Hacking Nintendont vs Dolphin

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My understanding of the two:

Dolphin is an emulator...whereas Nintendont is just a loader ?

Dolphin is an emulator that could give you in-game graphical glitches / other errors, Whereas Nintendont gives you 100% compatibility, And no in-game glitches etc..

Nintendont also runs GC games better than a GC console....

Am I correct ?

Also, playing GC games through Nintendont+Wii saves you the headache of messing around with different settings like when you want to setup Dolphin ?

Last edited by L3gi0n0fh311,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nintendont attempts to run games on Wii Mode, that is using the extra power of the console compared to the GameCube, which is why it brings improvements to the frame rate of games, which is not amazing for games that had serious frame issues, but also stellar for games that might have smaller drops here and there because they become totally stable.

As much as Dolphin has improved over time, you'll still find lots of problems depending on your computer, settings and such. Some games are particularly more difficult to run well, others were developed in ways that make them harder to make run properly. It's not uncommon to have to change settings for each game. All of this is to be expected from emulators for more recent systems, they're far more complicated.

Of course, Dolphin has the potential of every emulator to be better and better as time goes on, but is dependant on many things.

I do not know if Nintendont is truly 100% compatibility (you couldn't use the GameBoy Player for example), and you could encounter some issue if, let's say, you try to force some settings to a game and that particular title doesn't react well to it (let's say, forcing widescreen or a video width option), but from my experience playing with Nintendont is pretty much hassle-free compared to running Dolphin, and the options and extra features make it infinitely better than playing GC games on a Stock Wii too.

Nintendont + Wii also lets you play import games without any modification on the console, and use real GC peripherals such as controllers, Memory Cards, GBA-GC cable and such. Oh, and play Triforce games, that's also quite interesting too.

D

Deleted User

Now that I have a gaming computer, I've been able to run every game that I throw at Dolphin both Gamecube and Wii. But before this gaming computer I had a non-gaming computer but it still had 8 gb of ram but not impressive processor and it struggled to run some games. I had more trouble with Gamecube than Wii for some reason on Dolphin.

If you don't have a gaming PC and you do have a Wii or Wii U, just go with Nintendont. I like Dophin because it allows save states which nintendont dont.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My understanding of the two:

Dolphin is an emulator...whereas Nintendont is just a loader ?

Dolphin is an emulator that could give you in-game graphical glitches / other errors, Whereas Nintendont gives you 100% compatibility, And no in-game glitches etc..

Nintendont also runs GC games better than a GC console....

Am I correct ?

Also, playing GC games through Nintendont+Wii saves you the headache of messing around with different settings like when you want to setup Dolphin ?
Also, Dolphin runs games in HD and many GC/Wii games look great in HD, like they were made for it. I can't play GC/Wii on real hardware anymore, the games just look so much better in Dolphin.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emulating GBA connectivity on Dolphin introduces extra CPU overhead, which certain computers may not handle. Nintendont handles real GBA LANs perfectly well, but not at the same time as Bluetooth or USB controllers. (So just like a Gamecube, except in Wii mode which certain third-party cables don't like)

BBA emulation can be more stable than Nintendont; entirely to be expected from hardware that gives consoles two (or three!) generations ahead of the Wii (so more like three or four!) a run for its lunch money. It's far more impressive that Nintendont pulls it off so well.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you have a decent pc that can run dolphin, I recommend you go for it, since dolphin comes with a bunch of advancements like netplay

The problem is finding people to play with.

Then again the Wii Mario Kart definitely has not aged well and Brawl has many haters...

john1578

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Then again the Wii Mario Kart definitely has not aged well and Brawl has many haters...

Nah, MKWii has aged really well imo. It's especially good if you have some friends to play with. Brawl is a really fun game if you're not a professional, and, tbh, I doubt any of us is a pro.

Edit: I take that back. In my current opinion, Brawl is kind of bad if compared to the OG Super Smash Bros and to Melee. I dislike the fact it's so slow and defensive-play focused.

Last edited by john1578,
Reactions: Maeson

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Not really for Brawl in facebook there is a group that have a lot of brawl players also they play mods like Project M

Reactions: Maeson

majorgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolpin video and audio stutters, and the controller input is laggy on my i9 16gb ram gaming pc.

I would definitely go with a WII U and Nintendont over Dolphin. It will save you a bunch of hair pulling moments.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I think there are groups for matchmaking in emulators so if you wanna play a game with someone you can ask there and see who replies. Depending on the game, there should always be someone interested.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Double Dash is... interesting is the word? Is unique in so many ways, have they implemented online multiplayer for it?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's like comparing motorcycles to cars.

Dolphin has always worked very well for me, and I have an old as heck PC (i7-4790K, GeForce GTX 760, 12GB DDR3 RAM - recently upgraded to 20GB). The only times I ever had performance issues was when I was using HD texture packs. With the Mayflash Dolphin Bar and Gamecube Controller Adaptor, I can use my original Wiimotes and GC controllers as well as pretty much any HID I want to (I'm partial to the XBox 360 controller and the Switch Pro Controller). With the Ishiiruka builds, I can tweak a bunch of graphics settings and play many of my games in HD. Dolphin is certainly a huge step up from playing on the actual Gamecube and Wii. It's a car, with a bunch of bells and whistles like GPS, parking camera, cup holders, Bluetooth, AC, etc. It's just better.

Nintendont runs on an acual Wii (or vWii on a WiiU) so there's no emulation overhead as it has access to the actual Wii hardware. If your computer is really slow, Nintendont will run better. It's fast, it's not likely to crash, it's more compatible, it does what it came here to do. But it's a motorcycle, basically an engine on wheels and that's it - no cup holder for you, not even a roof to keep the rain away. No graphics tweaks, no custom textures, no using your DualSense or mouse+keyboard, just what the Wii can handle and no more. If you prefer to play on the original hardware, or if your computer isn't up to the task of running Dolphin, then Nintendont is the superior choice.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
If using original hardware (Wii U), semiportable Gamecube using Nintendont and the Wii U game pad is a great experience. But this could change very soon with the steam deck. Even that most high end phones can run Dolphin almost accurately, using a dedicated gaming platform tends to be more user friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds +1