Hacking Nintendont

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, of course I know that. I should have explained better. I may be a noob but it would really be a shame if I wouldn't know even that ;)
In the zip files I got there are only .bin files called ic1_ etc. There is no iso in them. Thats why I thought these bin files are be the game files and I wanted to know if it is possible to repack them to iso.
Thanks for your help!
The game has been extracted you need ISO format.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the latest revs it has file explorer. and yes the nintendont dol file is named boot.dol. if it crashes wiiflow or boots to system menu then maybe try deleteing your wiiflow.ini and try booting again. i take it nintendont works properly when loading it via homebrew channel?

Sorry should of been more clear. I am at the latest rev for both. It was just that I did not notice the file explorer option the whole time going through things. But yes, 1) standalone nintendont on wii menu, 2) launching with HBC, and 3) launching thorugh USB Loader GX all start the gamecube games properly.

It is only with Wiiflow that it doesn't work. I tried what you advised and delted the wiiflow.ini file and it did create a new one but the same error appears " "please load nintendont with AHBProt disabled"".

From what I can tell it seems that it wants me to bypass priiloader somehow as maybe it is enabling AHBProt automatically?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I can tell it seems that it wants me to bypass priiloader somehow as maybe it is enabling AHBProt automatically?

how exactly do you start wiiflow? you should use the priiloader loader and have the forwarder from the channel installer if you use priiloader.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I found a problem with Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006
when I have all the following cheats enabled together it hangs after the Triforce bootup and doesn't make it to the controller calibration.
All the codes work fine individually and various combinations of them together work, but like I said for some reason when there all enabled it hangs, I'm using cfg usb loader if it makes any difference.

Time set 5 minutes
004768E0 0000000A
004768E1 0000000A

Game difficulty very easy
004768DC 00000000

Virtual time real
004768DD 00000002

Event mode on
004768DE 00000001

Advertise sound on
004768DF 00000001

Golden Goal time 3 minutes
004768E2 00000007
004768E3 00000007

Penalty knockout system real pk - Only comes into effect during quarter / semi final stages.
004768E4 00000004
004768E5 00000004
so your issue is if you actiavte a crapton of cheats the game crashes? i dont see an issue, also game dificulty very easy? this seems to be one of those cheats you can drop as soon as you know how to play lol

Reactions: Adeka

TotakaK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experienced a crash playing Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 using the latest version. I had created a card for the first time, and played a race as pacman in the standard kart. I chose normal mode and played the first Waluigi course, and I won first place; It wasn't even close. On the victory screen it asked me to skip and I did, and upon fade-to-black the music began skipping and it stayed on the black screen. The system had to be hard shutdown.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
so your issue is if you actiavte a crapton of cheats the game crashes? i dont see an issue, also game dificulty very easy? this seems to be one of those cheats you can drop as soon as you know how to play lol

Hardly alot of codes, ive had 60+ codes enabled for various gc, wii games no problem, it's not like i'm enabling overcomplicated codes either that swap and change memory addreses, the memory addreses are already staticly reserved for the service menu, the only reason i'm using codes is because card support hasn't been added yet.

Prior to rev 286 it had problems getting past the calibration screen without any codes enabled and p1 & p2 controls where also mapping to the same controls and some of the in-game text was showing up as japanese instead of english, so I don't think the sole reason it's crashing now is because of all the above codes being enabled.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Question-I have the Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joybox that lets me connect a gamecube controller to my PC via USB. Can I use this with Nintendon't? Or even better the Wii U in general? I'd love to play SSB4 with it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Question-I have the Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joybox that lets me connect a gamecube controller to my PC via USB. Can I use this with Nintendon't? Or even better the Wii U in general? I'd love to play SSB4 with it.

Onle the official gc adapter for WiiU works for smash.
the mayflash adapter works for nintendont.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
fuck.

YAY. How would I get that set up? I doubt it's plug and play.

Install nintendont as intended and download the controller.ini pack from update section of the app.
Nintendont will then automatically load the correct controller file for your adapter.

Edit: :ph34r:

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^ I'm not complaining but I wonder why's it Mario Kart games get patches to stop the timer but not F-Zero? I'm still grateful and I can always use the cheat code for F-Zero I guess, still waiting for that announcement that fixes Sonic Riders crashing issues :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
^ I'm not complaining but I wonder why's it Mario Kart games get patches to stop the timer but not F-Zero?

Remember that a cheat is not a patch, a cheat just dynamically overwrites certain values on every frame the game runs so it just resets the timer over and over again, a patch actually modifies the game code so something like a timer doesnt even start. That makes most cheats pretty much useless from a permanent patch perspective.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the stuff for today:
-added proper widescreen patches to mario kart gp1 as well as gp2
-removed a few menu timers in mario kart gp1
-fixed the killer7 pal version running too fast

Is there a list of games with "proper" widescreen support? Is this new kind of widescreen any different from Dios Mios force Widescreen and Swiss? This looks like exciting stuff.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this new kind of widescreen any different from Dios Mios force Widescreen and Swiss?

Its pretty different yea, it makes sure theres not stuff missing on the left and right which with the other patches wouldnt be there. The reason for that is that its not some generic patch but actually one specifically for that game. I guess you would get a list of games I've added by looking into the PatchWidescreen.c history.

Reactions: mat128 and Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now