Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It does it literally every time the game is launched through Nintendont. Whether its from usb stick, sd card, burnt dvd, or official disc. Every way through Nintendont, this problem happens.

It does not happen if launched from the disc channel or launched from Gamecube Launcher.

It only happens from Nintendont, every single method from Nintendont.
like i said its either a corrupt nintendont boot.dol or your wiu has some damaged component that nintendont uses and the actual mios doesnt use.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't have enough RAM to properly use anything that large with emuMC. Games that are memory intensive have issues when used with 1019 emuMC. That's the reason that there is a warning when trying to create a emuMC of 1019 blocks or larger.

Using memory-mapped files would make it possible to use any size card file but I'm not sure if devkitPro supports it.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, but most games probably use floats to determine the position and scale factors for each HUD texture, so you need to adjust those floats for every single HUD element in each game you want to have a proper widescreen mode. Most widescreen hacks just change the FOV so that the 3D elements display at the correct AR, while all HUD elements remain stretched/misaligned.

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
My current Nintendont installation on my Wii U dates back to 2015. According to the meta.xml, it's FIX94, 3.352

Is there any point in me updating? At the moment it works flawlessly with my original games backed up and the saves taken from my original GC memory card. That's in conjunction with (presumably) an out of date version of Wiiflow.

I think (from reading the 1st post again) I must be using the Mastermod version. Is that still updated?

Last edited by tpformbh,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My current Nintendont installation on my Wii U dates back to 2015. According to the meta.xml, it's FIX94, 3.352

Is there any point in me updating? At the moment it works flawlessly with my original games backed up and the saves taken from my original GC memory card. That's in conjunction with (presumably) an out of date version of Wiiflow.

I think (from reading the 1st post again) I must be using the Mastermod version. Is that still updated?
it has more fixes to some obsucure games and such, who knows if you will try them out someday, i would update to 4.436.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Game : n/a
Describe Issue : USB drive, formatted to fat32, can't be read by Nintendon't and crashes Nintendon't even though Nintendon't worked with a 16gb USB drive with the SAME FILES AND FOLDERS
Region : EUR
Wii/Wii U : Wii U
Nintendont revision : Lastest one
Last known working revision (if any) : n/a
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : n/a
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB disk on key
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Maikou 64gb USB disk on key 2 in 1
ISO 1:1/compressed : n/a
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : n/a
Native on/off : n/a
Controller used if Native off : n/a
Composite/Component/HDMI: n/a
Anything else you want to explain: The new USB drive works with USB Loader GX fine

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game : n/a
Describe Issue : USB drive, formatted to fat32, can't be read by Nintendon't and crashes Nintendon't even though Nintendon't worked with a 16gb USB drive with the SAME FILES AND FOLDERS
Region : EUR
Wii/Wii U : Wii U
Nintendont revision : Lastest one
Last known working revision (if any) : n/a
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : n/a
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB disk on key
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Maikou 64gb USB disk on key 2 in 1
ISO 1:1/compressed : n/a
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : n/a
Native on/off : n/a
Controller used if Native off : n/a
Composite/Component/HDMI: n/a
Anything else you want to explain: The new USB drive works with USB Loader GX fine
since you are on wiiu is your usb device an hdd?

wiiu has a defective power supply so if your usb cant get enought power you need either a ycable or an hdd/usb device with its own power source.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No. It is a usb stick.
It is recognized in USB Loader GX.. So power supply is not the problem
well not all usb sticks are compatible with nintendont, i got 2 8gb ones that dont work at all, usb sticks are a hit and miss on most homebrew stuff, just becuase it works for usbloader gx doesnt mean it works for nintendont tough.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
well not all usb sticks are compatible with nintendont, i got 2 8gb ones that dont work at all, usb sticks are a hit and miss on most homebrew stuff, just becuase it works for usbloader gx doesnt mean it works for nintendont tough.
I don't think.. If it works with USB Loader GX it has to work with Nintendon't. I don't see why it won't be recognized

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any way to change it from the source?
nintendont does not have a standard usb code like most homebrew apps, the nintendont runs a slower processor the usb code is custom and severly shrunken in order to work so you cant just use usbloader gx code on nintendont it woudlnt work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol