ago I had to start all over again which took a hear or two, got tired of starting over

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just hope someone can fix the file.. that would have been great, last time this happend (same freaking game) a couple of years ago I had to start all over again which took a hear or two, got tired of starting over
cant fix the file unfortunely becuas ethe bug was that the iso header got pasted inside the mc itself if you had saved on disc 2 you woould have formated the game and saved over the error im guessing you never saved after disc changing until shutdown.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cant fix the file unfortunely becuas ethe bug was that the iso header got pasted inside the mc itself if you had saved on disc 2 you woould have formated the game and saved over the error im guessing you never saved after disc changing until shutdown.
I did, after disc change I got to a save point right after. I even reloaded the savefile and it worked... Rhen I shut down the console and today it's corrupted. Beats me...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did, after disc change I got to a save point right after. I even reloaded the savefile and it worked... Rhen I shut down the console and today it's corrupted. Beats me...
probably did some disc change stuff when loading from disc 2 and yeah that bug was fixed but your save is forever lost due to being completely writen over with the iso header just looked at it, there is no saving it all i can say is update to latest nintendont and start over or find some save on the net with half game done or something.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
probably did some disc change stuff when loading from disc 2 and yeah that bug was fixed but your save is forever lost due to being completely writen over with the iso header just looked at it, there is no saving it all i can say is update to latest nintendont and start over or find some save on the net with half game done or something.
Is it safe then with an updated version of Nintendont?

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read nintendont wont load if there is two usb connected, but those are for drives right? I have one Wii U drive and the other is just the Wii U pro charger cable, would nintendont still boot or I still have to have only one usb slot used and the other free?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I read nintendont wont load if there is two usb connected, but those are for drives right? I have one Wii U drive and the other is just the Wii U pro charger cable, would nintendont still boot or I still have to have only one usb slot used and the other free?
obviously is 2 hdds , usb controlls do work alongside hdd so unless you have 2 hdds/flashdrvies or whatever is where the issues happen.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a Nintendon't forwarder for Haxchi or perhaps a Wii U channel menu forwarder?

It would really save the hassle of having to go into vWii every time with a Wii remote and then switching to the Wii U Pro Controller.

Last edited by Maxbeta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1