Hacking Nintendont stopped saving game states (but loads them fine)

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I'm playing a GC game on Nintendont.
I use an emulated mem card, and I choose to emulate a memcard per game.
I've been playing and WITHIN THE GAME, in the menù, I've been saving on different slots.

I can see them in the game, all with the right timestamp.

Now, i reach a certain point where I start writing on the same slot, because they're all full so I go back to the first one and save on thaqt one, and on the next one, and so on. The game will let me save and I can see the new timestamp so I think, everything is fine.

But the nex day I play the game, load the savegame... and it's the OLD one, like nintendont didn't write on that slot DESPITE the timestam and title of the savegame being different.

So I check the hard drive. The RAW file with the game ID is there, of course, or it wouldnt load. Only, the last modified date tells me the file hasn't been written in a few days, when it should actually say yesterday.

So it appears that Nintendont isnt writing on the raw file anymore. Despite the in game saving screen saying otherwise. Despite still being able to load them.
It seems like it won't allow me to write twice on the same slot.

Anyone ever had this weird problem?
Thanks

Last edited by Severino,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you making sure to turn the system off properly? IIRC, Nintendont keeps the emulated memory card in a RAM Disk while it's on, then updates it upon power off or reset combo press.

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you making sure to turn the system off properly? IIRC, Nintendont keeps the emulated memory card in a RAM Disk while it's on, then updates it upon power off or reset combo press.
Could I have been that stupid? Of course!
Wow I'm embarassed :)
I guess I'll delete this thread, but before I wanna thank you for helping me out :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30