Hacking Nintendont

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks worm28, but the problem is within Nintendont, because every revision before June 18 is working fine. I tried many builds today and could find that the problem starts with June 18 (Version 4).
I think there is some problem with re-initializing the hdd, because crashes always happen at "Initializing storage devices"...

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks worm28, but the problem is within Nintendont, because every revision before June 18 is working fine. I tried many builds today and could find that the problem starts with June 18 (Version 4).
I think there is some problem with re-initializing the hdd, because crashes always happen at "Initializing storage devices"...
I haven't had much time to look at Nintendont recently, but I will definitely take a look at this sometime this week. (I've always been loading Nintendont directly from HBC, so I never ran into this.)

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many thanks GerbilSoft! Take your time of course, perhaps you'll find something. If you need any further information let me know and I'll help if I can.

Last edited by geheim,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, fair. Another advantage is that there are some games that have bonus features if a save from another game is present

I guess I'm really just sitting here trying to justify my single RAW file, since I ripped it from my physical memory card and dont want to break it up lol
You're not alone, I prefer having one separate MC file anyway, it makes it easier to find your saves when you want to import/export them or back them up, also like you said, extra bonus.

nintendont is a wii mode app so no... its like saying you want usbloader to run via loadiine lol, wii apps are not wiiu apps they are totaly diferent, if it was that easy then we would have all wii homebrew ported to wiiu mode by now.
Fair enough, now can I request to add support on Nintendont to run my toaster? I like to play games while eating a sandwich.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Man, I can't find my post on this thread that I have problem with F-Zero GX because it crash when second intro game company appear. Someone told me that I have to delete save data for homebrew channel because I install color theme for homebrew. I didn't know color theme effect to Nintendont won't run perfectly like F-Zero GX. Can someone tell me again what should I do? I know someone told me about this but I want make sure if this is right what I remember. If I am wrong, then please tell me what I should do. Also I tried to find this thread that someone replied to me but it didn't show the list on my profile unless they did change that I didn't know.
well did f zero worked before the color change or you didnt tryed it before? also i remenber f zero si imcompatible with the width option so maybe try turning it off.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
You're not alone, I prefer having one separate MC file anyway, it makes it easier to find your saves when you want to import/export them or back them up, also like you said, extra bonus.

Fair enough, now can I request to add support on Nintendont to run my toaster? I like to play games while eating a sandwich.

There's already cookers running Adreno gpu that take pictures / video of your food whilst cooking
that are powerful enough to run Dolphin.

Jebob

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've been trying for hours editing the source files and recompiling trying to swap the hardcoded plus and minus buttons on the CC (The W007 maps minus to one press of the start button and plus to two in quick succession). So far I've had no luck. Is it even possible or do I just suck at understanding C?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've been trying for hours editing the source files and recompiling trying to swap the hardcoded plus and minus buttons on the CC (The W007 maps minus to one press of the start button and plus to two in quick succession). So far I've had no luck. Is it even possible or do I just suck at understanding C?
you need to Edit both /kernel/Bt.c and /loader/source/ppc/padreadgc.c
in BT.c you switch the swapping button
in PadreadGC you switch the mapping

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
USB Loader GX doesn't use the config file. It sends the settings as a binary argument when it launches Nintendont.
Yeah, what i want to say was that the usb loader gx lost his config file (or it was resetted to default) then he didn't send the settings (as binary argument) to Nintendont ;)

But the problem is another: with Nintendont v 3.387 i can correctly force in both widescreen and progressive the games that are compatible using "video mode: force to 480 P" (or "progressive patch ON", i have the same result) and "Force widescreen ON", but this doesn't happen when i use Nintendont 4.421, i have a black screen, doesn't matter what kind of patch or video mode that i use, or if i enable these options and boot the games from USB Loader GX or directly from Nintendont, i halways have a black screen.

Someone has some hints?

Last edited by Zonta85,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, what i want to say was that the usb loader gx lost his config file (or it was resetted to default) then he didn't send the settings (as binary argument) to Nintendont ;)

But the problem is another: with Nintendont v 3.387 i can correctly force in both widescreen and progressive the games that are compatible using "video mode: force to 480 P" (or "progressive patch ON", i have the same result) and "Force widescreen ON", but this doesn't happen when i use Nintendont 4.421, i have a black screen, doesn't matter what kind of patch or video mode that i use, or if i enable these options and boot the games from USB Loader GX or directly from Nintendont, i halways have a black screen.

Someone has some hints?
try forcing ntsc or atleast pal60 videomodes alongside the force progressive.

im guessing you think the force progressive is working when its probably doing squat, a bug was fixed on the videopatch that now it actualy works so before im guessing you are getting the standard stuff and now that its actualy works you need to have a 60hz videomode forced to run progressive patch atleast.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
try forcing ntsc or atleast pal60 videomodes alongside the force progressive.

im guessing you think the force progressive is working when its probably doing squat, a bug was fixed on the videopatch that now it actualy works so before im guessing you are getting the standard stuff and now that its actualy works you need to have a 60hz videomode forced to run progressive patch atleast.

