Nintendont

By sabykos, Jun 10, 2013 6,975,057 40,406 159

1. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Thanks, I'll try again and see if it works, I just bought a y-cable (well technically it's a 3 male y-cable + 2 female cable connected together) maybe this could help? If not maybe someone can give me a save file to test it and see if I can get past that save screen and get the game running again, otherwise I'll have no choice but to use an old version of Nintendont for this game along with both Phantasy Star Online games.

2. sonictopfan

Trying to increase compatibility is good and all, but you don't have to wear yourself off like that, compatibility is already great with Nintendont, keep in mind that Dios Mios doesn't have half the support Nintendont does, so that's a huge progress in my book, I have a few HHDs that don't work with DM but work fine with Nin.

In fact, why not edit the first post to include recommended Hard Drives for Wii/WiiU that should work fine with Nintendont that been tested with users? From my testing WD My Passport and WD Essential work fine on Wii, My Essential doesn't work with DM btw.

3. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    We also don't know if the issue is with the drive itself or the enclosure's SATA to USB controller.

4. sonictopfan

FIX94 I just tested F-Zero AX again, I don't know wither it's the y-cable or because I decided to mess up with the test menu before starting the game, or maybe it's just luck, but I got the game to save and load fine, started it multiple times and played a few races, seems to work fine, thanks!

I must have missed this post earlier, I use an av cable with a regular Wii and I still can't get either one of the games to work past 2.284 can somebody confirm if it's really the video cable?

5. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Cote d'Ivoire
    It's possible to launch nintendont while a Wii U formatted USB device is plugged, yet?

I use HDMI and couldn't load the game with revs over r285.

sonictopfan likes this.
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    PSO its not the cable i tryed both on my wii with the default cables and wiiu with hdmi and same issue

sonictopfan likes this.
  7. sonictopfan

Thanks for testing, guys, I guess it's not the cable then, I tested with OSReport on, bios on and off, real MC, same results.

Thank you for the save, the irony is my save is completely the opposite, I have completed 50cc "both normal and reverse" also with Toad, but yours has 100cc completed "both normal and reverse" and 150cc finished "normal only" would be cool if you would share your progress if you get to finish more in the future, thanks again for the save.

Question though, aside from saving your score in F-Zero AX is there any need for the memory card?

8. STONEDSTONER

STONEDSTONER Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Hi im trying to get it to work with USB loader GX

The only options i have on Loader settings/Gamecube Mode are MIOS and Devolution?? Nintendont is no where to be seen?

On Custom Paths there is nothing really there to change path to Nintendont?

Please help

Also awesome program!!! great to use classic controller and VMC and keep the lids down!

9. strikerdark

strikerdark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    make sure you download the newest version from Cyan 's signature

STONEDSTONER likes this.
  10. STONEDSTONER

STONEDSTONER Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    thanks!! durp i was using 1209

11. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Does that have to do also with the little sound struggle that Melee sometimes has when selecting a character?
    You hear a beep noise for like less than a sec.
    Is it something similar with Rogue?

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    no, ssbm is due to memory card acessing the ping hdd is a totaly diferent story.

13. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. :)

14. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

unlikely
    :ph34r:'ed

15. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    This cannot be right. There are games with issues with emu mc writing(usually when it's right before a streamed video plays) but Melee has those bleeps with a real memory card enabled too. I just tried without any mc but it would give me too many "an error has occurred" messages that I could not confirm it. The bleeps can also happen at any time in the CSS so unless Melee writes every few seconds (which does not make sense) it's not related.

16. alzen

alzen Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Nintendon't developers, is it possible for you to add autostart option for selected game? please?

IMO the easiest way to do it is for user to place a file(let's say autoboot.ini) in the /games folder containing the selected game's folder name. So, if you want to start Super Mario Sunshine and you have it in SMS folder(and game.iso inside it of course) you just create autoboot.ini with "SMS" inside. To turn autoboot of just remove the file or leave it empty.

Would be great if you can add such a small thing :).

How about that?

17. Chunbe

Chunbe Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Hi! Just here to ask a couple of things.

1) With Native Controller = Off using a Gamecube controller on the original Wii, the analog stick seems to be off center slightly to the right even when the stick is neutral. I've tested this with the F-Zero GX controller calibration tool and Melee's credits game. The same thing happens with a brand new GC Smash controller. However, the issue does not occur with Native Controller = On. But that disables the return to loader button combo which I use frequently. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this?

2) The attract sounds for Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 are disabled? No sounds are playing while it's running. I've checked the test menu and the attract sound volume is at the default 8. Is it possible to reenable them?

That's all for now, and thanks a bunch to those who worked on this!

18. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    This already exists?... Just enable autoboot and select a game. The next time you launch Nintendont, that game will automatically boot up without having to select it (hence the setting title "autoboot")

19. alzen

alzen Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hmm, yes that's correct - sorry, didn't see it but I wasn't really searching :). Great, you even made canceling autoboot easier than I thought.

Thank you.

20. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    so I did some analyzation today of the probelmatic usb device and the chances as of right now are slim to get it to work the way nintendont is currently operating. Basically it fails to reinitialize the device, in order to solve that I would most likely somehow directly have to load the kernel as soon as the loader starts which requires me rewriting a bunch of stuff.

ALSINJAN, bobmcjr, Troopage and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont,