Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already mentioned a recommendation to completely remove the FST column from the compatibility list as even FIX94 said you shouldn't use it.

Nintendont has already done more than what Nintendo has done (or didn't) so we shouldn't be adding to the current list of problems that Nintendont has.

For me, I mostly shrink ISO's that give me a huge space savings (more than 50% savings like Luigi's Mansion). There's no point shrinking games like Smash Bros. as the game is almost 1.35GB to begin with.

On another note, I found a USB Flash drive that doesn't work on IOS58. It's a PNY 64GB USB Flash.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is no way. I've tried everything. I have even changed the Wii U resolution to 480p and I got a full 1:1 ISO. The problem is still there.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I already mentioned a recommendation to completely remove the FST column from the compatibility list as even FIX94 said you shouldn't use it.

Nintendont has already done more than what Nintendo has done (or didn't) so we shouldn't be adding to the current list of problems that Nintendont has.

For me, I mostly shrink ISO's that give me a huge space savings (more than 50% savings like Luigi's Mansion). There's no point shrinking games like Smash Bros. as the game is almost 1.35GB to begin with.

On another note, I found a USB Flash drive that doesn't work on IOS58. It's a PNY 64GB USB Flash.

Is it the USB 3.0 version?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is no way. I've tried everything. I have even changed the Wii U resolution to 480p and I got a full 1:1 ISO. The problem is still there.
have you tryed not forcing progressive and ntsc?

everything off except mcemu and hid if you use it and auto on video?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To whoever marked BMX XXX as yellow in the compatibility list, check it again with the latest rev, I think that issue got fixed around rev 230 or so.

I tested it, it works correctly now. But only with composite cables, or with the video mode turned to 480i with component or HDMI. Really wish this could be fixed...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tested it, it works correctly now. But only with composite cables, or with the video mode turned to 480i with component or HDMI. Really wish this could be fixed...
so your saying if i use hdmi on wiiu with 1080p option set the game wont boot?

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
have you tryed not forcing progressive and ntsc?

everything off except mcemu and hid if you use it and auto on video?

I have everything off except video mode. I have to force it to ntsc because with auto/none/pal5060 I get black screen.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so your saying if i use hdmi on wiiu with 1080p option set the game wont boot?
Right. The video mode must be set to 480i. Now that I think about it, the lowest you can go with HDMI is 480p. So composite or component at 480i is the only way to get it to boot. Trying to force 480i while at a higher res will also not work.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have everything off except video mode. I have to force it to ntsc because with auto/none/pal5060 I get black screen.
What nintendont version are you using? This sounds like the problem that was fixed a while ago.

EDIT: This should have been fixed since r209.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Right. The video mode must be set to 480i. Now that I think about it, the lowest you can go with HDMI is 480p. So composite or component at 480i is the only way to get it to boot. Trying to force 480i while at a higher res will also not work.

This is exactly why I think having a .cfg per game will be a nice addition.
Some games require some options to be disabled/changed and you can get into a game that requires, in this case, 480i to work, you boot it but you get a blackscreen because you forgot to change it due most of your games working with your previously set Settings.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly why I think having a .cfg per game will be a nice addition.
Some games require some options to be disabled/changed and you can get into a game that requires, in this case, 480i to work, you boot it but you get a blackscreen because you forgot to change it due most of your games working with your previously set Settings.
Custom cfg per game will not fix the issue though. The video settings must be changed in the actual Wii/WiiU settings

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Custom cfg per game will not fix the issue though. The video settings must be changed in the actual Wii/WiiU settings

I know that.
It won't fix the issue, it is simply a workaround it.
But think about it, there are many games that do not have fully functional Widescreen hack, or perhaps some give blackscreen with progressive, or you leave Native enabled for Wii users, etc, etc, many settings that are different for games and it could help out to have a simple .cfg that read the Game ID and writes to a Notepad what confs you have for a certain Game ID.

But nevermind me :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: not yet tho