I will try, but with the older version my Samsung television correctly displays the resolution info "720x480 @60" instead of "720x480i @60" (if i use the 60 hz option, no matter if selected in game or trough loader) or "720x576i @50" (when the game runs only at 50hz and without progressive patch), then i have to assume that or my television is drunk or that the patch worked in the older versions and not right now.
Help.

Last edited by Zonta85,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well did f zero worked before the color change or you didnt tryed it before? also i remenber f zero si imcompatible with the width option so maybe try turning it off.
No I already tried it, it still crash. I need make sure that if I remember someone told me that I have to delete Homebrew channel save data because I install Homebrew Channel color theme make effect to some games in Nintendont is not working well. I want to play F-Zero GX but it crash in second intro game company.

Here is video really what happen.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No I already tried it, it still crash. I need make sure that if I remember someone told me that I have to delete Homebrew channel save data because I install Homebrew Channel color theme make effect to some games in Nintendont is not working well. I want to play F-Zero GX but it crash in second intro game company.
why are you using 391 if the latest is 421? thats 30 versions behind! next up, why are you having video mode set to "None", how the hell do you expect that to actually work, at least set it to "Auto" so nintendont does its thing on it.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy

Someone has some hints?

I will try, but with the older version my Samsung television correctly displays the resolution info "720x480 @60" instead of "720x480i @60" (if i use the 60 hz option, no matter if selected in game or trough loader) or "720x576i @50" (when the game runs only at 50hz and without progressive patch), then i have to assume that or my television is drunk or that the patch worked in the older versions and not right now.
Help.

No ideas?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you using 391 if the latest is 421? thats 30 versions behind! next up, why are you having video mode set to "None", how the hell do you expect that to actually work, at least set it to "Auto" so nintendont does its thing on it.
Even new version, it still crash.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No ideas? (Excuse me for the double post)
no ideas for what? did you try forcing ntsc videomode alongside forced progressive?

Even new version, it still crash.
well then you have to deal with removing your homebrew channel coloring thing you can probably delete homebrew channel save in the save manager and then delete the homebrew channel channel and then reinstall the channel again.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I tried and it doesn' work, no matter if i use pal 60 or force ntsc alongside force progressive.
But as isa id, with the older versions (3.386, 3.387) using the options force progressive or force pal 480p my television in the resolution info correctly displays "720x640 @60" then i don't understand what is wrong with new version or where i'm wrong. As i said, i have this problem no matter if i load directly through Nintendont or via Usb Loader Gx

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried and it doesn' work, no matter if i use pal 60 or force ntsc alongside force progressive.
But as isa id, with the older versions (3.386, 3.387) using the options force progressive or force pal 480p my television in the resolution info correctly displays "720x640 @60" then i don't understand what is wrong with new version or where i'm wrong. As i said, i have this problem no matter if i load directly through Nintendont or via Usb Loader Gx

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/204

There's no such thing as 480p PAL, the PAL equivalent is 576p which Nintendon't currently doesn't do
and I don't think it supports some hybrid mode like 480p with PAL timing like PAL60 so
enabling progressive on PAL is useless, it's only used to force 480p on NTSC.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/204

There's no such thing as 480p PAL, the PAL equivalent is 576p which Nintendon't currently doesn't do
and I don't think it supports some hybrid mode like 480p with PAL timing like PAL60 so
enabling progressive on PAL is useless, it's only used to force 480p on NTSC.
I think everyone here seems to be confusing what "NTSC" and "PAL" are.

NTSC and PAL are color encodings. By themselves, they have nothing to do with video timing, only how the color subcarrier is encoded. Remove it, and you get a black and white picture.

"480i" and "576i" are defined video timings that specify how many lines per frame and how many frames per second are drawn. Usually, NTSC is paired with 480i, and PAL is paired with 576i. It is entirely possible to use PAL with 480i (aka "PAL60"), and NTSC with 576i (but no one does this).

On GameCube and Wii, there's two versions of 480i: NTSC and PAL. The video timings are identical, but the NTSC version uses NTSC color encoding while the PAL version uses PAL color encoding. In addition, Nintendo decided to save some pins and overlay the S-Video and RGB functionality such that if using an NTSC mode, S-Video is enabled, but if using a PAL mode, RGB is enabled. This is why SCART users end up with a red-tinted screen when running an NTSC game unless they force a PAL video mode.

Finally, there's 480p and 576p. These don't work with NTSC or PAL encodings at all; they're only supported on GameCube and Wii if you use the component cables. Hence, there is no "NTSC" 480p or "PAL" 480p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1