Hacking Nintendont

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I still had the aforementioned bug with 283 with PSO3 actually, though PSO 1+2 Plus worked fine (could just be that the bug isn't triggered every time). The bug was apparently introduced sometime after 273 because that revision works flawlessly with both as it used to.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
A small nitpick that's been bugging me since the beginning of this thread, it's "Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2 (Plus)" and "Phantasy Star Online Episode III", because there is already a game called "Phantasy Star Online 2" which was released on the Playstation Vita and it's a totally different game, and "Phantasy Star Online 3" is not even released.

Reactions: ccfman2004

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's the beauty of languages, most meaning is interpreted through context. In that sense, it is acceptable shorthand.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A small nitpick that's been bugging me since the beginning of this thread, it's "Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2 (Plus)" and "Phantasy Star Online Episode III", because there is already a game called "Phantasy Star Online 2" which was released on the Playstation Vita and it's a totally different game, and "Phantasy Star Online 3" is not even released.
why would anyone be talking about a vita game... there are only 2 pso for the gc so as long as you understand which one everyone is refering too its fine.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into this issue with Wiiflow only "please load nintendont with AHBProt disabled" error message!". However, Nintendont does launch Gamecube games if I use the USB loader GX. In the 1st post with instructions, it says this about it:

If you are launching nintendont from an external loader (Wiiflow, USBLoaderGX, etc.) and encounter this error, you are not launching the loader correctly. Don't launch it from priiloader auto-boot menu, go to The Homebrew channel and be sure your loader has a correct meta.xml file with the <ahb_access/> tag.
I am very new to hacking the Wii as I only did it last week. But I have figured out some stuff but this one is giving me a hard time to find a solution. On previous threads about this all of them ended with no solution or followup from the OP who had the issue.

Would anyone be able to explain what the above means to solve the error? In the HBC how do I check from there if Wiiflow has the correct meta.xml? The only way I know how to check the meta.xml is by taking it to my PC and viewing the files this way. On both Wiiflow and USB Loader GX both did not have the <ahb_access/> tag. So I added it in the Wiiflow meta but left the USB Loader GX alone since it was working without the tag.

My kids prefer Wiiflow as it is a bit easier for them to use along with having some themes that are very nice. Any advice is appreciated.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am running into this issue with Wiiflow only "please load nintendont with AHBProt disabled" error message!". However, Nintendont does launch Gamecube games if I use the USB loader GX. In the 1st post with instructions, it says this about it:

I am very new to hacking the Wii as I only did it last week. But I have figured out some stuff but this one is giving me a hard time to find a solution. On previous threads about this all of them ended with no solution or followup from the OP who had the issue.

Would anyone be able to explain what the above means to solve the error? In the HBC how do I check from there if Wiiflow has the correct meta.xml? The only way I know how to check the meta.xml is by taking it to my PC and viewing the files this way. On both Wiiflow and USB Loader GX both did not have the <ahb_access/> tag. So I added it in the Wiiflow meta but left the USB Loader GX alone since it was working without the tag.

My kids prefer Wiiflow as it is a bit easier for them to use along with having some themes that are very nice. Any advice is appreciated.
you need nintendont metaxml on the nintendont folder on the apps if its there it should work without any issues.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country

when using wiiflow press home button and go to file explorer. find nintendont.dol and boot it once there. then quit nintendont and load it via wiiflow the normal way (not guarenteed to work but im sure it did for me) also try reloading the cache in the gamecube games screen

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
why would anyone be talking about a vita game... there are only 2 pso for the gc so as long as you understand which one everyone is refering too its fine.
I know but it's a minor nitpick that's been bugging me, it's like when people report "Sonic Battle has this issue" when they really mean "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" you know there's another game called "Sonic Battle" on the GBA :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need nintendont metaxml on the nintendont folder on the apps if its there it should work without any issues.

Yes I have the meta.xml for nintendont in that location with the dol file. In that meta it does have the <ahb_access/> tag 2nd to last line.

when using wiiflow press home button and go to file explorer. find nintendont.dol and boot it once there. then quit nintendont and load it via wiiflow the normal way (not guarenteed to work but im sure it did for me) also try reloading the cache in the gamecube games screen

Learned something as I didn't see the file explorer option before. I did navigate to my sd:apps/nintendont/ folder and the only dol file I had was the boot.dol. I do not have a nintendont.dol so I assumed you meant the boot.dol file. When I loaded it it reset my Wii back to the system menu. I also tried reloading cache and still having the error.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
in the latest revs it has file explorer. and yes the nintendont dol file is named boot.dol. if it crashes wiiflow or boots to system menu then maybe try deleteing your wiiflow.ini and try booting again. i take it nintendont works properly when loading it via homebrew channel?

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you need ISO format files for Triforce games?? I would really like to Play Mario Kart Arcade but I only find ZIP files of These games. Is there a possibility to convert these zip files to iso??

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still had the aforementioned bug with 283 with PSO3 actually, though PSO 1+2 Plus worked fine (could just be that the bug isn't triggered every time). The bug was apparently introduced sometime after 273 because that revision works flawlessly with both as it used to.

Episode III is the series game that has always been the most problematic for loaders. IIRC (and I just woke up so my brain is a bit foggy), there was a moderate gap even for Devolution to get Ep III to work correctly, yet Ep I & II/Plus was done fairly quickly.

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why not? I've noticed lately that google likes to ignore search words and then show search results that have other words highlighted even though they were not part of the search parameters. So think of how many people could be looking for info about the Vita PSO2 and pull up this thread by accident because google felt it was a match.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are you for real? lol zip files are like rar files you extract them ...

Sorry, of course I know that. I should have explained better. I may be a noob but it would really be a shame if I wouldn't know even that ;)
In the zip files I got there are only .bin files called ic1_ etc. There is no iso in them. Thats why I thought these bin files are be the game files and I wanted to know if it is possible to repack them to iso.
Thanks for your help!

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not? I've noticed lately that google likes to ignore search words and then show search results that have other words highlighted even though they were not part of the search parameters. So think of how many people could be looking for info about the Vita PSO2 and pull up this thread by accident because google felt it was a match.

thats why you do a search for the console of which the game is on.the only real accidents is miss-reading (rushing and not reading fully)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry, of course I know that. I should have explained better. I may be a noob but it would really be a shame if I wouldn't know even that ;)
In the zip files I got there are only .bin files called ic1_ etc. There is no iso in them. Thats why I thought these bin files are be the game files and I wanted to know if it is possible to repack them to iso.
Thanks for your help!
Yeah, that particular download is in a format designed for MAME. You need to find another download with the files in .iso or .bin (which can be renamed to .iso).

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a problem with Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006
when I have all the following cheats enabled together it hangs after the Triforce bootup and doesn't make it to the controller calibration.
All the codes work fine individually and various combinations of them together work, but like I said for some reason when there all enabled it hangs, I'm using cfg usb loader if it makes any difference.

Time set 5 minutes
004768E0 0000000A
004768E1 0000000A

Game difficulty very easy
004768DC 00000000

Virtual time real
004768DD 00000002

Event mode on
004768DE 00000001

Advertise sound on
004768DF 00000001

Golden Goal time 3 minutes
004768E2 00000007
004768E3 00000007

Penalty knockout system real pk - Only comes into effect during quarter / semi final stages.
004768E4 00000004
004768E5 00000004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, *kills him*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We've been over this I wear kill proof clothing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should talk about my mom it's a 100hp hit :teach:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Good morning!
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
    Veho @ Veho: The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.