Hacking Nintendont

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. I have Nintendont setup, although my ISOS have been scrubbed with the GCTool, because the first times I tried, Nintendont wouldn't read the original untouched isos, but it would read my scrubbed ISOS fine. I guess that's okay. But I'm having some issues with a few games (not all) where the game resets the whole Wii U, is it because I'm using a scrubbed ISO? I wouldn't mind going back to plain .iso but it just somehow didn't work the first time..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I have Nintendont setup, although my ISOS have been scrubbed with the GCTool, because the first times I tried, Nintendont wouldn't read the original untouched isos, but it would read my scrubbed ISOS fine. I guess that's okay. But I'm having some issues with a few games (not all) where the game resets the whole Wii U, is it because I'm using a scrubbed ISO? I wouldn't mind going back to plain .iso but it just somehow didn't work the first time..
yup when the wiiu or wii gets reseted its a bad iso that is desaligned due to being shrunken.

it didnt detected your untoched isos becuase theyw erent named "game.iso" probably which they becamed after the shrunking.

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They were named game.iso. Funny enough, the scrubbed ISOs are labeled like that. Maybe it's because they didn't have the name and ID of the database originally?

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Actually.. it might be that. I think I named them game.iso.iso

Can I turn scrubbed ISOs back into full ISOS? I don't think so, right? Without the md5..? It would be a pain to redownload all the games.

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, me and my friend did just that. Everything is correct. We have an USB. We have a games folder. inside that folder we've got the games folder, with their name and ID just as they are in the database. And inside, game.iso. And not .iso.iso, just plain "game" and still, he has the same issue I use to have before I trimmed my ISOS; it just doesn't detect/read them (Nintendont, though USBLoader detects them).. it says (to him, probably to me too but I haven't checked)"Missing USB:/games.dir" but it really doesn't, evertyhing is alright.. I dunno why but only by trimming my games the tool I've been able to play some games.. :/

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, me and my friend did just that. Everything is correct. We have an USB. We have a games folder. inside that folder we've got the games folder, with their name and ID just as they are in the database. And inside, game.iso. And not .iso.iso, just plain "game" and still, he has the same issue I use to have before I trimmed my ISOS; it just doesn't detect/read them (Nintendont, though USBLoader detects them).. it says (to him, probably to me too but I haven't checked)"Missing USB:/games.dir" but it really doesn't, evertyhing is alright.. I dunno why but only by trimming my games the tool I've been able to play some games.. :/
take some pictures of your setup im guessing your putting the folders wrong

it should simply be
usb root folder named games
inside that make a folder named anything like mario kart
and inside the mario kart folder just put the game.iso file.

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's exactly it.

sQSzNUB.png

PKqReSV.png

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's exactly it.

sQSzNUB.png

PKqReSV.png
and inside one of those folders is for sure a single file named game? since you didnt take the picture inside one of the games folder. and you have hidden extensions so your game only needs to be called "game" nothing else.

also what nintendont version are you using? the latest is 436, try deleting your ninconfig bin while you are at it.

Last edited by pedro702,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nintendont was edited not to long ago so it would accept game.iso.iso as it only cares about the characters after the last ".". I forget who made that change.

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I believe Nintendont was edited not to long ago so it would accept game.iso.iso as it only cares about the characters after the last ".". I forget who made that change.

That is not the issue. I grabbed a new ISO, clean with "game" and it worked to me, but I dunno why it works now, but didn't work the first time I set up Nintendont. I still don't know how I can make my friend fix his issue with Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO