1. L3gi0n0fh311

OP L3gi0n0fh311 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    My understanding of the two:

Dolphin is an emulator...whereas Nintendont is just a loader ?

Dolphin is an emulator that could give you in-game graphical glitches / other errors, Whereas Nintendont gives you 100% compatibility, And no in-game glitches etc..

Nintendont also runs GC games better than a GC console....

Am I correct ?

Also, playing GC games through Nintendont+Wii saves you the headache of messing around with different settings like when you want to setup Dolphin ?

Last edited by L3gi0n0fh311, Feb 25, 2021
    BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  2. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nintendont attempts to run games on Wii Mode, that is using the extra power of the console compared to the GameCube, which is why it brings improvements to the frame rate of games, which is not amazing for games that had serious frame issues, but also stellar for games that might have smaller drops here and there because they become totally stable.

As much as Dolphin has improved over time, you'll still find lots of problems depending on your computer, settings and such. Some games are particularly more difficult to run well, others were developed in ways that make them harder to make run properly. It's not uncommon to have to change settings for each game. All of this is to be expected from emulators for more recent systems, they're far more complicated.

Of course, Dolphin has the potential of every emulator to be better and better as time goes on, but is dependant on many things.

I do not know if Nintendont is truly 100% compatibility (you couldn't use the GameBoy Player for example), and you could encounter some issue if, let's say, you try to force some settings to a game and that particular title doesn't react well to it (let's say, forcing widescreen or a video width option), but from my experience playing with Nintendont is pretty much hassle-free compared to running Dolphin, and the options and extra features make it infinitely better than playing GC games on a Stock Wii too.

Nintendont + Wii also lets you play import games without any modification on the console, and use real GC peripherals such as controllers, Memory Cards, GBA-GC cable and such. Oh, and play Triforce games, that's also quite interesting too.

alexander1970 and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  3. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Now that I have a gaming computer, I've been able to run every game that I throw at Dolphin both Gamecube and Wii. But before this gaming computer I had a non-gaming computer but it still had 8 gb of ram but not impressive processor and it struggled to run some games. I had more trouble with Gamecube than Wii for some reason on Dolphin.

If you don't have a gaming PC and you do have a Wii or Wii U, just go with Nintendont. I like Dophin because it allows save states which nintendont dont.

4. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    If you have a decent pc that can run dolphin, I recommend you go for it, since dolphin comes with a bunch of advancements like netplay

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Also, Dolphin runs games in HD and many GC/Wii games look great in HD, like they were made for it. I can't play GC/Wii on real hardware anymore, the games just look so much better in Dolphin.

6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

United Kingdom
    Emulating GBA connectivity on Dolphin introduces extra CPU overhead, which certain computers may not handle. Nintendont handles real GBA LANs perfectly well, but not at the same time as Bluetooth or USB controllers. (So just like a Gamecube, except in Wii mode which certain third-party cables don't like)

BBA emulation can be more stable than Nintendont; entirely to be expected from hardware that gives consoles two (or three!) generations ahead of the Wii (so more like three or four!) a run for its lunch money. It's far more impressive that Nintendont pulls it off so well.

alexander1970 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    The problem is finding people to play with.

Then again the Wii Mario Kart definitely has not aged well and Brawl has many haters...

8. john1578

john1578 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Nah, MKWii has aged really well imo. It's especially good if you have some friends to play with. Brawl is a really fun game if you're not a professional, and, tbh, I doubt any of us is a pro.

MaeseJesus likes this.
  9. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Not really for Brawl in facebook there is a group that have a lot of brawl players also they play mods like Project M

MaeseJesus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, Dolphin,