Hacking Nintendont

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe it needs to be 32K or 64K clusters.

yeah it's 32k from everything I've read .. anyway I've just formatted another drive as such and just putting some games on it and will give it a go, we shall see soon lol Cheers for the help thus far :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah it's 32k from everything I've read .. anyway I've just formatted another drive as such and just putting some games on it and will give it a go, we shall see soon lol Cheers for the help thus far :)
some usb flashdrives might not work nintendont usb code isnt 100% compat you should try an hdd wich most of them work great.

Amani

Someone who wants to get banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an error message on Nintendont saying "The Disc Cover is open. If you want to continue the game, please close the Disc Cover." How can I fix this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got an error message on Nintendont saying "The Disc Cover is open. If you want to continue the game, please close the Disc Cover." How can I fix this?
lol never saw that message ever lol are you using real discs intead of isos or something?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you might want to clean your drive laser then because the disc drive hit an error then and because I have a extra-layer of security in nintendont it wont force quit your game but instead just give you the message that the disc cover is open, preventing you from loosing progress.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some usb flashdrives might not work nintendont usb code isnt 100% compat you should try an hdd wich most of them work great.

This is all fixed now I think, i formatted a 32gb usb stick as FAT32 with cluster of 32kb and Nintendont is loading games fine now :) :)
Many thanks for your help (and others) on this pedro ... cheers

timerwin63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to make an account so I could ask this, as I didn't find an answer that would fix my problem with Google. Every time I try to load a game from USB, it asks me to copy it to the SD card instead of simply launching. My flash drive is formatted to FAT32 w/ 32K clusters (by Wii Backup Manager), installs of anything homebrew are new as of Saturday, all of my paths are set correctly (to my knowledge), and I don't have any weird custom settings, but for some reason, it simply won't let me play directly off my flash drive. If I had a bigger SD card, it wouldn't really be a problem, but I don't want to have to load and clear a game on my 2GB card any time I want to play something, y'know? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Does it matter that I'm using USB Loader GX? I can test it by launching from the Homebrew channel, too, if it matters.

Last edited by timerwin63,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a 1.5 or 2TB HDD that is MBR and small enough to fit in place of a Wii disc drive. Any recommendations?

Alternatively, I've read that it is possible to convert a GPT drive to MBR. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26203-convert-gpt-disk-mbr-disk.html

Can anyone verify if Nintendont will work after doing this?
I believe GPT support was added a while ago.

Decided to make an account so I could ask this, as I didn't find an answer that would fix my problem with Google. Every time I try to load a game from USB, it asks me to copy it to the SD card instead of simply launching. My flash drive is formatted to FAT32 w/ 32K clusters (by Wii Backup Manager), installs of anything homebrew are new as of Saturday, all of my paths are set correctly (to my knowledge), and I don't have any weird custom settings, but for some reason, it simply won't let me play directly off my flash drive. If I had a bigger SD card, it wouldn't really be a problem, but I don't want to have to load and clear a game on my 2GB card any time I want to play something, y'know? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Does it matter that I'm using USB Loader GX? I can test it by launching from the Homebrew channel, too, if it matters.
I would load it directly from Homebrew Channel first to make sure everything IS setup correctly and to rule out the possibility that USB Loader GX is causing an issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

yeah it matters you have an old usbloadergx or something if you launch nintendont directly from the homebrew channel it will read usb normaly.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
64k clusters work on my 3TB drive.
I just bought a 2TB WD My Elements HDD and formatted it to Fat32 32K, I let it copy all night and I took your advice and made a copy with the "games" folder first, I thought better safe than sorry, I'm on my way to go to work now so I'll have to test the hard drive later, just thought I'd mention this.

Reactions: Clutz450

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I just finished doing some quick testing, aside from a couple of issues I ran into (one is not related to the bigger HDD apparently) everything else seems to work fine, I will report though that the BG Mod doesn't seem to work with my new HDD, crashes while it's trying to load the game, the official Nintendont works fine though!

Reactions: Clutz450

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe GPT support was added a while ago.

I would load it directly from Homebrew Channel first to make sure everything IS setup correctly and to rule out the possibility that USB Loader GX is causing an issue.
The OP says otherwise. Plus, I just got done testing one, and neither my Wiiflow forwarder nor Nintendont could recognize the drive.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP says otherwise. Plus, I just got done testing one, and neither my Wiiflow forwarder nor Nintendont could recognize the drive.
I added GPT support in a few patches recently. If you have a GPT-partitioned drive and it isn't being recognized, can you dump the first 34 sectors so I can examine the partition table and figure out why it's not working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi