Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Unlikely, keep in mind that they are still hdds which freeze on init di, I only have one which fails on init storage.
Trying to increase compatibility is good and all, but you don't have to wear yourself off like that, compatibility is already great with Nintendont, keep in mind that Dios Mios doesn't have half the support Nintendont does, so that's a huge progress in my book, I have a few HHDs that don't work with DM but work fine with Nin.

In fact, why not edit the first post to include recommended Hard Drives for Wii/WiiU that should work fine with Nintendont that been tested with users? From my testing WD My Passport and WD Essential work fine on Wii, My Essential doesn't work with DM btw.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to increase compatibility is good and all, but you don't have to wear yourself off like that, compatibility is already great with Nintendont, keep in mind that Dios Mios doesn't have half the support Nintendont does, so that's a huge progress in my book, I have a few HHDs that don't work with DM but work fine with Nin.

In fact, why not edit the first post to include recommended Hard Drives for Wii/WiiU that should work fine with Nintendont that been tested with users? From my testing WD My Passport and WD Essential work fine on Wii, My Essential doesn't work with DM btw.

We also don't know if the issue is with the drive itself or the enclosure's SATA to USB controller.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 I just tested F-Zero AX again, I don't know wither it's the y-cable or because I decided to mess up with the test menu before starting the game, or maybe it's just luck, but I got the game to save and load fine, started it multiple times and played a few races, seems to work fine, thanks!

My issue occurs when using Wii Component audio/video cables with 2.284 or higher and PSO I&II Plus. As no one else ever stated if they were using the component a/v or composite a/v, I have no idea if their problem is actually the same as mine. r2.283 has been working fine for me so I haven't been testing any of the newer versions since 2.287. I'll check again in a little while once I get done filing my taxes.

Edit: Just tested 2.296 and the problem still exists when using my component cables. if I switch to using composite a/v cables, PSO I&II Plus works fine.
I must have missed this post earlier, I use an av cable with a regular Wii and I still can't get either one of the games to work past 2.284 can somebody confirm if it's really the video cable?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's possible to launch nintendont while a Wii U formatted USB device is plugged, yet?

sonictopfan said:
I must have missed this post earlier, I use an av cable with a regular Wii and I still can't get either one of the games to work past 2.284 can somebody confirm if it's really the video cable?
I use HDMI and couldn't load the game with revs over r285.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible to launch nintendont while a Wii U formatted USB device is plugged, yet?

I use HDMI and couldn't load the game with revs over r285.
PSO its not the cable i tryed both on my wii with the default cables and wiiu with hdmi and same issue
Thanks for testing, guys, I guess it's not the cable then, I tested with OSReport on, bios on and off, real MC, same results.

maybe check your hdd for errors, it never failed for me. Saving takes like 5 seconds for me and it never freezes the sound, just the picture.
Also I played some more GP2 and I just finished 150cc and got the ability to press b in a race to get into 1st person, looks pretty crazy, heres the save if anyone is interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fmdksf4smni04kh/GP2.bin
Thank you for the save, the irony is my save is completely the opposite, I have completed 50cc "both normal and reverse" also with Toad, but yours has 100cc completed "both normal and reverse" and 150cc finished "normal only" would be cool if you would share your progress if you get to finish more in the future, thanks again for the save.

Question though, aside from saving your score in F-Zero AX is there any need for the memory card?

STONEDSTONER

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi im trying to get it to work with USB loader GX

The only options i have on Loader settings/Gamecube Mode are MIOS and Devolution?? Nintendont is no where to be seen?

On Custom Paths there is nothing really there to change path to Nintendont?

Please help

Also awesome program!!! great to use classic controller and VMC and keep the lids down!

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im trying to get it to work with USB loader GX

The only options i have on Loader settings/Gamecube Mode are MIOS and Devolution?? Nintendont is no where to be seen?

On Custom Paths there is nothing really there to change path to Nintendont?

Please help

Also awesome program!!! great to use classic controller and VMC and keep the lids down!

make sure you download the newest version from Cyan 's signature

Reactions: STONEDSTONER

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So for ppl with rogue game and HDD noise I added an option in download menu to disable HDD pinging:
here's the test dol with hdd ping option: https://copy.com/EqDMivgfU7MVcPc0
it's enabled by default every 10 secs (I'll make it 2 mins if it works fine)
please check both options and let me know if all is cool
thanks
Does that have to do also with the little sound struggle that Melee sometimes has when selecting a character?
You hear a beep noise for like less than a sec.
Is it something similar with Rogue?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does that have to do also with the little sound struggle that Melee sometimes has when selecting a character?
You hear a beep noise for like less than a sec.
Is it something similar with Rogue?
no, ssbm is due to memory card acessing the ping hdd is a totaly diferent story.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
no, ssbm is due to memory card acessing...

This cannot be right. There are games with issues with emu mc writing(usually when it's right before a streamed video plays) but Melee has those bleeps with a real memory card enabled too. I just tried without any mc but it would give me too many "an error has occurred" messages that I could not confirm it. The bleeps can also happen at any time in the CSS so unless Melee writes every few seconds (which does not make sense) it's not related.

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendon't developers, is it possible for you to add autostart option for selected game? please?

IMO the easiest way to do it is for user to place a file(let's say autoboot.ini) in the /games folder containing the selected game's folder name. So, if you want to start Super Mario Sunshine and you have it in SMS folder(and game.iso inside it of course) you just create autoboot.ini with "SMS" inside. To turn autoboot of just remove the file or leave it empty.

Would be great if you can add such a small thing :).

How about that?

Chunbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi! Just here to ask a couple of things.

1) With Native Controller = Off using a Gamecube controller on the original Wii, the analog stick seems to be off center slightly to the right even when the stick is neutral. I've tested this with the F-Zero GX controller calibration tool and Melee's credits game. The same thing happens with a brand new GC Smash controller. However, the issue does not occur with Native Controller = On. But that disables the return to loader button combo which I use frequently. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this?

2) The attract sounds for Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 are disabled? No sounds are playing while it's running. I've checked the test menu and the attract sound volume is at the default 8. Is it possible to reenable them?

That's all for now, and thanks a bunch to those who worked on this!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon't developers, is it possible for you to add autostart option for selected game? please?

IMO the easiest way to do it is for user to place a file(let's say autoboot.ini) in the /games folder containing the selected game's folder name. So, if you want to start Super Mario Sunshine and you have it in SMS folder(and game.iso inside it of course) you just create autoboot.ini with "SMS" inside. To turn autoboot of just remove the file or leave it empty.

Would be great if you can add such a small thing :).

How about that?

This already exists?... Just enable autoboot and select a game. The next time you launch Nintendont, that game will automatically boot up without having to select it (hence the setting title "autoboot")

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm, yes that's correct - sorry, didn't see it but I wasn't really searching :). Great, you even made canceling autoboot easier than I thought.

Thank you.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I did some analyzation today of the probelmatic usb device and the chances as of right now are slim to get it to work the way nintendont is currently operating. Basically it fails to reinitialize the device, in order to solve that I would most likely somehow directly have to load the kernel as soon as the loader starts which requires me rewriting a bunch of stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1