Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do agree to some point. But if we did that we also need to subtract all the sales for games that came with a controller or some other accessory

And why not? For example, people didn't buy "Wii Play" because of the game - they bought the WiiMote. They did buy Monster Hunter Tri though, and the Pro controller was just topping.

There are accessories bundled with games and games bundled with accesories, and it's not hard to distinguish the two.

Playable levels and characters are becoming more console specific as downloadable content for one console only, sometimes this is timed and lasts only a certain amout of time like Skyrim content being XBOX 360 exclusive for 30 days, other times its beacuse more money has been paid and they remain exclusives which is not so much anymore, but it does happen. Sometimes games are released for a single console and then become multiplatform after the exclusive period has ended. its not just hats and helmets.
I realize that - world ain't perfect. I'm not arguing againts a degree of exclusiveness, I argue againts making hardware inferior to the point that multiplats aren't even possible on it. How does that sound?

What about 360 consoles sold with MW3 and Halo they would also count. PSP sold with copies of LBP, I can see the point you makebut it would be hard to do as you dont know if the console made the sale or the game sold the console, which should then count as a games sale.

I stick with my earlier argument re Nintendo games and multiplatform titles, I dont think anyone expects them to ever be fully multiplatform.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about 360 consoles sold with MW3 and Halo they would also count. PSP sold with copies of LBP, I can see the point you makebut it would be hard to do as you dont know if the console made the sale or the game sold the console, which should then count as a games sale.
C'mon - nobody buys a console bundled with the game specifically for the game. It's clearly a joint-sale, the middle ground. The buyer could opt for the console alone, but he did not. The buyer could opt for the game alone, but he did not. Both count as a "sale" then.

Even if it was an exclusive, the buyer could get the console before it was bundled with the title and purchase it separately, but that didn't happen either.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then we would see far less sales numbers for a game like Majora's Mask as it came bundle with the N64 expansion pack
...because it required it to function properly. Game bundled with accessory, not the other way around. It sold on its own merit as a Zelda game.
Wii Play doesnt require a wiimote to function properly?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, then we would see far less sales numbers for a game like Majora's Mask as it came bundle with the N64 expansion pack
...because it required it to function properly. Game bundled with accessory, not the other way around. It sold on its own merit as a Zelda game.
Wii Play doesnt require a wiimote to function properly?
It "doesn't" because a WiiMote is bundled with the system. You already "have one", you don't need the extra to play the game.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C'mon - nobody buys a console bundled with the game specifically for the game. It's clearly a joint-sale, the middle ground. The buyer could opt for the console alone, but he did not. The buyer could opt for the game alone, but he did not. Both count as a "sale" then.

Even if it was an exclusive, the buyer could get the console before it was bundled with the title and purchase it separately, but that didn't happen either.

I just bought RES Evil for the 3DS, mine came with the circle pad pro. I bought it for the game, as it was bundled with the pad for £29.99 thats a sale for the game as far as I can see.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I just bought RES Evil for the 3DS, mine came with the circle pad pro. I bought it for the game, as it was bundled with the pad for £29.99 thats a sale for the game as far as I can see.
See? You employ common sense and it works.

Not only that, is the circlepad even sold as a separate accessory?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

See? You employ common sense and it works.

Not only that, is the circlepad even sold as a separate accessory?

Yes for £14.99 (bundle price was a steel)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I see... Never saw any Circlepads here that weren't bundled - good to know they're also available separately.

In any case, this is the "Monster Hunter + Pro Classic Controller" case - you buy the game and the add-on is just toppings.

In any case, I think the thread got sufficiently de-railed lol. Besides, it's about time for me to go offline, so yeah.

I just wanted to describe my take on this and show off my support towards the WiiU which in comparison to the Wii seems like a much more "lucrative" deal.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see... Never saw any Circlepads here that weren't bundled - good to know they're also available separately.

In any case, this is the "Monster Hunter + Pro Classic Controller" case - you buy the game and the add-on is just toppings.
Much like how I got Wii Play + a wiimote - mmmm extra toppings

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

http://www.wiiordie....k-plus-box-art/

http://www.amazon.co...28148366&sr=8-1

I think this argument has run its course, you buy a console for one reason, I buy it for another. You cant satisfy everyone, if you tried, one of us would end up disapointed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I believe I made it clear that Wii Play did not sell on its own merit since it could just as well run without the bundled WiiMote as every console was bundled with one. In this case, it's WiiPlay that's the topping on the WiiMote. A topping of arguable flavour.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe I made it clear that Wii Play did not sell on its own merit since it could just as well run without the bundled WiiMote as every console was bundled with one. In this case, it's WiiPlay that's the topping on the WiiMote. A topping of arguable flavour.
Who the fart are you to say Wii Play did not sell on it own merits. I for one did not buy it for the wiimote. I wanted to play that damn tank game and the wiimote on top was "just toppings"

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Who the fart are you to say Wii Play did not sell on it own merits. I for one did not buy it for the wiimote. I wanted to play that damn tank game and the wiimote on top was "just toppings"

Tetris sold the Gameboy, Brain training and Nintendogs sold the DS, in these cases (especially the last) the tail wagged the dog.

On that note I am off to bed. Night and have fun, on the console of your choice....

