Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I check it? It's this one. Don't know anything about an additional encryption.

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/main.c#159
error -3 means it could not mount the FAT partition, the nintendont kernel (running the game) uses a different FAT driver which is not as forgiving as the one used in the loader, so maybe you really should try to completely reformat the drive with something like easeus partition manager just to make sure the partition table is as simple as possible to read for the kernel.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How can I check it? It's this one. Don't know anything about an additional encryption.
did you try switching usb door btw? sometimes that helps, we got a user afew days ago that had a damaged usb door so its possible.Also nintendont fat32 partition if you use partitions needs to be primary partition.

I dont know how to see the encription stuff, just saying here some users confirmed the new seagates hdds use an encription thing to make storage more effecient or something wich nintendont doesnt like.

My sugestion is get a flash drive/pen drive or even an SD card and test your exact same setup with a game or two if they work then its your hdd that isnt compatible with nintendont sadly.

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/main.c#159
error -3 means it could not mount the FAT partition, the nintendont kernel (running the game) uses a different FAT driver which is not as forgiving as the one used in the loader, so maybe you really should try to completely reformat the drive with something like easeus partition manager just to make sure the partition table is as simple as possible to read for the kernel.

Does that mean, the complete drive or only the FAT32 part of the drive? Since I also have a second partition with all my Wii games, which is NTFS.
did you try switching usb door btw? sometimes that helps, we got a user afew days ago that had a damaged usb door so its possible.Also nintendont fat32 partition if you use partitions needs to be primary partition.

I dont know how to see the encription stuff, just saying here some users confirmed the new seagates hdds use an encription thing to make storage more effecient or something wich nintendont doesnt like.

My sugestion is get a flash drive/pen drive or even an SD card and test your exact same setup with a game or two if they work then its your hdd that isnt compatible with nintendont sadly.

I thought nintendont only works with one USB port? I could try switching... mom

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does that mean, the complete drive or only the FAT32 part of the drive? Since I also have a second partition with all my Wii games, which is NTFS.

to be 100% sure to let it working you should use a FAT32 partition as the first partition using MBR as partition table, you can have a NTSC as second partition if you really need to, it should work.

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the fat32 set for primary?

Of course it is. Also switching didn't worked.
to be 100% sure to let it working you should use a FAT32 partition as the first partition using MBR as partition table, you can have a NTSC as second partition if you really need to, it should work.

Did exactly this. First partition FAT32, MBR partition table, NTFS second partion, MBR aswell.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... do only those two partitions show up in disk manager on your computer? some external drives have a hidden virtual CD partition to hold the software they come with.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NES is the only Nintendo console to not use S-video (well, also the SNES model 2 and Wii Mini, for some reason).

Ah, ok, thanks. I now know for a fact that I was thinking of the NES and SNES, for some reason I was getting the GameCube mixed up with the Hyperkin Retron 5? I dunno man, migraines suck :P

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a Wii U formatted drive to my system recently and to my surprise Nintendont stopped booting, though everything else still works fine. Reading the OP I see this is something Nintendont ... doesn't do. Is there no custom build that fixes this? The vWii drive is a ustealth drive if that's possibly causing the problem

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I added a Wii U formatted drive to my system recently and to my surprise Nintendont stopped booting, though everything else still works fine. Reading the OP I see this is something Nintendont ... doesn't do. Is there no custom build that fixes this? The vWii drive is a ustealth drive if that's possibly causing the problem
you cant have 2 drives connected on the wiiu so just disconnect the wiiu drive when you want to use nintendont its that simple.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
you cant have 2 drives connected on the wiiu so just disconnect the wiiu drive when you want to use nintendont its that simple.
what if the wii u drive is connected to the front usb ports? i have a 16gb tiny thumb drive that works on the front ports.... will that clash with nintendont drive plugged into the back?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what if the wii u drive is connected to the front usb ports? i have a 16gb tiny thumb drive that works on the front ports.... will that clash with nintendont drive plugged into the back?
why cant you just unplug it when using nintendont? it isnt that hard lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
plugging vWii on port1 and WiiU on port0 lets you keep both drives connected at the same time with nintendont.
But it will creates issues with other homebrew expecting vWii on port0, so it's not the solution and you'd better disconnect the drive instead of trying to tweak all other homebrew setups.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Its tiny thumb drive and a pain to pull in and out of a usb port. Its usually plugged in the front usb ports
even easier to remove you dont even need to reach the back lol, serious people get lazier every day, it will be the day someone will ask i want nintendont to start my console and choose my game all by mind control becuase i dont fell like clicking the On button and choose the games.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
even easier to remove you dont even need to reach the back lol, serious people get lazier every day, it will be the day someone will ask i want nintendont to start my console and choose my game all by mind control becuase i dont fell like clicking the On button and choose the games.
i just told you it was not easy to remove because it's tiny... can you understand that?

it's got nothing to do with laziness, I was just asking if it was possible with the usb ports at the front being used rather than usb0 usb1 at the back.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just told you it was not easy to remove because it's tiny... can you understand that?

it's got nothing to do with laziness, I was just asking if it was possible with the usb ports at the front being used rather than usb0 usb1 at the back.

The front USB ports are ports 2 and 3. IOS 58 mounts only one USB drive and searches in descending order, so if you have a Wii U formatted drive on a higher port than your Wii/GameCube homebrew drive, it will attempt to mount that instead and cause obvious issues

Reactions: 75mak

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

every usb port works the issue isnt the usb port but two drives connected at the same time, incase you didnt understand.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Tamales exist. +1