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
fry.PNG

Reactions: 2 people

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually kind of like it personally. I know that the majority of the games for the Wii will be different from the other consoles.
I buy a Nintendo console for the Nintendo games. (Which, incidentally, are more than just Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon, they've picked up and assimilated a lot of developers over the years.)
If I wanted those multiplat games I'd also pick up a 360 or a PS3.
And the deciding factor between those would be...which PS3-only or 360-only games I prefered.
It's what makes each console unique that ends up being the deciding factor for me, not what each console can do the same of.
You unwillingly touch the point I'm clumsily trying to convey.

PS3 = PS3 exclusives + multiplats
360 = 360 exclusives + multiplats
Wii = Wii exclusives

...now do you see what I'm getting at?

When buying a Microsoft console, I know I'll probably get Halo, I know I'll get Gears. When getting a Sony one, I know I'll get God of War, I know I'll have the pleasure to play Patapon, I know I'll play Little Big Planet. On the Nintendo's equivalent I'll get Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. All have their specific titles, the difference is in access to multiplat titles, which the Wii simply didn't support.
Yes, but I'm also getting things like Muramasa, the Trauma series, Rhythm Heaven (Soon), Endless Ocean, etc on top of the usual Nintendo exclusives.
They might not all be games that everyone likes, but they're all unique to the Wii.
That's my point anyway, the Wii gets a lot of different/exclusives just because they need to be that way since people can't just port games to it easily.
The Japanese software list is better too, but silly NoA doesn't want to localize a lot of games. Can't fault the console for that though.
That's exactly the reason I like the Wii so much. While it doesn't have most of the games the PS3 and 360 do, it has the most [good] exclusives by far, and the games that it does share often have features, play styles, or stories that were not present in the original, often at the expense of various other facets. Now, that's not to say it's the best system this generation (though it is my favorite of the 3), but it's certainly a major plus. Plus, if you have a good computer and/or a PS3 or a 360, you get the best case scenario.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's exactly the reason I like the Wii so much. While it doesn't have most of the games the PS3 and 360 do, it has the most [good] exclusives by far, and the games that it does share often have features, play styles, or stories that were not present in the original, often at the expense of various other facets. Now, that's not to say it's the best system this generation (though it is my favorite of the 3), but it's certainly a major plus. Plus, if you have a good computer and/or a PS3 or a 360, you get the best case scenario.
Oh, but who's stopping developers from adding those extra features on specific consoles? Who's to say "do not use the Kinect" on 360 games, who says "steer clear off the motion plus!" on the PS3, who said "don't use motion controls" on the Wii?

By all means, use all those "extras" each console provides, but be sensible about the hardware while at it. I'm by no means saying "all multiplats should be the same", I'm saying that each should be available on the console of the three big players, so that when it all goes down to the "choice" people will buy those consoles and those versions that appeal to them the most - including the exclusive features (except things like mission DLC, which I believe should be the same for all 3) and including the in-house titles.

I'm not saying that Wii games are bad - I'm saying that the Wii didn't sufficiently facilitate game development. It was a generation behind for crying out loud.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, but who's stopping developers from adding those extra features on specific consoles? Who's to say "do not use the Kinect" on 360 games, who says "steer clear off the motion plus!" on the PS3, who said "don't use motion controls" on the Wii?

By all means, use all those "extras" each console provides, but be sensible about the hardware while at it. I'm by no means saying "all multiplats should be the same", I'm saying that each should be available on the console of the three big players, so that when it all goes down to the "choice" people will buy those consoles and those versions that appeal to them the most - including the exclusive features (except things like mission DLC, which I believe should be the same for all 3) and including the in-house titles.

I'm not saying that Wii games are bad - I'm saying that the Wii didn't sufficiently facilitate game development. It was a generation behind for crying out loud.
I wasn't countering your argument, just making a statement. That said, I think that even though the Wii was under-powered, it gave people a reason to buy a 2nd system besides the 360 or the PS3.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So if every console was bundled with one and you can buy it seperately for cheaper, why would they have shelled out the extra $10 for this topping that arguable doesnt have any merit to sell itself. If i didnt want the game i would have just bought the wiimote for cheaper. You are looking at in a sense that everyone that bought it was only interested in purchasing it because they were in the market for a new wiimote.

I do get your point, that monster hunter is gonna sell well regardless of a bundle, and wiiplay likely would not have seen so many sales if it wasnt bundle with a wiimote(especially at $40) My point being, it would be silly to qualify one piece of software with a disclaimer because it was bundled and not qualify another piece of software that sold in a bundle purely on someones opinion on wether that software merits that spot it holds.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii-u-no-dvd.png

Nintendo has admitted that while its forthcoming Wii U game console will support high-definition graphics and will be rather powerful, it will not be able to compete with the next-generation systems from Microsoft Corp. or Sony Corp. in terms of performance as they will be ultra-powerful. Instead, Nintendo calls its approach balanced as it features both improvements and exclusive technologies.

The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware. Looks like the Wii U will follow that trend.
This means developers who makes games for the PS4 and/or the next XBOX and wants to port it to the Wii U will have to water it down just like the Wii.

source: http://www.xbitlabs....ce_Console.html

As of now this is just a rumor Nintendo has not confirmed this nor do we know for sure, every developer seems to think the Wii U or whatever its gonna be called will be one hell of a power house and to be fair I really don't see much difference in terms of graphics between 3DS and Vita, hell the 3DS is one hell of a system in terms of graphics and developers are only going to push it further...we already learned that Vita isn't as powerful as Sony hyped it to be nor will sport PS3 graphics...as far as I can tell 3DS and Vita are fairly close in terms of graphics...and seriously who cares just give great games awesome stories and bitching as controls and we have are winner :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol